Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems to me the turning point of the game in Seattle and Philly was when he left the court with his brutally streaky jumper.

Vs. <b>Philly</b> 2-8 (%25)
Vs. <b>Seattle</b> 4-13 (%31%)
vs. <b>Utah</b> 0-5 (0%)
==================
<b>22% in last 3 games</b> - easily the worst player offensively for the Raps and a big reason why Seattle and Philly got off to such good starts

It's painfully obvious that all Peterson cares about is padding his stats as this is a contract year - how else could you explain his:
- "play me or trade me" rant
- his backhanded claim that he derves minutes of Joey G (who played iverson much better than Mo Pete did IMO)
- his public betrayal of the coaching staff (essentially saying they are wrong not to play him)

Peterson looked good in the first 3 games and since then he has negated all that good play with selfish play and terrible decisions... same old mo pete *sigh*. :sigh:

·
Registered
268 Posts
charlz said:
Peterson looked good in the first 3 games and since then he has negated all that good play with selfish play and terrible decisions... same old mo pete *sigh*. :sigh:
C -

Peterson will not be here if the team can get a player of his build w/ more basketball guile through the draft - he's not a primetime player, more of a 8th to 10th role player (w/ @ most 15 minutes per game) off the bench on a quality, talent-laden team (like the Spurs); he's never demonstrated the take-over-a-game capacity from his days @ Michigan State till now - there's no indication that he'll be able to develop this either so...

For all of the rhetoric he spewed @ the close of last season about coming back in and redoubling efforts to improve, I don't see how his play reflects that - nice safe soundbites (for the most part) w/ very little substance or behavior to support/back it up...

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
charlz said:
Seems to me the turning point of the game in Seattle and Philly was when he left the court with his brutally streaky jumper.

Vs. <b>Philly</b> 2-8 (%25)
Vs. <b>Seattle</b> 4-13 (%31%)
vs. <b>Utah</b> 0-5 (0%)
==================
<b>22% in last 3 games</b> - easily the worst player offensively for the Raps and a big reason why Seattle and Philly got off to such good starts

It's painfully obvious that all Peterson cares about is padding his stats as this is a contract year - how else could you explain his:
- "play me or trade me" rant
- his backhanded claim that he derves minutes of Joey G (who played iverson much better than Mo Pete did IMO)
- his public betrayal of the coaching staff (essentially saying they are wrong not to play him)

You're right about those past games. I would like to note that Mo is by nature a streaky player, and three good games followed by three bad, while unfortunate is not out of the ordinary for him. I am dissapointed in his comments though.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unknownone said:
C -

For all of the rhetoric he spewed @ the close of last season about coming back in and redoubling efforts to improve, I don't see how his play reflects that - nice safe soundbites (for the most part) w/ very little substance or behavior to support/back it up...
brilliantly put - and insightful.... Peterson tries to say the right thing (except when he is biotching about playing time)... but the longer he goes on a complacent player it is just <b>fluf talk</b>.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
I don't like what I have seen out of Mo.. both on the court and out of his mouth this season.

Really.. what does he bring to the table?

- he doesn't play like he's 6-7
- he is inconsistant
- he doesn't take it to the rim like he once did
- he is averaging 0.00 stl/gm
- thus far this season he is averaging 29.7 mins/game. 1 minute less than last year, and .4 mins more than his career average. He is fouling more this season, and has had more turnovers per game this season over the previous 3.

Earn it, Mo.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ballyhoo said:
Is this a contract year for Mo? I thought he was signed for next year too.
team option.. which they did not pick up this summer...

·
Registered
11,876 Posts
huh? next year summer is the team option, if indeed it does exist. pretty sure this isn't a contract year for Mo or we would have been talking about that a little more (rather than not once before this thread as far as I know).

He also didn't say "play me or trade me" as far as I know.

I'm sure he's mad at himself and his inconsistencies and I also think his game will come around to where it was last year.

I don't really like Mo as a player, apart from his D, and never really have. Still, I don't really think this is a question of him being selfish.

Will be interesting to see whether he's still starting alongside Jalen tonight.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Blame your organization for bringing him back. That was a horrible decision.

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
yea, what an *******, best thing your organization can do now is salvage something and trade him to denver

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
HKF said:
well he is the best defender at the time + the current NBA iron man - tought to just let him walk.

·
Registered
11,876 Posts
HKF said:
As sub-par as he might be, bringing him back for a couple seasons for under 5 mill is definitely not a horrible decision. He comes off in our salary dump. Losing him going into last season would have been bad for business.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
if he wanted more playing time he should earn it. right now he's not earning any playing time with the way he's performing right now

1 - 16 of 16 Posts