Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jordan should be making a decision soon. He had basically made up his mind by this time last year but lowkeyed it because of 9-11.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear an announcement sometime in the next week to 10 days.

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We should really know this week.

Mostly becasue camp starts next week.

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
I saw an interview here Locally with Pat Ewing and he talked as if it was a sure thing that Mike was coming back so that was good to here, so I think Mike will do similar to last eyar and have a press conference at the start of camp next week to anounce his intentions, it would be a stunner to me personally if he chose not to play the team would still be solid but could be special(winning the eastern conference ) if he does play. This is the most anticipation I've ever had with the Wizards/Bullets to start a season there's real optimism that we could be a real factor in the league,not just some show pony team thats looking for Jordan to put on a show like last year, I am Hyped.

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
I forgot to copy the link, but Jay Mariotti (http://www.suntimes.com) has a new article suggesting that MJ's in good shape, and maybe that he won't be willing to play only 20 mpg.

I still think MJ's best position at this point is to get his minutes by starting and finishing at the PG spot on offense. Put him there, then cover him with Stack/Hughes/Russell on defense against the quicker PGs.

Something like a starting 5 of MJ, Stack, Russell, Kwame, Haywood, with MJ getting about 8 minutes at the beginning of the game before giving way to Hughes, then an 8 minute stretch in the 2nd or 3rd quarter, and a final stretch at the end of the game... giving him about 24mpg total. I think his ego would like him to play more and his body (and Collins) would like him to play less, so 20-24 is about right.

Also, I just can't see him not being a starter. We're going to say that Hughes or Russell is gonna start over MJ? Nope.

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
Good looking out MikeDC glad you put this up I just heard about it on the radio, Well very interesting looks like it's a go ,MJ rides again ,Very interesting stuff,Looks like he wants to be a starter again I'd agree with that line-up of yours, Mike, Puts Hughes off the bench, which is interesting because now we could bring off hughes as our point man with Dixon playing the sg spot on offense and flip flopping on defense, along with Jeffries,and Thomas man we're going to be awfully good this year man, Teams had better watch-out cause we're coming , MJ I still think should pull back a little, but he's feeling great . I'm just wondering how that line-up works does MJ run the point, does Stack chase the quicker pg's, very interesting.

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MikeDC,

It seems as if MJ is going to be a starter. I would think the odd man out is Russell.

Hughes
Stack
Jordan
Kwame/Thomas
Haywood

would be a fairly decent lineup.

Russell could spell the SG/SF spots. Lue/Whitney could come in at PG and slide Hughes to SG. The backcourt rotation of Whitney/Lue, Jordan, Hughes, Stack, and Russell seems solid. A frontcourt rotation of Haywood, Laettner, Brown, Thomas, and eventually Jahidi sems a bit green but they should do well enough rebounding and defensively. Hopefully someone in that group will pick up some low post moves.

To me it appears Dixon, Grizzard, and Jeffries are going to have to find their spots. I do not anticipate much contribution from these guys this season discounting injury. Dixon has an outside shot of getting into the lineup if he can be a defensive stopper and shooter, supplanting the Whitney/Lue combo.

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
LOL, MJ just can't keep from screwing Russell, can he?

I agree that it looks kind of like MJ's headed for the SF spot again, but I just don't think it's the right move. Let him bring the ball up court and not bang around with guys that are bigger than him. I guess we'll see though...

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
MikeDC.

Stackhouse may actually take on the SF defensive role with MJ more of a point forward/post up player on the offensive end.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
I'd say he's coming back and with NEW wizards look, a good blend of youth and young veterans...He know's this year can be a very successful one. With his leadership and experience, I'm sure the team will only thrive and feed off of that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts