Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Restore the Roar
7,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past evening the stupendous Michael Olowokandi pulled off a remarkable feat: 18 points.

Okay, really, it wasn't all that remarkable. But it was his season high, coming on the heels of a 14 point game. His past three games (in terms of points/rebounds) have been along these lines: 10/6, 14/6, 18/8. After two seasons of lackluster and bustlike play in Minnesota, Michael Olowokandi IS about to have a breakout season. On par with, and probably better than, his final season on his last contract, with the Clippers.

And that is where we hit the striking point. The point where we realize just WHY I am so certain that this is about to happen. The last time Kandi had a semi-productive season (of 12/9/2.2blk) was the final season of his last contract with the LA Clippers. Olowokandi is currently in the final year of his contract with Minnesota, and he is about to put all of his amazing talents to horrid use once more.

Next season, and this is a sincere prediction, Michael Olowokandi will be signed at the age of 31 for the mid-level exception somewhere in the NBA. Not a huge prediction, I know, but I'm certain it will happen because when the money is on the line: the Kandiman Cometh.

-Chris.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Don't feel too bad for any team who signs Kandi.

All one has to do is remember he turned down a 6 year/66 million dollar deal to play with the Clippers.

The stupidest thing an athlete has done. He got 3 years/18 million. :laugh:

Stupidity is life's best revenge.

·
Registered
8,226 Posts
The shorter and cheaper the contract was, the team will not have to wince with him any longer. He's no pretty sight.

·
_(ツ)_ส้้้้&#3
28,008 Posts
HKF said:
Don't feel too bad for any team who signs Kandi.

All one has to do is remember he turned down a 6 year/66 million dollar deal to play with the Clippers.

The stupidest thing an athlete has done. He got 3 years/18 million. :laugh:

Stupidity is life's best revenge.
That's nearly as bad as Latrell turning down $21 million so he could sit on his butt for nothing.

Though I wish Memphis would trade for Kandi using Lorenzen Wright, who has played like a retarded child in his contract year.

If Kandi was forced to accept nothing but one-year contracts, he actually might have turned out to be a mediocre No. 1 overall, instead of a flat-out awful one.

·
Player
7,852 Posts
If Kandi was forced to accept nothing but one-year contracts, he actually might have turned out to be a mediocre No. 1 overall, instead of a flat-out awful one.
:laugh: he would be ballin hard every season then instead of these 3-4 year increments.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
ChrisWoj said:
Okay, really, it wasn't all that remarkable.
Actually it was. At the start of the 4th quarter he had 8 or so points in a row. He completely dominated the game for that stretch, and put the game away. It's the best I've ever seen him. Too bad this only happens in contract years.

·
I Love This Game
2,596 Posts
im happy to see him playing well, but its kind of dissapointing to know that he had the potential all along and wa just slacking.

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
kg oughta slap this fool for not playing hard every night

Reactions: JT

·
Registered
11,876 Posts
He has had knee issues and I'd guess they're feeling a little better these days, but for how long? I hear when he was young, he was even able to dunk.

Seriously though, I hope he does have a good season. I'm really pulling for the Twolves to win that lackluster Northwest division.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts