Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Game is saturday. I will take my Clones only because they are playing at home. We can't win a road game for nothing. Even against horrible teams......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,045 Posts
KU by 18.
 

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
Joined
·
9,583 Posts
Originally posted by <b>VincentVega</b>!
KU by 18.
Bold statement

I think it will be a lot closer than that. I say Kansas will win, but no more than 8 points.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
736 Posts
Originally posted by <b>VincentVega</b>!
KU by 18.
yeah right. ku couldn't blow anyone out if their life depended on it. i say by about 7 ot 8, which is really quite the margin these days.
 

·
The Bilson = Jayhawk Love
Joined
·
6,884 Posts
can't blow anyone out? Um the Colorado game?



ku wins by 5
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,045 Posts
Originally posted by <b>VincentVega</b>!
KU by 18.
Woops.

Congrats, ISU.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,045 Posts
Curtis Stinson may be 30 years old, and he might travel on every other play, but the man can absolutely ball.

Apparently nobody besides Keith Langford made the trip for KU today.
 

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
Joined
·
9,583 Posts
tough game. I feel HIlton is maybe the second hardest arena in Big 12 that is hard to beat the home team in
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,590 Posts
Originally posted by <b>kansasalumn</b>!
tough game. I feel HIlton is maybe the second hardest arena in Big 12 that is hard to beat the home team in
I'd say it's 3rd at best, behind OSU and KU...and before this year OU would probably be 3, they won like 45 in a row at home...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,327 Posts
While KU, OU and OSU may have better records than ISU at home (I'm assuming this. I have no facts on this, though), they also have more talent. Compare ISU at home to ISU on the road and do the same with those other teams and my bet is they perform better at home by a larger margin than the other teams, which in my book would make that a harder place to play.

Oh, and ISU beat Mizzou in Ames, but Mizzou's gonna beat KU in Lawrence on Monday, so obviously ISU's home court advantage is greater:D .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
736 Posts
Originally posted by <b>pharcyde</b>!
While KU, OU and OSU may have better records than ISU at home (I'm assuming this. I have no facts on this, though), they also have more talent. Compare ISU at home to ISU on the road and do the same with those other teams and my bet is they perform better at home by a larger margin than the other teams, which in my book would make that a harder place to play.

Oh, and ISU beat Mizzou in Ames, but Mizzou's gonna beat KU in Lawrence on Monday, so obviously ISU's home court advantage is greater:D .
pharcyde that's crap. ku may suck. the big 12 sucks. but i don't think mu will play to their potential as much as ku will. ku will be pretty embarrassed and actually play well i think, and i doubt that the tigers are strong enough inside to guard simien and co. face it dude, the tigers suck, even wiithin the godawdfu bug 12
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,327 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ill subliminal</b>!


pharcyde that's crap. ku may suck. the big 12 sucks. but i don't think mu will play to their potential as much as ku will. ku will be pretty embarrassed and actually play well i think, and i doubt that the tigers are strong enough inside to guard simien and co. face it dude, the tigers suck, even wiithin the godawdfu bug 12
First of all, I don't think the Big XII is really all that bad. College basketball as a whole seems to be a bit down this year.

Secondly, KU has exactly one strong post player. There is no "and co." with KU right now.

Third, predicting a KU win based on a loss in the previous game, assuming they'll be embarassed, is about as valid as me saying Mizzou will win because they've had an embarassing season.

Fourth, how exactly do you think KU plans on stopping Paulding and his patented 3-12 shooting streaks? Clearly he's a better player than Langford or anyone else on the KU roster.

Fifth, even while sitting on the bench in a suit (and no, Quin didn't give it to him), Kleiza's still going to score 34 points and 21 boards while taking out Hawkins and Lee with his laser vision.

Finally, take a look at this very educational diagram.
*editied*

no insulting users. Thanks

I didn't insult anyone
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
736 Posts
Originally posted by <b>pharcyde</b>!


First of all, I don't think the Big XII is really all that bad. College basketball as a whole seems to be a bit down this year.

Secondly, KU has exactly one strong post player. There is no "and co." with KU right now.

Third, predicting a KU win based on a loss in the previous game, assuming they'll be embarassed, is about as valid as me saying Mizzou will win because they've had an embarassing season.

Fourth, how exactly do you think KU plans on stopping Paulding and his patented 3-12 shooting streaks? Clearly he's a better player than Langford or anyone else on the KU roster.

Fifth, even while sitting on the bench in a suit (and no, Quin didn't give it to him), Kleiza's still going to score 34 points and 21 boards while taking out Hawkins and Lee with his laser vision.

Finally, take a look at this very educational diagram.
*editied*

no insulting users. Thanks

I don't think Simien's very good at all actually, but MU's forwards are just big and slow, which seems to be the profile of a frontline that KU can play against inside, as can be seen from their performance against CU vs against Iowa St.

Sorry, that's my bad about assuming a victory based on being embarrassed, but the game is at Allen, so we'll just replace that whole section.

And even if college is down as a whole, the Big 12 would be as competitive nationally as they have been. Ku was top 5 for a long time, now they're 15-20. Same for Texas and Oklahoma, only they weren't quite as good. Even Missouri, while the whole underachieving thing has been sort of a trademark, didn't have so many terrible losses. College ball may be down overall, but the Big 12 is down even more so.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,045 Posts
I liked that post, pharcyde.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,669 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Hollis</b>!
The Big 12 is down? Don't tell that to Nebraska, Kansas State, Iowa State, Colorado...

The Big 12 top-to-bottom is among the elite.
The Big 12 is certainly down - it is nowhere near last year's level, which was the best in America.

The ACC, SEC, and probably the Big East are better,


I will grant you that it is deeper then past years, but there is just not the elite teams this year.
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top