Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the signing because A) he plays at our worst position and will fill the hole there, B)He will be a nice scoring option to go along with Stack in the backcourt. With Cliffy,Big Ben and co. the Pstans are just fine defensivley but the help Chauncey will bring offensivley could be the added piece that pushes this team over the top.

He could become that needed 2A scoring option behind Cliffy and Stack with nice averages of somewhere in the range of 15-18 PPG. ASfter all, he torched a few teams last year for 30-40 more than a half dozen times and averaged a nice 15

Supposedly the deal is one that last for 6 years, couldn't find money specfics. 6 years is alot though.

Link: Will post it here once it is put on ESPN. Saw it on the bottomline during the WNBA AS Game.

·
Hokeamaniac
5,775 Posts
Can't officially sign anything until the 17th, but it's pretty much a done deal. 99.99% chance that Chauncey will sign here. He'll be a great addition to our team, and adds another scorer. He'll be signed mid-level, which will still give us the opportunity to sign a marquee 2003 free agent to the max.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
I have a ? what were you doing watching the wnba al star game. I would chew off my left leg before I watch those girls play basketball. I hear the wnba players might strike I sure hope they do what a waste of time.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Press conference today at 2.

·
Wolves Enthusiast
6,038 Posts
chauncy is horrible, takes too many shots for a pg, he is a nattural SG, i should know i watch him all the time

·
Registered
335 Posts
well

of the choices (Best, and Mcginnis the others) nHe still has the most up side still. best is still too small and McGinnis shoots even more than Billups does. there are only a few very good to great points out there. the ones that a team can get will have flaws. (especially shooting too much0 but in the Piston scheme I don't think that will be a problem.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Plus if he does not work out here more than likely we will have a top ten pick next year (memphis's pick as long as its not the #1) since next year will be a deep pg class (prolly duhon, tj ford, kirk heinrich) will be okay.

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
17,071 Posts
best

In my opinion he was the best player in the free agent pool. And now he is gone! Way to go Detroit! lol

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
We already have Travis Best.Here he happens to be called Chucky Atkins.What don't you want the Pistons to have a PG above 5'11"?

·
Hokeamaniac
5,775 Posts
Originally posted by Bruno the Questionable
We already have Travis Best.Here he happens to be called Chucky Atkins.What don't you want the Pistons to have a PG above 5'11"?
Bruno, take a look at that guys avatar. I think somebody might still be sore over the last game of the regular season....:laugh:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts