Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
Yes it is. All you would have to do is watch want happened last night in the 4th to see why he needs to go.

Lucky for us he is actually a good PG and we should be able to get a decent SG for him. PGs in the NBA are more needed than decent SGs.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Pan Mengtu said:
2 questions:

1) Do you want Francis traded, and what for?

2) More importantly, do you think the Magic want him traded? Why or why not?

1 - Yes. A younger, taller, athletic SG with good defense.

2 - Probably at this point. I think the plan was to eventually try Francis at SG and if it doesn't work out, move him. Well, it ain't working out. I always had the feeling that when this deal was done, the Magic were acquiring "assets" rather than players they wanted long-term.

·
Premium Member
100,045 Posts
Pan Mengtu said:
2 questions:

1. Yes, whatever we can get at this point. The best talent to use as pieces around Howard and Nelson for the future. Ideally I'd like a young shooting guard, but I wouldn't mind trading him for a high pick in this year's draft to a team with cap space (Atlanta) if they'd do it.

2. Yes, I've read several things saying the Magic are going to at least explore that option this summer. Quite simply, because he doesn't listen to anybody, he dominates the ball and turns it over too much and can't play shooting guard.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Francis should be traded, no doubt about that...He is uncoachable, terrible personality...Earlier in his career everyone was telling that he was young and would be better, but he have spent enough time in the league and his selfish behavior just makes me mad sometime...
Since Shaq have gone we never had a chance to go far in playoffs...always praying at least reach them...I am tired of it, it is time to make changes and there are good possibilities...We have great young players in Nelson, Howard and Hedo, veterans-Hill and Battie. If we trade "Steve-O", Cato and Garrity for some quality players and have a lucky draft choises then there could be built smth.

·
Registered
27 Posts
definetly he has to be traded. the only problem is that evwerybody in the league knows what we know. he is a cancer in the team. he is talented but uncoacable by all means. so good luck to us all to find any takers.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Pan Mengtu said:
2 questions:

1.) Yes. The most probable situation I see is a deal with the Clippers. They want to unload Maggette and Wilcox, so a Francis for Maggette/Wilcox swap would make a lot of sense for both teams. Another deal that is actually my personal favorite is a trade with New Orleans if they end up landing Bogut. The deal boils down to Francis, Garrity, and Hunter for Magloire, Claxton, Lynch, and Lampe.

2.) Yes, I think the Magic will trade Francis. Weisbrod has shown that he will pull the trigger often, and I expect some changes this offseason.

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
Pan Mengtu said:
2 questions:

1- Yes god he's been so annoying lately, trade him for a good shooting guard or a high pick and a good role playing SG.

2- Yes the Magic want him traded, he's becoming a problem for the orginization and his stock is droping.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts