Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7,809 Posts
Originally posted by <b>futuristxen</b>!
I'd like to get either Abdur Rahim or Jamison plus a little filler maybe.
I share the same viewpoint. But if Z does in fact leave, I'd rather see Jamison than AR because Jamison seems more of a 3 to me (while Shareef can easily swing over).

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Originally posted by <b>remy23</b>!

I share the same viewpoint. But if Z does in fact leave, I'd rather see Jamison than AR because Jamison seems more of a 3 to me (while Shareef can easily swing over).
Yeah I've been warming more and more to the idea of getting Jamison. The more I think about it the more I think he could be the perfect fit.

I don't think Abdur-Rahim can score as well as Jamison without having plays run for him. That's what I really admire about Jamison. He can finish around the basket(something Z has trouble doing) and he is really good at getting loose balls and offensive rebounds.

Also I just really like the idea of keeping Lebron up at the 2. And Jamison loves to post up small 3's or 2's. So that would keep teams from playing lebron with a 3 when we start posting lebron.

I think it would force them to play Lebron with 2's. And there's not really a 2 in the league who is physically on Lebron's level if Lebron got on the block.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
I'll say this though, I liked the Ricky Davis trade, I understood the Miles trade...but if they trade Z for more role players I will go insane.

Z should net a near all-star level player. That's the bottom line. You don't just give away centers of his skill for crap. I know he doesn't fit in Cleveland. But the Cavs can play with him for as long as it takes to find a good deal. They are dealing him from a position of power. It's not like they can't use the extra scoring and post presence right now.

So it better be somebody like Jamison.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I would love to trade Z for Jamison except for the fact that Jamison has a huge contract. He still has 4 years and 67 million left on it. He's not good enough to pay close to 17 mil a year to. Plus if you have him on the payroll it pretty much means there won't be enough money to pay him plus LeBron, Booz, and Wagner when their contracts are up.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
I'll say this though, I liked the Ricky Davis trade, I understood the Miles trade...but if they trade Z for more role players I will go insane.

Z should net a near all-star level player. That's the bottom line. You don't just give away centers of his skill for crap. I know he doesn't fit in Cleveland. But the Cavs can play with him for as long as it takes to find a good deal. They are dealing him from a position of power. It's not like they can't use the extra scoring and post presence right now.

So it better be somebody like Jamison.
Z is hurt/injuried alot. Although he is extremely talented. But a near all-star player for him is asking alot. What playoff team would gamble like that unless they have alot of other weapons?

With that, Jamison would seem like a fit, if the Mavs wanted Z. But don't know about the Hawks. They are already a poor team. What if they traded one of their more durable players like Shareef for Z, and Z went down? They would be more then horrible for the duration of Z's contract (the next 2 years).

-Petey

-Petey

·
Registered
995 Posts
Well heres a trade that works, one of the reasons z has some value is his huge contract that comes off the books next season. This trade involes Atlanta since reef wants out. Cleveland send z to atlanta, atlanta sends reef to Dallas and Dallas sends Jamison and a filler to Cleveland. Draft picks could also be thrown in for Atlanta. Although it doesnt make much sense for Dallas since they already have a billion forwards and they would be essentially trading a forward for a forward.. Also reef comes off the books next season anyway so I guess they would be doing it for draft picks.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Z belongs in Wine and Gold

I am on the side of keeping Z. He is not the fly swatter that everyone wants him to be and will never be Theo Ratliff down low. However, he can create match up problems against many teams in the East. The Cavs have done a good job to build a solid bench in the post with Battie and Diop (Who thinks he has Chuck Person range for some resaon).

Even with the the addition of Jeff Mc. the cavs still need to look for a #1 lead guard.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Petey</b>!

Z is hurt/injuried alot. Although he is extremely talented. But a near all-star player for him is asking alot. What playoff team would gamble like that unless they have alot of other weapons?

With that, Jamison would seem like a fit, if the Mavs wanted Z. But don't know about the Hawks. They are already a poor team. What if they traded one of their more durable players like Shareef for Z, and Z went down? They would be more then horrible for the duration of Z's contract (the next 2 years).

-Petey

-Petey
He's been healthy for like two years now. He gets injured less than Penny Hardaway and he's a center.

If you're dallas he would be the perfect guy to add to the team. He does rebound and block shots. And he can dominate Divac and give trouble to Shaq with his offense. He's the best guy they could get to fill their hole in the middle.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts

He's been healthy for like two years now. He gets injured less than Penny Hardaway and he's a center.

If you're dallas he would be the perfect guy to add to the team. He does rebound and block shots. And he can dominate Divac and give trouble to Shaq with his offense. He's the best guy they could get to fill their hole in the middle.
He may get injuried less then Penny, but the Knicks took on Penny to get Marbury. You trading off Z's bad contract with LeBron?

-Petey

·
Registered
995 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Petey</b>!

He may get injuried less then Penny, but the Knicks took on Penny to get Marbury. You trading off Z's bad contract with LeBron?

-Petey
Z's contract ends next season.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
I'd rather give Z away than keep him. To get ANYONE that is pretty good, and who doesnt cause team problems would be a huge plus in my mind.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Originally posted by <b>TyGuy</b>!
Z's contract ends next season.
I realize that. But Z's contract is still a max contract... and that is a good thing for a guy of his durability?

-Petey

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
I was wrong about trading Z for Jamison...that was a bad idea...because i didnt know quite how much he was making

but my overall reasoning for trading Z (to build onto your young core) was completely correct. I got reamed for my idea of trading Z.

Now I'd bet youd trade him for Greg Ostertag. Anything so you have the money to match on Carlos Boozer. Otherwise you just lost your 2nd best player and future all-star. Nice.

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Cleveland Browns</b>!

I would rather have Z on the team right now..over some liar..with NO integrity. :yes:
this is business

Boozer's statements (he will stay) was based on what his market value was.

It went way up..nobody would turn that offer down.

Trade Z Match Booz :yes:

sign and trade for Stevenson and send Cato for Z?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts