Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Because BBF needs a hero
8,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Isn't it sad that Cook looked better tonight than Brown has all season so far? I can't believe I'm saying this but if Cook can do this consistantly I'd rather see him start.

And wow what A difference having a second scoring option is? If Odom could just buckle down and play like he did tonight things would always be so bad and we might be a consistant 500 team.

But it is only one game.. But maybe they will learn from this....?

·
heatseeker
7,066 Posts
My thoughts exactly, Cook did very good, Lamar played like he was supposed to hopefully this will continue.

·
Because BBF needs a hero
8,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lakermike05 said:
My thoughts exactly, Cook did very good, Lamar played like he was supposed to hopefully this will continue.

Yeah, I mean Cook took for the most part smart wide open jump shots from close range. He played ok defense, obvously he isn't as strong as Brown and cant throw his man around in the post but still very decent. I mean come on the guy had 17/7/3/1/1 with no TOs... Thats better statistically speaking than any game Brown has really had this season. He also did a lot more than those numbers tell in the sense he definatly knows his SPACING better than Brown.. Maybe its the more experiance than Brown, or whatever.. But he knew where to stand the majority of the plays and it ended up working out ot his advantage as he often got the ball wide open and made the easy basket. I'd love to see over the next two weeks Cook become consistant and have games like this, if he could it would probably be a great punch having Brown come off the bench. This again is only one game, but I was impressed.

Lamar needs to play like he did tonight. Tale 15-20 shots a night, try to take it to the hole at least 8-10 times, and work on your free throws. Cook and Odom came through tonight, and the best part was... Kobe was actually able to save some energy for the second half of the game.

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
Yup, no excuse, Kwame needs to step it up. Defensively they're not close, but offensively Kwame has been so bad, in fact worse than he has been in years, that even Brian Cook may have more impact than him at this point. It's definitely Kwame being completely lost in the offense, because there's no reason he can't score 10+ ppg. But if he can't learn the offense he's worthless unless he can score 10+ ppg on talent alone, and he does NOT have much scoring talent.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Man, I hate to say it but I also agree. Brian Cook had an awesome game. I think it would be a good idea to start BC even when Kwame comes back, maybe that'll give Kwame a little movitavtion so pick it up on the O.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
CDRacingZX6R said:
Isn't it sad that Cook looked better tonight than Brown has all season so far? I can't believe I'm saying this but if Cook can do this consistantly I'd rather see him start.

And wow what A difference having a second scoring option is? If Odom could just buckle down and play like he did tonight things would always be so bad and we might be a consistant 500 team.

DITTO!!! I was thinking the exact same thing!

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Agree Cook had a good offensive game but im not pleased with his defense.. Cant rotated and let Radmanovic open for 3 too many times, got owned by Reggie Evans on the board, .. Kwame would have a better defensive game but damn, he cant even catch the ball let alone lay up. I think if a game againt good PF like Garnet, we better let kwame start

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
"The most satisfying thing is my mother was here to see me play, the first time she's seen me play at Staples Center," Cook said. "That was real gratifying for me."

:clap: :banana: :clap:

And yes nobody is gonna preach his defense at all (he's not known for his defense) but he's tried time and time again. What more do you want from him? Your playing Vlad that is always a 3 PT shooter big man and the other a banger down low.. Cook will never win the banger down low matchups.. There's one thing not many are gonna compliment him on but Nick Collison who was matched up with him was held to 1-3 shooting with 2 pts, 1 board, and 5 fouls in 7 minutes. I guess my point is.. He can do something on defense but he's not what everyone wants him to be. Sad really.

Everything about his game was great last night. He at least, unlike the turd Kwame, showed a lot more in one game than Kwame has shown all year.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Brian34Cook said:
"The most satisfying thing is my mother was here to see me play, the first time she's seen me play at Staples Center," Cook said. "That was real gratifying for me."
:clap: Where is he from, i cant remmember.. by the way, where is Kwame` mummy? We need her here every games! Do it Mitch!! :biggrin:

·
Because BBF needs a hero
8,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bartholomew Hunt said:
Eh... I don't think Kwame's defense has been great at all. And his rebounding...uggh.. He should average at least five more boards per game if he would make an attempt to box out more.
I agree totally.. THe only thing Brown has is his size. And his defense hasn't always been good. I'd say playing KG was the only game I saw him play some extremly solid defense. Thats it. Its pretty sad when a player like Cook, who is known as being kind of softed played as good of defense, better offense and had more rebounds in last nights game.

If cook plays like this the entire time Brown is hurt, he better keep the starting role.

Again its ONE game... Im trying to keep that in mind but I was really impressed with the effort baby huey put in out there.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
i dont think cookie crumbs can keep it up though...isn't that like his best game in 3 years with the lakers? i noticed his hustle though...but he is lazy after the fact Meaning: after he hustles, if he doesn's get the lsoe ball or whatever, he bumbles down the court with that semi-cocky, gum-chewing smirk that pisses me off while his man (manovich) is popping three's all over the place...he can't guard bigs, not perimeter players. what is he good for? scoring like 6 pts a game while his man scores 10+? that's why lakers aren't good defensively. by the way...that was a foul on bynum...he had ball after he slapped the hell out of even's wrist...it was pretty obvious. bynum seems okay...he doesn't rebound very well from what i see though...its like he waits for the ball to go to him rather than going after the ball (like the monkey looking sonic...reggie evans...good rebounder...but i hate him...and that stupid thing he doesn when he scores...i dont think scrubs should be allowed to celebrate...i think i'll make a thread about that in general forum...plz dont lock it EHL). doesn't use his size well YET. shouldn't complain to refs at that age...it plants seeds of dislike. if i was a ref i would be like "this kid who could be my grandson arguing with me over a call? he'll get nothing the next time down" plus i hate to see grown men argue over cra (like Kobe, Odom, Timmy, Sheed, BEN WALLACE...hell...THE PISTONS) unless its blatant.

·
Because BBF needs a hero
8,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
duncan2k5 said:
i dont think cookie crumbs can keep it up though...isn't that like his best game in 3 years with the lakers? i noticed his hustle though...but he is lazy after the fact Meaning: after he hustles, if he doesn's get the lsoe ball or whatever, he bumbles down the court with that semi-cocky, gum-chewing smirk that pisses me off while his man (manovich) is popping three's all over the place...he can't guard bigs, not perimeter players. what is he good for? scoring like 6 pts a game while his man scores 10+? that's why lakers aren't good defensively. by the way...that was a foul on bynum...he had ball after he slapped the hell out of even's wrist...it was pretty obvious. bynum seems okay...he doesn't rebound very well from what i see though...its like he waits for the ball to go to him rather than going after the ball (like the monkey looking sonic...reggie evans...good rebounder...but i hate him...and that stupid thing he doesn when he scores...i dont think scrubs should be allowed to celebrate...i think i'll make a thread about that in general forum...plz dont lock it EHL). doesn't use his size well YET. shouldn't complain to refs at that age...it plants seeds of dislike. if i was a ref i would be like "this kid who could be my grandson arguing with me over a call? he'll get nothing the next time down" plus i hate to see grown men argue over cra (like Kobe, Odom, Timmy, Sheed, BEN WALLACE...hell...THE PISTONS) unless its blatant.

:puke:

·
heatseeker
7,066 Posts
duncan2k5 said:

You know ........Ehh nvm trolls never listen anyway.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
could you elaborate on what you disagree with in the post instead of setting for juvenile responses. thats what i don't get with people...you bash me for my posts, but i alwaysa give reasons...some of you just post senselessness. now if you posted a reason with the barfing smiley face...them you might have gained some of my respect

·
heatseeker
7,066 Posts
duncan2k5 said:
could you elaborate on what you disagree with in the post instead of setting for juvenile responses. thats what i don't get with people...you bash me for my posts, but i alwaysa give reasons...some of you just post senselessness. now if you posted a reason with the barfing smiley face...them you might have gained some of my respect

What would make you think any1 here wants your respect , Because honestly I highly doubt anyone respects you.

·
Pacman & Mamba
2,558 Posts
CDRacingZX6R said:

Sad but true :(

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
at least the feeling is mutual. what i realize about many laker fans (i thought this board was diff, but many of them are the same) is that that avoid any arguement that talks negatively about their players. and proceed to call the ppl trolls. i have yet to see a man void of criticism. they are not greater than any man. they do their share of criticizm...so why cant they be criticized. if you dont have an arguement then plz dont reply nonsense to pad your posts

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Bartholomew Hunt said:
Eh... I don't think Kwame's defense has been great at all. And his rebounding...uggh.. He should average at least five more boards per game if he would make an attempt to box out more.
He plays very good post defense but, of course, the whole defensive play does not matter if he does not secure the rebound afterwards.

The other problem, as far as his defense, is when he comes out of the paint to get in the passing lanes or to help guard a screen. He does not rotate back to his man fast enough which then gets him fouled, which then gets him out of his rhythm, which then causes him to miss more shots, which in affect, lowers the chance of him getting his confidence up and learning the offense. So it all starts With his Defense. That is all that he should be focusing on when he is in the game. THEN the offense will come to him easier.

Starting Cook maybe the better decision as far as where we are now but that will only make Kwame's title as a Bust an inevitability if Kwame does not take "coming off the bench" well.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts