Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not only did Krstic [age: 22] score 26 on 11 for 15 shooting, but he passed the ball like a point guard underneath. Vlade Divac described him as a "combination of me and Arvydas Sabonis". I thought that was a wild exaggeration. I am not so sure anymore.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
57,945 Posts
Yup, his development over a season, and half of another is simply amazing.

-Petey
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,729 Posts
He has shown remarkable improvement. He seems to get better in each game. The last game, he had 2 strong finishes (from Kidd), one of which was on the break. And tonight, he shot exceptionally well. He avoided foul trouble and he was passing effectively.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,694 Posts
Kidd took a back seat as Kristic has been playing well of late he was dominant tonight, if he keeps it up maybe they're won't be as much hate towards JC aka Set Shot Willy?

Four in a Row I'm on Cloud Nine :biggrin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,024 Posts
NetIncome said:
not only did Krstic [age: 22] score 26 on 11 for 15 shooting, but he passed the ball like a point guard underneath. Vlade Divac described him as a "combination of me and Arvydas Sabonis". I thought that was a wild exaggeration. I am not so sure anymore.
I'd say there's more Doleac in him than either of those two. Has not demonstrated any profound passing ability yet. Of course, when you have RJ, JKidd, and Carter on your team, you're not going to get many opportunities.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Petey

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rollydog said:
I'd say there's more Doleac in him than either of those two. Has not demonstrated any profound passing ability yet. Of course, when you have RJ, JKidd, and Carter on your team, you're not going to get many opportunities.
You're embarrassing yourself. I will not add to your pain.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,073 Posts
The skills were always there. Playing heavier starter minutes accounts for it. It has improved his confidence and willingness to show more of his repertoire.

The Sabonis-Divac comparison has merit. Divac is no fool.

Krstic always had the ability to play the complete game they teach in Europe to their centers. He's doing it now.

The refs are finally laying off is another part of it because he's earned the respect of the officials and the league. His Coach and ball club has stood up for him as well.

Finally, this is what you see in a player with developmental upside at the age of 23. It's called rapid development. Put a Chris Wilcox alongside the Big Four and the NETS would be unstoppable!!!

P.S., Krstic is still performing well against subpar competition. He has to keep getting stronger and be able to put on these kind of performances against the Shaq's and Duncan's of the league consistently. Then you'll know that he's truly arrived.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,856 Posts
Props to Nenad, he is really coming along, i am really starting to think that they should change the " The big three" to the " the Big Four", Without Kristic tonight, we wouldn't have wone the game.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
57,945 Posts
Rollydog said:
I'd say there's more Doleac in him than either of those two. Has not demonstrated any profound passing ability yet. Of course, when you have RJ, JKidd, and Carter on your team, you're not going to get many opportunities.
Had some great passes tonight.

-Petey
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,664 Posts
Just becuz he is haven a good stretch of games doesnt make him part of the gig 4 he can just as easily fall of into a shootin slump like kidd we wil see what he does against dallas he will be torched by the dallas bigs
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,824 Posts
Vinsane said:
Just becuz he is haven a good stretch of games doesnt make him part of the gig 4 he can just as easily fall of into a shootin slump like kidd we wil see what he does against dallas he will be torched by the dallas bigs
vinsane wishes bad things for nets players besides vince

he doesnt care bout krstic, kidd, rj he prob wishes they have crap games so he can be like "VC is the best on the team" its all about vince for vinsane
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,694 Posts
Carter15Nets said:
vinsane wishes bad things for nets players besides vince

he doesnt care bout krstic, kidd, rj he prob wishes they have crap games so he can be like "VC is the best on the team" its all about vince for vinsane
Ownage
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
57,945 Posts
Carter15Nets said:
vinsane wishes bad things for nets players besides vince

he doesnt care bout krstic, kidd, rj he prob wishes they have crap games so he can be like "VC is the best on the team" its all about vince for vinsane
Really? Don't think many realized that... LOL

-Petey
 

·
Burned
Joined
·
18,770 Posts
Carter15Nets said:
No its still the big 3

Carter, RJ, Krstic

Kidd just hopped off the big 3
I hope you post dumb things like this for fun.

It would be sad if you really believed this.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
57,945 Posts
ghoti said:
I hope you post dumb things like this for fun.

It would be sad if you really believed this.
Didn't you get the memo?

12 assists and his D on the league's top scorer are not functions of basketball.

-Petey
 
1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top