Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

do u think he is

  • yes

    Votes: 17 29.8%
  • no

    Votes: 40 70.2%
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we have all seen him disable teams and brake there zones but do you think he does it the best and do you think he is the quickest
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
721 Posts
:clap:

I do believe so, but I'm a biased Spurs fan I guess, but he's just so fast! Him and Boykins are definitely up there in the fastest players in the league, but, since I'm a Spurs fan, I'll say Parker is the fastest in the NBA with a few players not far behind.

He's almost unstoppable in the paint with his layups and floaters.
 
Joined
·
11,213 Posts
Nephets said:
:clap:

I do believe so, but I'm a biased Spurs fan I guess, but he's just so fast! Him and Boykins are definitely up there in the fastest players in the league, but, since I'm a Spurs fan, I'll say Parker is the fastest in the NBA with a few players not far behind.

He's almost unstoppable in the paint with his layups and floaters.
Yeah. Gada be either Boykins or Tony
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
652 Posts
I gotta bring up Wade

If he is not as quick as Tony Parker maybe it just seems that way because he finishes so well, and therefore the play sticks in my mind (including the ankle breakage/quickness).


Also, Keyon Dooling is ridiculously quick. Look at his play against Jameer Nelson from a week or two ago.


Obviously, the Heat is the team that I watch 99% of the time, so I am presenting Heat players.
 
Joined
·
11,213 Posts
BigWill33176 said:
I gotta bring up Wade

If he is not as quick as Tony Parker maybe it just seems that way because he finishes so well, and therefore the play sticks in my mind (including the ankle breakage/quickness).


Also, Keyon Dooling is ridiculously quick. Look at his play against Jameer Nelson from a week or two ago.


Obviously, the Heat is the team that I watch 99% of the time, so I am presenting Heat players.
lol. Biasness is why I voted yes :biggrin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,081 Posts
Marcus Banks is quicker than Tony Parker - not by much, but he is quicker


he's just a freak athlete. Anyone who saw his monster block on Hunter during the Phoenix game a few weeks ago knows exactly what I am talking about.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,472 Posts
I don't think there will ever be a real way to settle this argument so I will also opt for personal bias and choose Tony Parker. :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
100,045 Posts
Parker's up there, but I think Banks is the quickest. You have to put Barbosa up there too, nobody's mentioned him but he's ridiculously quick.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,809 Posts
I'll judge players that I have seen in person multiple times to make a fair assessment.

I found Wade as fast as Iverson (shocked when I saw that) and Telfair clearly faster than either one of them. I've seens players come close to Telfair but from those I saw in person, I can't easily (if it all) think of one I believed was faster.
 

·
Jedi/Sith Hybrid
Joined
·
1,455 Posts
KokoTheMonkey said:
Personal bias as well, but Parker is quicker than Banks IMO.



Iverson should definitely be mentioned on this topic.
I'm glad you did bring AI up Koko...he may be 30 but in the open court and around screens I still think he's faster than any player out there...having said that Wade, Banks, Parker,Boykins and Telfair are also right up there but Iverson's burst of acceleration is just unreal...Just my opinion, even though he has slowed down over the years. At his athletic peak ( which I believe he's still in) AI was the greatest combination of pure speed and agility that the game of basketball, not just the league, has probably ever seen.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,278 Posts
Max Payne said:
I'm glad you did bring AI up Koko...he may be 30 but in the open court and around screens I still think he's faster than any player out there...having said that Wade, Banks, Parker,Boykins and Telfair are also right up there but Iverson's burst of acceleration is just unreal...Just my opinion, even though he has slowed down over the years. At his athletic peak ( which I believe he's still in) AI was the greatest combination of pure speed and agility that the game of basketball, not just the league, has probably ever seen.
Agreed. I still think Iverson is the quickest player in the NBA right now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,824 Posts
Max Payne said:
I'm glad you did bring AI up Koko...he may be 30 but in the open court and around screens I still think he's faster than any player out there...having said that Wade, Banks, Parker,Boykins and Telfair are also right up there but Iverson's burst of acceleration is just unreal...Just my opinion, even though he has slowed down over the years. At his athletic peak ( which I believe he's still in) AI was the greatest combination of pure speed and agility that the game of basketball, not just the league, has probably ever seen.
I also agree, and this post pretty much sums it all up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,418 Posts
Tony with the ball in the open court is a blur.

AI is the same, maybe a step slower but he can finish better than Tony. AI is an amazing athlete.
 

·
Elite Member
Joined
·
15,161 Posts
Marcus Banks is probably the quickest player in the NBA, especially laterally. Tony isn't as quick as he is fast, they're two different things.
 
1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Top