• no

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
The Bilson = Jayhawk Love
6,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What I am asking is if he has another down year as far as performance wise, could he be fired?

performance and win - loss records are different.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
I voted yes just for the fact that any coach at a big time football school who's been having a few sub-par seasons is fireable. That being said, after watching UT tonight I don't think it's going to happen. Despite having to start a true freshman QB, the Vols put up 42 points on UNLV. Cedric Houston was outstanding until he was forced out of the game with a leg injury but Gerald Riggs looked just as good stepping in. If the two freshman QB's can keep up the strong play and they shore up their run defense, Tennesse can compete for the SEC title this season.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Natty Dreadlockz</b>!
If they ever do get rid of him, it'll be for his off the field rep rather than his on the field record.
More than likely a combo of the two....if Phil has another down year, he will be in hot water, but I think they would give him one more season...unless they go 4-8, which I doubt it, I give Phil one more year if things dont go well.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Personally, I've never liked the cat.. Especially, after the way they forced out Majors in order to put him in charge.. And the way he kept the Vols off probation by rat'n out the entire SEC.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Personally, I've never liked the cat.. Especially, after the way they forced out Majors in order to put him in charge.. And the way he kept the Vols off probation by rat'n out the entire SEC.
:yes:

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Originally posted by <b>TruCrimson</b>!

:yes:
Roll Tide. I actually had got accepted to go to school there, but I didn't want to go. Bradley didn't have no darn football. :(

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Originally posted by <b>TruCrimson</b>!
HKF, sure would have been a culture change..Peoria, Illinois to T-Town, Alabama
Probably right. Although, you would be surprised at how the surrounding towns are in Central Illinois. They have a country feel to them IMO. Very homey.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yeah, parts of central and southern Illinois remind me of a lot of the south.
except for the 100% humidity, you know here when it rains it gets hotter, and the giant mosquitoes......oh yeah buttermilk cornbread & gritts ;)

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Originally posted by <b>AU Tigers</b>!

except for the 100% humidity, you know here when it rains it gets hotter, and the giant mosquitoes......oh yeah buttermilk cornbread & gritts ;)
My kind of place. Well without the humidity and giant mosquitos. ;)

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
It's more of a dry humidity in the midwest.. Your right about the rain seasons though.. I damn near perfected my madden pass defense during a typical week long Florida downpour.. The giant mosquitoes weren't nearly as bad as the giant flying roaches that I saw as a kid in Liberty City :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts