Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is he overrated by us. I mean some moves are great VC was a amazing move and risking trading for RJ was another great move but outside of that what else has he done? Don't give me any of that stuff about how hw drafted MJ. Anyone with half a brain would have taken MJ when he was expected to go before 3rd. Trading for Kidd was another good move. This off season was a failure if our bench doesn't contribute. We had a choice between a bench and a pf so Thorn went with a bench. Also with the pf issue. Why would he go after a SAR when Stromile Swift fit our need better.We needed a Kmart type player and Stro was it. A rebounder, shotblocker, runs the break and dunks and adds youth along with athletiscm. SAR would only have helped us with rebounding and scoring. Our bench has been a total let down so far. He also wanted a obviously done Aaron Mckie who has done nothing for the Lakers. I think we should have taken Stro. Bottol line is Thorn is a good gm but we ovverate him sometimes. He also is not the best at free agency either.

·
Burned
18,772 Posts
He has made three of the greatest trades in the last 15 years.

Is he perfect? No. But he works hard and is the most competitive GM in the league.

No way he's overrated.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Stromiles putting up something like 6/6 this year

·
Registered
14,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MarionBarberThe4th said:
Stromiles putting up something like 6/6 this year

Off the bench cat. In the starting lineup that would be 15/12 with 2 blocks.

·
Yes, please.
16,648 Posts
Jazzi said:
Off the bench cat. In the starting lineup that would be 15/12 with 2 blocks.
That's pretty damn funny, cat. You do realize that if he would put up 15 and 12 starting, he would be starting.

·
Registered
14,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jmk said:
That's pretty damn funny, cat. You do realize that if he would put up 15 and 12 starting, he would be starting.

The only reason he is not starting is that Van Gundy loves Juwan Howard. Stro Show is perfect for us.

·
Registered
8,452 Posts
ghoti said:
He has made three of the greatest trades in the last 15 years.

Is he perfect? No. But he works hard and is the most competitive GM in the league.

No way he's overrated.
Agreed. However this particular offseason was not very good for him. The only player that seems like he will provide anything at all is McInnis. And it may not be that much. Thank god he picked up Zoran's option.

·
Registered
14,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thorn is horrible at free agency. He always chooses players who are done. He just likes taking risks at trades.

·
Registered
10,142 Posts
Jazzi said:
The only reason he is not starting is that Van Gundy loves Juwan Howard. Stro Show is perfect for us.
and frank loves collins. Stromile would not have started on this team. At this point, i doubt SAR would have started. Defense just collapses when collins is not on the floor.

·
Registered
14,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mjm1 said:
and frank loves collins. Stromile would not have started on this team. At this point, i doubt SAR would have started. Defense just collapses when collins is not on the floor.

That would be hot to have Stro come off the bench.

·
Registered
14,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
mjm1 said:
he would produce the same as marc jackson off the bench. although he would bring more athleticism and energy.
\

Marc Jackson doesn't provide anything. He is a letdown. At least Stro would have brought atletiscm, shotblocking, rebounding and inside scoring. I think Frank would have started Stro anyway.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
What ther GM could get you Vince for nothing? Kidd for garbage? RJ, Twin for Eddie Griffin.

Krstic at #24 ( around there) Mile in round 2
The guy knows what hes doing, wasnt his fault Twin hurt his knee and MRS. Cliffy had twins

1 - 13 of 13 Posts