Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Without Harpring they've been struggling to score at all. Are they basically eliminated from the playoff hunt if they keep this up?

·
Incognasho
4,061 Posts
They'll stay real competitive and win some more games, but if you ever watch them, you just have to wonder where the offense is going to come from.. I mean Kirilenko gets his 15-16 a game, but he's not an offensive player.. their best player on offense is probably Carlos Arroyo, and with Harpring out and some of the other western teams playing as strong as ever, I just don't see how they could realistically get in..

They're still a good story.. they're a good ball club with a bunch of CBA and NBDL scrubs and late first round or second round draft picks..

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Worst loss of the year for the Jazz, but they are not dead yet.

They won't be in the playoffs, but they are not going to roll over and let teams walk all over them. They will manage 36 wins or so, which is an amazing achievement.

Sadly, that may see them slip to 3rd or even 2nd last in the West. There's no justice.

·
Registered
303 Posts
no point in missing the playoffs just barely though, they'll get a bad lottery pick... well i hope they DO make it and if not luck out with the balls!

·
Welcome to the Grindhouse!
19,803 Posts
Utah will not make the playoffs due to Harpring's injury. What is going to shock everyone on this board however is...the Denver Nuggets will also miss the playoffs this season due to their post ASB schedule being the most brutal thing I have ever seen.

·
Registered
10,047 Posts
Didn't I post here?

Well, they won't be out for quite a while. Even PHX and Portland won't be totally out for some time.

Utah, of course, has a good coach and team concept, but you need players. Memphis definitely has more to work with, and Seattle has a stacked perimeter group, even with no reliable bigs.

Memphis is in a better position to lock the playoffs than Utah. Isn't that weird?

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
Utah might not make the playoffs but will not be in the lottery, Jerry Sloan is a genius at coaching so I think they will have a .500 record atleast.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yeah, I've been a Utah fan since last summer, and they've done great at proving me right.

Harp out for the year still hurts, and part of me likes the competitive team they turned out to be, but they won't get a great pick in the Draft next year, unfortunately. I was hoping for someone like Ben Gordan, Okafur.. someone who can generate the hype for a small market like Carmelo Anthony started last year in Denver. Who knows though, with the lottery. They still have a chance.

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Air McNair 09</b>!
Utah might not make the playoffs but will not be in the lottery

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
W/out Harpring, I doubt they'll make the playoffs. If they do, Sloan should be instantly enshrined in the Hall.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Air McNair 09</b>!
Utah might not make the playoffs but will not be in the lottery, Jerry Sloan is a genius at coaching so I think they will have a .500 record atleast.
= utah might not be in the playoffs but will be in the playoffs ?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts