Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the trades over the last few years, many draft picks have been transfered from team to team. Some teams owe a future pick here or there...

Is there a web site which shows what picks have been moved and when they have to be given?

I know some teams have protected picks from other teams and sometimes the protection is different than others. Sometimes the picks is top 3 protected or lottery protected...

I have not been able to definitively find out what picks the Mavericks have or owe. I know they received a 1st rounder from Atlanta in the Walker trade but what are the details of that pick. I believe that the Mavericks also have traded a couple of thier first round picks. Do they have a 1st or 2nd round pick this year? Where can I find this information?

·
I never slice.
2,282 Posts
mavsman said:
With all the trades over the last few years, many draft picks have been transfered from team to team. Some teams owe a future pick here or there...

Is there a web site which shows what picks have been moved and when they have to be given?
I maintain this site with a couple of other guys who have no life. Click on the 2005 link under "Transactions involving draft picks".

Please let me know if you find anything to be inaccurate.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kneepad said:
I maintain this site with a couple of other guys who have no life. Click on the 2005 link under "Transactions involving draft picks".

Please let me know if you find anything to be inaccurate.
Thanks for the info. It was useful. It would be nice if we had the details of some of the draft choices. When they are protected picks what are the details of the protection and such. Maybe the teams don't let that information out.

You guys have done a good job with this site.

·
I never slice.
2,282 Posts
mavsman said:
It would be nice if we had the details of some of the draft choices. When they are protected picks what are the details of the protection and such. Maybe the teams don't let that information out.
Very often such grisly details are not reported. Whether that's because teams don't release it or because the media deems it unimportant/uninteresting I don't know. But in cases we've been able to determine the conditions and/or protections and such of draft picks, it is noted on the site.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts