Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that Rafer has been heavily criticised by members of this site in the last week or two, but does anyone here think that he is a top 10 PG in the NBA?

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
Jason Kidd
Stephon Marbury
Kirk Hinrich
Chauncey Billups
Jamaal Tinsley
Steve Francis
Gilbert Arenas
Jason Terry
Jason Williams
Tony Parker
Andre Miller
Sam Cassell
Steve Nash
Mike Bibby

He has room for improvement but I don't think he's as good as any of the players listed above. He's close to guys like Tinsley, Terry, Williams and Hinrich, but I think still a notch below them.

When you look at Rafer you need to look beyond his stats, because they are misleading.

Personally I favour the pass-first shoot-last type point guard, though, so I'm probably viewing him in a bit of a negative light.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
I think he is right below being a top 10 PG.

-Petey

·
Banned
4,016 Posts
Petey said:
I think he is right below being a top 10 PG.

-Petey
I agree, to be a top 10 pg I think Skip has to be a little more consistent. Some nights hes abouslety atroshious and others he is turly a floor general for the Raptors. I'd say defiant top 15 pg in the leauge.

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
speedythief said:
Jason Kidd
Stephon Marbury
Kirk Hinrich
Chauncey Billups
Jamaal Tinsley
Steve Francis
Gilbert Arenas
Jason Terry
Jason Williams
Tony Parker
Andre Miller
Sam Cassell
Steve Nash
Mike Bibby

What about Baron Davis
Luke Ridnour
Damon Stoudamire
Lets see where Alston is after a few weeks next season, this was his first as a starter. The Raps were a little bit of a circus this year, after a full season with a head coach and a core of players that wont change during the year, Rafer will be a solid 15-10 piont guard in the league. Also having someone better than Palacio to push him will help as well.

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
billfindlay10 said:
speedythief said:
Jason Kidd
Stephon Marbury
Kirk Hinrich
Chauncey Billups
Jamaal Tinsley
Steve Francis
Gilbert Arenas
Jason Terry
Jason Williams
Tony Parker
Andre Miller
Sam Cassell
Steve Nash
Mike Bibby

What about Baron Davis
Luke Ridnour
Damon Stoudamire
Lets see where Alston is after a few weeks next season, this was his first as a starter. The Raps were a little bit of a circus this year, after a full season with a head coach and a core of players that wont change during the year, Rafer will be a solid 15-10 piont guard in the league. Also having someone better than Palacio to push him will help as well.
Yeah, I forgot about B-Diddy. I was just trying to see if I could list ten better.

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My PG ranking would be:

Steve Nash
Jason Kidd
Mike Bibby
Stephan Marbury
Gilbert Arenas
Steve Francis
Baron Davis
Tony Parker
Chauncey Billups
Jamaal Tinsley
Kirk Hinrich
Sam Cassell(Injury plagued season)
Rafer Alston

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
what happend to allen iverson? or dwayne wade?
i think brevin knight is a better PG then rafer..the guy gets like 15 assists every night

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
fruitcake said:
what happend to allen iverson? or dwayne wade?
i think brevin knight is a better PG then rafer..the guy gets like 15 assists every night
Neither of those guys would play point guard if their respective teams had decent point guards to put beside them.

As for the Keibler Elf, he's had a great season but I think Rafer has more ability and room for improvement.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts