Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If not, I see this as a very eventful draft, with lots of trades and lots of unexpected picks. The Rockets won't take Jay Williams, so they'd probably trade the pick. After that it could get interesting, because each player will have a chance to go one spot higher, so a team that thought they had a sure chance to get someone will have to trade up to get them. Plus, the Clippers may be making a move. Memphis is reportedly shopping their pick, as well as many other teams. It could get messy.

·
Moderator/Head Decepticon
7,624 Posts
Originally posted by HEATLUNATIC
Ming WILL go #1!
Yes, LUNATIC is right. Supposedly, people from ClutchCity.net told me that the Rocket Guy is full of total bullcrap, and he despised Ming. Look for him to be number 1 unless the pick is traded...

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is Ming going to be in the draft though?

Did anything happen since yesterday? I thought that there was a chance he wouldn't be available because his team in China wanted a signed agreement from the NBA that he would have to play in all Chinese national team events, which would cause him to miss 20 or so games a year. I realize that if he's in the draft he'll go number 1, but if he's not in the draft, the whole thing will be messed up.

·
Moderator/Head Decepticon
7,624 Posts
Are you asking will he be in the green room? I believe not, but if you're asking if he's still in the draft, yes he is. That article overexaggerated on "Houston not wanting to pick a player who can't play a full season." That wasn't true, the guy just totally hates Ming, and I have no clue why.

·
Registered
10 Posts
China has never asked for Ming to miss 20 games during the season. All they want is for him to available during the summer and maybe some of the pre-season. They have no problem letting him play the 82 games and playoffs. Besides the last games of the year... the World games are over in October. So don't worry Ming will be drafted number 1. Also Houston had to give in writing that they would make him the number 1 pick and not trade him. So don't worry about that either.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts