Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
I think there is not a conspiracy to hold Yao Ming down. Nevertheless, I support your mission to get people to believe that there is one.

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
i thought the same thing that the nba refs slaughter yao but never call anything on shaq

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SeaNet said:
I think there is not a conspiracy to hold Yao Ming down. Nevertheless, I support your mission to get people to believe that there is one.
Thanks.

Maybe Bob Sura is part of it too, because he absolutely refuses to pass to yao.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
UPDATE: Motive created.

As China grows on its path to eventual superpower status, the US government is concerned. With China also beginning to dominate sports, the US' stronghold, as in the Olympics of 04, they are even more worried. What better way to crush China's rise in sports than by demolishing Yao Ming, the very symbol of this success. And since NBA Officials are CIA agents, they can receive orders from the government and directly impact his on-court production.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
sherwin said:
UPDATE: Motive created.

As China grows on its path to eventual superpower status, the US government is concerned. With China also beginning to dominate sports, the US' stronghold, as in the Olympics of 04, they are even more worried. What better way to crush China's rise in sports than by demolishing Yao Ming, the very symbol of this success.

I thought it was Kobe?

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
sherwin said:
Thanks.

Maybe Bob Sura is part of it too, because he absolutely refuses to pass to yao.
But on a more serious note, when I've watched Houston play (not that often), I've often felt that Yao lacks the upper body strength to straighten up his back and make himself a bigger target. He often seems bent over from the pressure in his back by the defender. Even though he's 7-5 he ends up being a surprisingly small target in the post. FOr those that watch Houston more often, is this something you've noticed as well? Or do you feel I am off base?

·
Registered
258 Posts
SeaNet said:
But on a more serious note, when I've watched Houston play (not that often), I've often felt that Yao lacks the upper body strength to straighten up his back and make himself a bigger target. He often seems bent over from the pressure in his back by the defender. Even though he's 7-5 he ends up being a surprisingly small target in the post. FOr those that watch Houston more often, is this something you've noticed as well? Or do you feel I am off base?
You have a good point

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
Malnutritious and jaja... thank you both, sirs. :biggrin:

·
MVP
8,996 Posts
SeaNet said:
Yao has to squat to keep his defender behind him and to gather power to push for deeper positioning in the post. Shaq never had this problem because of his height:weight ratio. You can't expect a 7'6 guy to backup into the post on a 6'11 guy without squatting. Eventually he straightens up, but by then Bob Sura is dribbling towards McGrady or the Rockets have already swung the ball the other way. When he does stand up in the post, only McGrady or Howard will recognize him. The rest of the Rockets just aren't good at feeding Yao.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
NO WAY IS THERE A CONSPIRACY AGAINST YAO!!! ALL THE LAKERS FANS SAY THAT EVERY NBA CONSPIRACY HAS KOBE BEHIND IT!!! unless...its kobe who...nevermind

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Krstic in 3 years>Yao.

You heard it here first.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts