Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
225 Posts
It's a great move by Temple. He's a proven coach. He's from Philly. His players graduate--interesting challenge here. It's great for the Big 5 to have Temple back in good graces. And maybe more palestra games if Temple moves their home Big 5 games back there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,388 Posts
flyerhawk* said:
It's a great move by Temple. He's a proven coach. He's from Philly. His players graduate--interesting challenge here. It's great for the Big 5 to have Temple back in good graces. And maybe more palestra games if Temple moves their home Big 5 games back there.


How could Temple rationalize moving games to the Palestra? With a state of the art facility paid by a good amount of state funding, you've got to be kidding on that one! Yes, it's a good hire for Temple but a big job for FD. It's not the Ivy league anymore, steppin' up time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,003 Posts
flyerhawk* said:
It's a great move by Temple. He's a proven coach. He's from Philly. His players graduate--interesting challenge here. It's great for the Big 5 to have Temple back in good graces. And maybe more palestra games if Temple moves their home Big 5 games back there.
What a difference in student athletes. He is going from Ivy league kids to a different type of student. That is going to be a big challenge for Dunphy. Very interesting.

A LaSalle grad and Penn long time coach moves to Temple. Talk about inbreeding. This is the first time a Big 5 coach has moved to another Big 5 school.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,388 Posts
PVP said:
What a difference in student athletes. He is going from Ivy league kids to a different type of student. That is going to be a big challenge for Dunphy. Very interesting.

A LaSalle grad and Penn long time coach moves to Temple. Talk about inbreeding. This is the first time a Big 5 coach has moved to another Big 5 school.

Here's 2 other examples, both from SJU - Paul Westhead, asst to HC at Lasalle and Harry Booth, HC to asst at Villanova. Trying to think of others? Jack Ramsay had all kinds of Big 5 connections, though not coaching related as I recall.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,003 Posts
clark1 said:
Here's 2 other examples, both from SJU - Paul Westhead, asst to HC at Lasalle and Harry Booth, HC to asst at Villanova. Trying to think of others? Jack Ramsay had all kinds of Big 5 connections, though not coaching related as I recall.

I was talking about head coache to head coach. A couple more recent ones to add to the list.

John Gallagher - SJU to LaSalle (To ???)
Bill Lange - LaSalle to Villanova (To Navy)
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top