Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the age of 37 better than those 2 pgs who got waived omar cook and william avery???
mark cant shoot at all.. i think el amin is the next one to be cut..
By the way its crap that barkley is in the league and cook isnt..

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Originally posted by <b>grizzoistight</b>!
At the age of 37 better than those 2 pgs who got waived omar cook and william avery???
Maybe Mark can't shoot, but he still has the smarts on how to lead a team offensively, which the others are not adept at so far in their young careers.

·
Registered
8,660 Posts
Marc Jackson has been very under appreciated/rated his entire career, IMO. He will be the best back up pg the jazz has had since i could remember. A good floor leader who can still drop 7 asts if given time and obviously can direct the jazz offense.

·
_(&#12484;)_&#3626;&#3657;&#3657;&#3657;&#3657;&#3
28,008 Posts
I don't understand...

...why so many people dog on Jackson so much. CBS sportsline put him on the (whatever the All-Worst team was called) last year. He's an average shooter who doesn't play very good defense, but give me a break, he's like third or fourth on the all-time assist list, averaged 6 or 7 assists last year at the age of 36, and one of a dozen or so players to have a triple-double last year.

As backup PGs go, you aren't doing too bad with Jackson.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Originally posted by <b>grizzoistight</b>!
Yes Jackson is better. The Jazz looked at Avery during the summer leagues so they have had a decent chance to compare them.
Avery stats
FG% 3pt% FT%
.309 .286 .667 99-00
.382 .271 .778 00-01
.289 .171 .684 01-02
.330 .255 .714 career

Jackson can't shoot? He shoots better than most PGs
FG% - .439 - #11 among starting PGs
3pt%- .405 - #5 among starting PGs
FT% - .791 - #17 among starting PGsbut still respectable

Jackson's FG% and FT% have never been as low as Avery's. His 3pt% hasn't been below 31% since the 93-94 season when it was 25%.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts