Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after being awarded the player of the year for college, i cant see anyone esle being drafted ahead of him.
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/news;...A--?slug=ap-playeroftheyear&prov=ap&type=lgns

bogut is 7 foot and the most consistant player of the year in college. he dominated the college level averaging 20 and 12.leading his team to the sweet sixteen. he can obviously rebound and score but what impressed me the most was during the game against oklahoma is that when they all collapased on the kid he was able to pass the ball to the open man and get this teamates involved-he finished with 7 assists i believe.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
it's possible. I mean there is a lot of time from now till draft day

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Probably only if North Carolina wins the National Title... and someone like New Orleans subsequently get the #1 pick, who already has a good center.

I don't think anyone can in good faith take the '6"0 Paul over Bogut, so it all relies on Williams.

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
The only man reason I could see Bogut falling from number one right now would either be an injury or a guy like Williams just exploding this weekend and at the draft camps.

·
Welcome to the Grindhouse!
19,803 Posts
Bogut will not go #1 if Marvin Williams comes out. I would take a few more players over him but that is just me.

·
Wolves Enthusiast
6,038 Posts
There is no doubt that if atl has the #1 pick that he will be taken first. I can still see the hornets taking him because he can play PF too. Magloire and bogut on the same front line??? Unbelievable.... Then when jamal gets hurt again, bogut can play center.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Everyone knows how I feel about Bogut...

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I'm high on Bogut, I don't see anyone else going #1. I just hope he stays good, I had a vision of him turning out to be a bust....

·
Registered
17,279 Posts
I think the Bobcats would take Marvin Williams #1 overall even though they probably shouldn't. I think a front line of Okafor and Bogut could win numerous division and conference titles in the future. Williams is probably the only justifiable pick over Bogut at this point though.

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
I think Marvin Williams will be a good player but I'm not high enough on him to pass on 7 foot center who's aggresive, can shoot, and pass. If I was Charlotte I would be salivating at at a Bogut/Okafor lineup for the next ten years.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Bogut should be the #1 pick based on what Ive heard but I havnt seen him enough. I think that he will definitely go #1 because I doubt hell work out much/at all. Only way as previously stated would be if Marvin Williams or Taft out of Pitt had AMAZING workouts and M.Will i doubt will workout and Taft just isnt as good in my opinion.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Nimreitz said:
I think a front line of Okafor and Bogut could win numerous division and conference titles in the future.
Not as long as there is a Shaq and Wade duo.

But I could see Bogut landing in Charlotte...so long as Okafor is there to do the dirty work inside, Bogut should do well; and Charlotte needs everything right now, so it's not like they'd be passing up a big need.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Yeah, there is some doubt, it's not that much of a lock really.

Right now though Bogut is #1. Not by a whole lot. Marvin Williams, Ray Felton, Deron Williams are closing in.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Er... I thought that Charlotte couldn't get the #1 pick? So Bogut ending up there is an impossibility unless he goes #2 or later.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Greg Ostertag! said:
Er... I thought that Charlotte couldn't get the #1 pick? So Bogut ending up there is an impossibility unless he goes #2 or later.
Incorrect.

That was true for Toronto and Vancouver, but not for Charlotte.

If I'm Charlotte, though, I would try to balance out the roster and take a wing or guard.

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
Yes, his name is Marvin Williams. Otherwise, I don't think there is.

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
Yup, Marvin Williams. A mix between Amare Stoudemire and Lamar Odom, and I have a feeling he could be better than both.

·
Registered
515 Posts
EHL said:
Yup, Marvin Williams. A mix between Amare Stoudemire and Lamar Odom, and I have a feeling he could be better than both.
So you have a feeling he'll be an MVP in the future. If he's going to better than Stoudemire (in his 3rd year) he would be the biggest MVP candidate since Amare is almoust All-NBA 2nd team lock.

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
It's still really early for anyone to tell now. In a few months after the NBA Finals we will know more players declaring and what the situation is with the high schoolers and everything will be much more clear by then. At the moment however, Bogut is probably the number one pick for most teams.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts