Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One dilema facing Thorn is if he makes a move to help the team now does he blow an opportunity to acquire KG later? Will he move players that need to be included for KG like MJax or Zoran? Whoever he acquires will not be tradeable for 60 days. Just wanted to throw it out there for debate.

I would just make the move to improve the team however I can and not depend on KG being available.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,532 Posts
Netted- said:
One dilema facing Thorn is if he makes a move to help the team now does he blow an opportunity to acquire KG later? Will he move players that need to be included for KG like MJax or Zoran? Whoever he acquires will not be tradeable for 60 days. Just wanted to throw it out there for debate.

I would just make the move to improve the team however I can and not depend on KG being available.
I believe VC's salary is 75% of KG's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rundmc00 said:
I believe VC's salary is 75% of KG's.
And? I mean the parts that surround a trade. We know it would have to be someone like VC plus others.

Thorn would also need the picks. Which he would need in almost any deal to help the team.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,532 Posts
Netted- said:
And? I mean the parts that surround a trade. We know it would have to be someone like VC plus others.

Thorn would also need the picks. Which he would need in almost any deal to help the team.
My point was MJax and JMac are irrelevant. The other parts would be from RJ, Krstic, Ilic, 2 #1 picks, Wright.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rundmc00 said:
My point was MJax and JMac are irrelevant. The other parts would be from RJ, Krstic, Ilic, 2 #1 picks, Wright.
My point was that I listed Mjax and Zoran as examples of trading chips to help the team now. It would most likely cost the team a #1 pick too. Would one of those assets, player(s) or pick(s), cost the Nets the ability to do a KG trade?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
58,028 Posts
I don't think it's Thorn that is waiting, but other teams. 8 games into a season, alot of teams have to beleive they are still in 'it'.

-Petey
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Petey said:
I don't think it's Thorn that is waiting, but other teams. 8 games into a season, alot of teams have to beleive they are still in 'it'.

-Petey
I guess I mean will he try to do something over the next month or wait and hold onto his assets for hope that KG will be available later in the season? It would most likely cost the Nets at least a #1 pick and either Zoran or Wright to do something in the near future.

I say fix it sooner rather than later if something presents itself. Who knows what will happen with KG.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,842 Posts
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllllllllllll No :boohoo:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,856 Posts
Rj. Mjax, cliff, zoran, 2 first rounders... hows that sound?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
VC_15 said:
Rj. Mjax, cliff, zoran, 2 first rounders... hows that sound?
That's not the subject. This thread is about whether or not Thorn should use one of those picks and Zoran or Wright for a trade in the near future or wait a couple months and possibly use those chips towards a KG trade.

Besides it's not enough salary. RJ only counts as $5mm in a trade. He's BYC.
 

·
Legal Smeagol
Joined
·
30,760 Posts
Three-team trade anyone? There'd have to be a bunch of bits and pieces floating through to make anything realistic work for KG.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,856 Posts
Netted- said:
That's not the subject. This thread is about whether or not Thorn should use one of those picks and Zoran or Wright for a trade in the near future or wait a couple months and possibly use those chips towards a KG trade.

Besides it's not enough salary. RJ only counts as $5mm in a trade. He's BYC.

i know it's not the subject, i just asked the question to see if salary works out. Thnx you have answered it.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top