Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can you work out a trade that gets Tim Thomas out of town and the Bulls get back Pj Brown in return?

I read somewhere that PJ might be moved. PJ would be perfect for the Bulls. He has size to offset Chandler or Sweetney. He has a solid game, and would be the perfect veteran. He's AD @ 6'11' and little less mileage.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
L.O.B said:
How can you work out a trade that gets Tim Thomas out of town and the Bulls get back Pj Brown in return?

I read somewhere that PJ might be moved. PJ would be perfect for the Bulls. He has size to offset Chandler or Sweetney. He has a solid game, and would be the perfect veteran. He's AD @ 6'11' and little less mileage.
Tim Thomas and a pick for PJ and Mason?

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Tim Thomas and a pick for PJ and Mason?
Yeah that's realistic...

We have nothing to offer to match PJ's 8M+ salary. Combining rookie contracts would be overpaying and they don't need cap flexibility either. So we have nothing of value to offer them.

We could try and get Theo Ratliff by packaging some of our expiring contracts... his salary is only $9,684,211.

·
Sincerely, Derrick Rose
3,012 Posts
I heard he is and I've been throwing his name whenever there is a thread about Bulls trade. I seriously think he will help us big time. Veteran Leadership, tough D, and is experienced in playing C. If we get PJ, Tyson can slide back to his natural position, PF. PJ is similar to AD.

I don't know if it's possible to bring him here to Chicago. But, I play around with trade possibilities and to make this happen there needs to be three teams involved. Other players I heard on the block is Corey Maggette. So, I came up with this trade scenario between the Bulls, the Hornets, and the Clips:

Bulls
---------------
Bulls trade:
Tim Thomas $13,000,000
Jannero Pargo 895,000

Bulls get:
PJ Brown $8,000,000
George Lynch expiring contract $3,200,000
Walter McCarthy 1,000,000
---------------

Hornets
-----------------
Hornets trade:
PJ Brown $8,000,000
Desmond Mason 7,000,000
George Lynch expiring contract 3,200,000
Rasual Butler 1,800,000

Hornets get:
Corey Maggette 6,700,000
Tim Thomas 13,000,000
-----------------------

Clippers
-----------------
Clippers trade:
Corey Maggette 6,700,000
Walter McCarthy 1,000,000

Clippers get:
Desmond Mason 7,000,000
Rasual Butler 1,800,000
Jannero Pargo 895,000
--------------------------

Trade Summary:
For the Bulls
Bulls trade Tim Thomas and Jannero Pargo. Bulls get PJ Brown, Lynch expiring contract, and Walter McCarthy. Basically this trade is to get PJ Brown. McCarthy is a good player to have as a third string SF. He can shoot the 3. Jannero Pargo to the Clippers is just a filler for the Clippers. This trade doesn't hurt the Bulls salary cap for Summer 2006 FA. We're still under the salary cap around 10 - 12 million dollar.

For the Hornets
Hornets trade PJ Brown, Desmond Mason, Lynch's expiring contract, and Rasual Butler. Hornets get Tim Thomas and Maggette. Tim Thomas expiring contract gives them cap space to build next year through Free Agency. They get the best player of this trade, Corey Maggette. Maggette will give the Hornets a proven scorer to help Paul, Smith, and David West.

For the Clippers
Clippers trade Maggette, Walter McCarthy. Clippers get Desmond Mason, Rasual Butler, and Jannero Pargo. Desmond Mason seems like a better fit to this Clippers team than Maggette. Mason is unselfish, good defender, can play the 3, and can score around 14 - 16 ppg. Rasual Butler is another good defender who should give the Clippers depth at SG/SF spot, Jannero Pargo is a filler, but he can help the 3 point department. One other thing is that all Mason, Butler, and Pargo is cheap. Mason's contract expire in summer 2007. Donald Sterling will love it. Summer 2007 FA market is also going to be filled with stars.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts