Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I think so. Look at the Blazers then Seattle this year.

Leadership requires ethics and values both of which Nate has.

Thanks. God Bless.

Aaron.

·
Registered
8,714 Posts
Based on records, no. Based on how he is getting this team ready for each game, close. I am starting to think that this club is going to suprise people this year. I was disappointed that the Blazers lost to Detroit, but impressed that hung with them, even if it was on the back end of a back to back for the Pistons.

·
Excentrifugal Forz
6,985 Posts
HOWIE said:
Based on records, no. Based on how he is getting this team ready for each game, close. I am starting to think that this club is going to suprise people this year. I was disappointed that the Blazers lost to Detroit, but impressed that hung with them, even if it was on the back end of a back to back for the Pistons.
Base on record no, base on what he has to work with, come on, easily YES!

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
He was three points away from being Coach of the Year. :D Yeah. Nate's one of the good coaches. I'd give him Top 6 or 7 honors, for sure.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Thus far I am more than impressed - he's fantastic! Best time I've had at the Rose Garden in quite a while.

·
Registered
8,714 Posts
mgb said:
Base on record no, base on what he has to work with, come on, easily YES!
Well if you put it that way, damn right he is. :D

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Seattle is missing him, desperately. The players would never say it publicly, but you know it is in the back of their heads. The Sonics have more problems than just coaching though; Radman, Flip & Reggie are playing selfishly. I suppose the argument that he would set them in place is there, but that is no guarantee.

Based on what Nate has had to work with, I agree, he is a good coach. one of the BEST? I'm reluctant to say that. But he has a way of getting guys to perform under him, & performing their best.

·
Registered
8,714 Posts
myELFboy said:
Seattle is missing him, desperately. The players would never say it publicly, but you know it is in the back of their heads. The Sonics have more problems than just coaching though; Radman, Flip & Reggie are playing selfishly. I suppose the argument that he would set them in place is there, but that is no guarantee.

Based on what Nate has had to work with, I agree, he is a good coach. one of the BEST? I'm reluctant to say that. But he has a way of getting guys to perform under him, & performing their best.
Thus the reason that the Blazers wanted him to be their coach. It is wierd the difference in Mo's Blazers and Nate's Blazers. I am starting to think that maybe Nate can get to Miles when Cheeks couldn't. Time will tell, but this season might not be as hard to stomach as many had feared.

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
myELFboy said:

The sonics might still end up with a better record (obviously, it's a little early) but they're going to pay for not keeping Nate, AND having Bobby "a hire that wasn't" Weiss as their coach.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Hap said:
The sonics might still end up with a better record (obviously, it's a little early) but they're going to pay for not keeping Nate, AND having Bobby "a hire that wasn't" Weiss as their coach.
yeah, the Sonics ****ed this one up. Really, they burnt that bridge before last season, so even if they gave Nate the Paul Allen deal, matched it, I doubt he would've stayed, & in the fans eyes, it is so frustrating to know that. But, Wally Walker has a way of pissing of good coaches that we've had, & those coaches always seem to find their way back into the NW division to haunt the Sonics, lol (Karl/McMillan).

I'd say there are 79 more games left, the season is not over; but really, if you saw the way they played in a full 48 minutes, you'd agree that the season is over. Even Ray looked lifeless out there, & if he is lifeless, the whole team plays dead. This is a brutal road trip to start the season out, but instead of improving a little bit on each game, they get worse, each game. Maybe playing Toronto is the cure....my fear is the Sonics lose to them; if that's the case, I'll be crossing my fingers for the number one pick, lol.

·
Registered
3,969 Posts
He's the best at improving young players.There are 3-4 coaches ahead of him but in a few years he might be #1.

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
RipCity9 said:
Thus far I am more than impressed - he's fantastic! Best time I've had at the Rose Garden in quite a while.
I felt the exact same way after the Atlanta game openning night. I hope this season is the beginning of a comeback for Blazermania.

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
SheedSoNasty said:
I felt the exact same way after the Atlanta game openning night. I hope this season is the beginning of a comeback for Blazermania.
imagine a sleeping, somewhat sick giant.

now imagine, it's waking up but real groggy. It's yawning, and smacking it's lips together. He's reaching for his glasses...He's starting to look for his alarm clock and see's it's only 2:45 AM, so he lays back down.

He's not awake, but he's not asleep.

(even dorkier part coming up) that giants name? Blazermania..

·
Registered
8,714 Posts
Hap said:
imagine a sleeping, somewhat sick giant.

now imagine, it's waking up but real groggy. It's yawning, and smacking it's lips together. He's reaching for his glasses...He's starting to look for his alarm clock and see's it's only 2:45 AM, so he lays back down.

He's not awake, but he's not asleep.

(even dorkier part coming up) that giants name? Blazermania..
Wow, what a thought......kinda scary if you really think about it. :biggrin:

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
I think Nate is a great coach in regards to getting into players heads and getting the best out of what they have.....Look at Reggie Evans, Nick Collison, Flip Murray and Jerome James (to an extent) up in Seattle....Those guys were all guys who came out of nowhere and turned into solid players who knew their respective roles under McMillan....I'm seeing it now with Darius and Zach..a couple of players who were previously just going through the motions under the old coach, has shown some consistency in this early season...I think Nate's best trait isn't his X and O's (which I can't complain about either) but his ability to light a fire under his players and get them to understand how to win and more importantly want to win....

·
A deserving All-Star
2,319 Posts
Best coaches in the league with this seasons performances in mind are in my opinion as follows.

1. Jackson BEST ALL TIME
2. Brown Knicks still need to figure stuff out but theyll get through
3. Popovich
4. Mcimillan
5. Lawrence Frank

thats just my top 5

1 - 17 of 17 Posts