Boozer
Dunleavy
Ginobili
Jaric
Flip Murray
Nene
Tayshaun Prince
Amare

(Caron not getting in makes sense based on his injuries. I can deal with no Drew Gooden, but Jaric over Jiri Welsh? No Frank Williams either. This team has no true point guard. They'll use Flip or Jaric, I assume.)

·
Old-Timer
2,619 Posts
Once again, this game will be more exciting than the actual all-star game. I'd go with the Rooks if Lebron was going to play but he'll be on the real all-star team, so I'll go with the Sophs, but it should be close. I'm guessing TJ Ford will take Lebron's place.

Is Yao leading the leading vote-getter for the West centers again this year? I assume he is, so someone will take his place. I'm guessing Gooden.

·
Registered
896 Posts
These games are not exciting. However, if you like sloppy, undisciplined, guard dominated street ball, it may be your cup of tea. I remember the announcers last season just ripping on the participants. This game is a joke. I will watch the game, but in all likelyhood will turn it off after a quarter of watching something that doesn't even resemble basketball.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
damn, no pietrus?

Just Kidding

:D

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
No TJ Ford....no Leandro Barbosa....no Marcus Banks....only one true point guard out of the 18 players......

·
Registered
8,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by <b>VincentVega</b>!
No TJ Ford....no Leandro Barbosa....no Marcus Banks....only one true point guard out of the 18 players......
I just remember how Jay showed downcourt speed in that game that no less than 5 players in the league can match. It was amazing. I just remember being so pissed at Cartwright for not setting up his offense to utilize Jay's remarkable speed at all.

That speed must be gone now. :cry:

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
I like the rooks assuming Bron is in the ASG, and Melo isnt.... my man Jarvis gonna tear it up :yes:

·
Registered
154 Posts
It said in the press release on nba.com that even if a player was chosen for the regular All-Star game, he would still play in the rookie game. So that's good news if you want guarantees that LeBron or Yao will be in the rookie game.

Don't understand how T.J. Ford could be left off. He is a much better pick than Kaman or Haslem.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Congratulations to Krik. He deserves it.

If they actually play a real basketball game (with defense), the sophs will win by a ton. They have all the big guys (Yao, Amare, Boozer, Nene), while the rooks' fontline consists of the likes of Kaman, Bosh, and Haslem (ouch).

However, since the game is most likely going to be a run and gun streetball with no D, the Rooks should win because they have better guards.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts