Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Really if ATL lands a top 3 pick, outside of Okafor and Howard everyone else looks not so promising. :dead: I'm assuming Deng doesn't declare, Pavel is a stiff, and Smith has no J.

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
Originally posted by <b>JarvisHayes24</b>!
Really if ATL lands a top 3 pick, outside of Okafor and Howard everyone else looks not so promising. :dead: I'm assuming Deng doesn't declare, Pavel is a stiff, and Smith has no J.
There is a lot of potential in this draft. Pavel could be awesome, or could be a bust. Gordon, Nelson, and Warrick will all likely be solid contributors next year. Today's drafts are all about potential and little polish.

There are some other intriguing big men for this year, such as Ha-Seung Jin, Ivan Chiriaev, and LaMarcus Aldridge. We may also see the first (maybe the first 2) true HS PG drafted - Livingston and Telfair.

You want a bad draft, check out 2000. This year is not extremely deep, but I don't think it will be terrible either.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK but if you have the worst record in the league and get the #3 job.... wow, what a screwjob. I think if Howard or Okafor weren't there, I would go with Gordon

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
The kid (al jefferson) is supposed to be really good ey? I havent seen him play, but i hear he isa better prospect than Josh Howard, is that true?

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
Originally posted by <b>shazha</b>!
The kid (al jefferson) is supposed to be really good ey? I havent seen him play, but i hear he isa better prospect than Josh Howard, is that true?
Well its kind of hard to compare the two, but big Al may be better. He may be Elton Brand or Tractor Traylor. It will be interesting to see what he can do in the league.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Al is better than traylor and brand combined. He has range out to the 3 point line. Thats impressive for a guy his size.

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
Originally posted by <b>sonny22</b>!
Al is better than traylor and brand combined. He has range out to the 3 point line. Thats impressive for a guy his size.
I'll wait to see him in the league before I say he's better than Elton Brand.

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
17,071 Posts
Don't be hating on Ben Gordon-He will be good- it's jus tthe combo-guardness that is going to hurt him

·
Registered
11,876 Posts
don't underrate pavel. he's likely going to be a highly valued draft pick. putting him through some full workouts, GMs may discern that he's worth the number 1. we don't really know at this point, having only seen his impressive demonstration before the 2003 draft.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Originally posted by <b>SkywalkerAC</b>!
don't underrate pavel. he's likely going to be a highly valued draft pick. putting him through some full workouts, GMs may discern that he's worth the number 1. we don't really know at this point, having only seen his impressive demonstration before the 2003 draft.
hmmm i dunno about that skywalker, some reports of guys who regularly watch euro games, simply state that pavel even though hes getting a lack of minutes, looks pretty stiff out there.

They also say hes gotten alot better than last year, but still looks like a stiff. I know he blew away the competition at the chicago pre draft workouts, but he was up against a player much smaller than him.

I dont know why pavel decided to wait till this year, i dont think he will be lottery, like he was hyped up to be last year. Its one of those players that really could go either way, he could work hard and really dominate.

Or his pituatary gland problem could arise again. Hard to say because no ones really seen much of him. He seems to have the tools though, and size.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.