Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I'm posting, Atlanta is losing 48-32 to a Hornets team that is playing without PJ Brown and without JR Smith.

:dead:

Help.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The team a year ago..

PG Tyronn Lue
SG Josh Childress
SF Al Harrington
PF Antoine Walker
C Jason Collier

Maybe should have held on to Walker?

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh, damn. Salim bringing us back. Cut the deficit down to 6 points with a minute left. Too little to late it looks like. 27 points for Salim, so far. 10 for 13 from the field.

·
Rest In Peace girllovesthegame
6,253 Posts
My nerves are shot!!!!!!!!! I couldn't see the game but I'm on the phone with someone looking at it and my nerves were bad! It's over! Hornets win!

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HAHA! WTF! Hawks almost won it.

They were down by 2 with 30 seconds left. Joe had a good look, didn't fall. Zaza got the rebound but it was knocked out of his hand. Then Salim hits a 3 pointer to bring it back down to one. Oh man. Crazy finish. What a comeback. They were down by 26, but still lost. :(

Salim exploded. 30 points.

·
Rest In Peace girllovesthegame
6,253 Posts
TheATLien said:
HAHA! WTF! Hawks almost won it.

They were down by 2 with 30 seconds left. Joe had a good look, didn't fall. Zaza got the rebound but it was knocked out of his hand. Then Salim hits a 3 pointer to bring it back down to one. Oh man. Crazy finish. What a comeback. They were down by 26, but still lost. :(

Salim exploded. 30 points.
HAHA! Key word "almost". :biggrin:

But seriously, Salim was a beast tonight!!! Maybe if he plays like that the next game, they might win. I wish I could have seen that game.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
TheATLien said:
Maybe should have held on to Walker?
umm... no

Btw how'd you watch this game? I can't find WPXA anywhere.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
TheATLien said:
So, um, yeah. This team sucks ALOT.
I think they got good young players. Just need an athletic big man to the puzzle.

but right now I think they need to find some confidence.

·
#1 Al Horford Fan
1,260 Posts
I know it's probably been brought up a million times, but don't you guys wish you had a true floor general in Paul right now instead of that career back up Lue running things? Marvin Williams may turn out to be an absolute stud, but Chris Paul is a bonafide franchise PG.

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Its the giving off of first round draft picks in trades that has killed the Hawks in the past. Remember the trade for Lorenzen Wright gave the Clippers 2 first rounders which one of those picks was lottery in 2002 and the other was mid first round in 2000.

These are the picks given off to get Johnson to the Hawks:

"That pick which is "lottery" protected (1-14) in 2006, has protection through No. 3 in 2007 and has no protection in 2008. In addition the Suns will also receive a conditional first round pick via either the Los Angeles Lakers or Boston Celtics from an earlier trade between Boston and Atlanta. The Laker pick which is subject to protection through No. 10 in 2006, protection through No. 5 in draft years 2007-2010 and unconditional in 2011, is owed to Boston from yet another previous trade. In the year that the Laker pick is conveyed to Boston, Phoenix will receive the least favorable of Boston's own pick or the Laker pick."

It is their own pick that worries me. Not for the 2006 draft, but a marginal improvement in 2007 with the young guys development could see a high lottery pick going to the Suns.Not sure how this helps the Hawks even with Joe Johnson.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts