Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These players used to be blamed for "too soft" or "not tough enough":
Yao Ming, Gasol, Dirk.

After that, they all improved this season.

Gasol: talking about one of the best PF you can have, have beard, " He eat your child" said a poster in this forum.
Yao Ming: The best center in NBA now. just complaint about getting no call from ref, "It is about bloody time."a poster said.
Dirk:The MVP candidate. nuff said.

Therefore, it is good to call a player soft, call it at will, please.

·
Premium Member
21,860 Posts
Why are you still allowed to post?

And no, soft isn't always bad if you can compensate.

·
Registered
10,010 Posts
Yao Chairman said:
These players used to be blamed for "too soft" or "not tough enough":
Yao Ming, Gasol, Dirk.

After that, they all improved this season.

Gasol: talking about one of the best PF you can have, have beard, " He eat your child" said a poster in this forum.
Yao Ming: The best center in NBA now. just complaint about getting no call from ref, "It is about bloody time."a poster said.
Dirk:The MVP candidate. nuff said.

Therefore, it is good to call a player soft, call it at will, please.
This is a man's game, and men play hard and tough basketball. Being soft is not a good thing! In fact being soft is a nice way of calling someone a B****.
The reason the three players you mentioned are gaining reckognition as better ballers is because they've shown some toughness this season. From what I've seen, Ming has improved tremendously in that area. Haven't seen much of Dirk and Gasol outside of highlight, but they seem to have stepped up their toughness as well.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Gasol was never soft. dude has been a beast since his rookie season...i dont know why he has that stigma...wait...i know why. he is the PF i would look to start my franchise with after tim duncan and amare...yes, even over KG. Gasol doesn't put up the stats KG does...but in my opinion he is a tougher player and can lead a team better. look at his teammates. they weren't expected to even make the playoffs (i knew better though) while some ppl were saying minny had a decent squad and garnett wont allow them to miss it again...plz. and im glad Yao is finally playing like a beast. he is actually tking it to ppl and getting calls. he WAS a soft player though. and dirk is still soft. dont let the record fool you. back when they had the best record in the league he was soft...and he is still soft. any 7 footer who can't back a 6'7 guy down is soft

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
If this were the 1980s, soft would be all right but not now. There is way too much body contact to play soft. Unless you are freakishly tall or can nail 3s non-stop, being soft will get you on the bench or even off the team.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.