Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

It's a Good Time to Be a NETS' Fan!

413 Views 9 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  coolblue
Now chirren, don't be gettin' spoiled. 12 games is nothin.' I sat through all 33 with the LALs in '72 and was wonderin' when they'd ever lose again. Same thing could happen here.

When you get up to this level of play, streaks can continue for a long time. The key is to take each contest one game at a time. It's nice to be part of something special.

'Bout the only thing the NETS could do to improve right now is to get Brett Yormark to bring in a NETS' version of 'Dancin' Harry' to hex opposing teams that come into the 'House of Pain' - Continental Airlines Arena!!! Where the swamp meets dry land.

Call it the 'Swamp,' too! Remember, nobody gets out alive from the swamp. It drags you down 'til you're eaten by the swamp thing.

Call Vince - the Swamp Thing or Swamp Dragon; Jason - the Terminator; RJ - the Stilletto and Nenad - Godzilla. 'Aint no getting out alive from the swamp.

The NETS should also start handing out promotional souveneirs for the new nicknames for each player. Talk about superheroes and sports-hero worship. :cheers: :clap:
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Clever idea. I like it. But the Stiletto? Who? What?
Reactions: 1
Richard Jefferson said:
Clever idea. I like it. But the Stiletto? Who? What?
Well, I was thinkin' of callin' RJ just: the Knife. Why the Stiletto? Well, it's also a sleeker version of a knife. It cuts you up. RJ is like a stiletto. He runs the floor to cut you up faster than anybody in the league.

One, two, three or four stiletto dunks and you're out of the game before you know it. He runs the floor like a silent assasin and punctuates the game with stiletto dunks. So many in such a short span that you're bleedin' so bad before the swamp thing and the terminator put you away if you're still breathin.'

Addendum:

Maybe I'll call RJ the stiletto-knife. Moving up and down the floor like a silent assasin he stabs you so fast with stiletto dunks you're bleedin' before you know it. Then he cuts you up with strong defense in the passing lanes until you're ready to succumb. If that doesn't do you in, he turns you over to the swamp thing and the terminator to finish you off.
I hope our winning streak extends to 38 GAMES. :banana:
That'd be a nice way to end the seaon. 38 straight to close out.
Jerzee CliffKnotes said:
Yeah I'd like that
Welcome to BBB.net; sure you'll love it here.

Pretty sweet handle too... LOL

-Petey
NBASCOUT2005 said:
Well, I was thinkin' of callin' RJ just: the Knife. Why the Stiletto? Well, it's also a sleeker version of a knife. It cuts you up. RJ is like a stiletto. He runs the floor to cut you up faster than anybody in the league.

One, two, three or four stiletto dunks and you're out of the game before you know it. He runs the floor like a silent assasin and punctuates the game with stiletto dunks. So many in such a short span that you're bleedin' so bad before the swamp thing and the terminator put you away if you're still breathin.'

Addendum:

Maybe I'll call RJ the stiletto-knife. Moving up and down the floor like a silent assasin he stabs you so fast with stiletto dunks you're bleedin' before you know it. Then he cuts you up with strong defense in the passing lanes until you're ready to succumb. If that doesn't do you in, he turns you over to the swamp thing and the terminator to finish you off.
And I thought stilettos were heels...
Richard Jefferson said:
And I thought stilettos were heels...
Now we know where you like to hang out. :evil: :biggrin:
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.