Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know you feel the excitement as we get closer and closer to the return of Rose.

When do you think he will be back?

First off, I hope he and the Bulls administration take as much time as needed to make sure Rose is 100% upon return. My guess is Rose will be back for either our 2/26/13 home game against Cleveland or on 3/2/13 for our home game against the Nets.

What are your expectations for Rose? I honestly expect his first few games to be above average then a leveling off as Rose readjusts to playing again. I'm not expecting MVP Rose back. I'm just hoping to see flashes of MVP Rose and the promise that by next season Rose will be back in full form.

Here's a link to the latest developments involving Rose:
http://www.csnchicago.com/basketbal...tep-in-recovery-pro?blockID=826589&feedID=661
http://www.csnchicago.com/pages/v11_videodetail?PID=6cLLTB-nLzPRO_pEgpjLsEz7RYOL_AooyB8IE7k

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Re: It's the return of ....

You guys have done a hell of a job putting yourselves in the best spot you can for his return.

I think people are sleeping on you guys being a legit threat in the playoffs this year.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

You guys have done a hell of a job putting yourselves in the best spot you can for his return.

I think people are sleeping on you guys being a legit threat in the playoffs this year.
I'm amazed. We're only 9 less wins than league leading San Antonio (34 wins) and only 2 wins less than East leading Miami (27 wins), and that is without Rose. I don't know what to attribute that to. Noah & Deng are their usual selves and have definitely held it down in Rose's abscene. It's good to see Boozer step up as well. Hopefully this is the Boozer we see from now on.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts

I'm amazed. We're only 9 less wins than league leading San Antonio (34 wins) and only 2 wins less than East leading Miami (27 wins), and that is without Rose. I don't know what to attribute that to. Noah & Deng are their usual selves and have definitely held it down in Rose's abscene. It's good to see Boozer step up as well. Hopefully this is the Boozer we see from now on.
I still hate Boozer, but even I'll admit he's really come out and surprised me this year.

Not the same guy people were complaining about last year, that's for sure.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts

Its been an incredibly lack luster NBA season so far, I bet Stern can't WAIT till Rose is back. The East is very mediocre with the exception of the Heat. The Nets and Knicks have come back down to earth and are ok teams at best. The Lakers and Dwight Howard have been a total disaster, Dirk Nowitzki one of leagues brightest stars looks like he might be done. Its a two team race in the West and a 1 team race so far in the East.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts

Its been an incredibly lack luster NBA season so far, I bet Stern can't WAIT till Rose is back. The East is very mediocre with the exception of the Heat. The Nets and Knicks have come back down to earth and are ok teams at best. The Lakers and Dwight Howard have been a total disaster, Dirk Nowitzki one of leagues brightest stars looks like he might be done. Its a two team race in the West and a 1 team race so far in the East.
Disagree completely. How has Brooklyn come back down to earth when they're 9 and 1 in their last 10 games? Indiana has been hot as well, and the Knicks have proven they can be a threat. If anything this years East is stronger than lasts.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts

Disagree completely. How has Brooklyn come back down to earth when they're 9 and 1 in their last 10 games? Indiana has been hot as well, and the Knicks have proven they can be a threat. If anything this years East is stronger than lasts.
After starting 11 and 4 they came back down in December going 5-11. True they have played good ball of late but they are a team that's somewhere in the middle between an 11 and 3 team and a 5-11 team if you know what I mean. I'm not sold that their current hot streak.

Same thing with the Knicks, who the heck have they beaten? The East is very un impressive. The one good team they have beaten in January has been the Spurs, thats about it.

Maybe there is more parity in the East this year, but I can't agree with you and say that the East is better this year than last. Last year the Bulls and Heat dominated the East while the Pacers and Sixers were arguably better teams last season.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts

After starting 11 and 4 they came back down in December going 5-11. True they have played good ball of late but they are a team that's somewhere in the middle between an 11 and 3 team and a 5-11 team if you know what I mean. I'm not sold that their current hot streak.

Same thing with the Knicks, who the heck have they beaten? The East is very un impressive. The one good team they have beaten in January has been the Spurs, thats about it.

Maybe there is more parity in the East this year, but I can't agree with you and say that the East is better this year than last. Last year the Bulls and Heat dominated the East while the Pacers and Sixers were arguably better teams last season.
The Pacers have been playing the best defense in the league, all without their leading scorer Danny Granger. To write them off as well as the Nets and Knicks is a bad idea.

Not to mention its more than just a two horse race in the West. Are you just saying its OKC and San Antonio? Because the Clippers should be right up there, with Memphis, Golden State and Denver all poised as dark horses.

Not to mention at least one of the teams mentioned will make a big splash at the deadline, just like every year.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts

The Pacers have been playing the best defense in the league, all without their leading scorer Danny Granger. To write them off as well as the Nets and Knicks is a bad idea.

Not to mention its more than just a two horse race in the West. Are you just saying its OKC and San Antonio? Because the Clippers should be right up there, with Memphis, Golden State and Denver all poised as dark horses.

Not to mention at least one of the teams mentioned will make a big splash at the deadline, just like every year.
Well I'm writing them off completely as title contenders, but I'm not writing them off as playoff teams. We all know what Carmelo Anthony and the Knicks are in the playoffs, we know the Pacers are a good team but not good enough to knock off the Heat or a fully healthy Chicago and as for the Nets, again they have had a roller coaster season so far, wait and see approach with them.

Realistically in the West I would say its OKC and San Antonio, the Clippers are good but come playoff time they are going to have to play half court ball. Who do you take in a half court game between a Gregg Popovich coached Spurs team or Vinny Del Negros team?

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts

Well I'm writing them off completely as title contenders, but I'm not writing them off as playoff teams. We all know what Carmelo Anthony and the Knicks are in the playoffs, we know the Pacers are a good team but not good enough to knock off the Heat or a fully healthy Chicago and as for the Nets, again they have had a roller coaster season so far, wait and see approach with them.

Realistically in the West I would say its OKC and San Antonio, the Clippers are good but come playoff time they are going to have to play half court ball. Who do you take in a half court game between a Gregg Popovich coached Spurs team or Vinny Del Negros team?
All the sudden the East is a two team race with the Bulls being in it?

Ok. We're going to have to agree to disagree here, but your comments wreak of homerism.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts

All the sudden the East is a two team race with the Bulls being in it?

Ok. We're going to have to agree to disagree here, but your comments wreak of homerism.
The Bulls are the 3rd best team in the East without THEIR MVP STAR PLAYER. Once Rose comes back that just makes them even better. The Bulls and Heat ran away with being the top 2 teams in the East last year, I don't see anything other than injuries that will keep that from happening again.

How is it homerism?

I'll give you a bit of non homerism. If Paul George doesn't take a step back offensively once Danny Granger comes back and IF Granger doesn't hurt the Pacers defensively, I think the Pacers win the central. The Pacers suck on offense so Granger coming back helps, but in order for them to continue to lead the league in rebounds and defense they are going to have to hope that Granger doesn't come back and start chucking the ball like he used to.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts

The Bulls are the 3rd best team in the East without THEIR MVP STAR PLAYER. Once Rose comes back that just makes them even better. The Bulls and Heat ran away with being the top 2 teams in the East last year, I don't see anything other than injuries that will keep that from happening again.

How is it homerism?

I'll give you a bit of non homerism. If Paul George doesn't take a step back offensively once Danny Granger comes back and IF Granger doesn't hurt the Pacers defensively, I think the Pacers win the central. The Pacers suck on offense so Granger coming back helps, but in order for them to continue to lead the league in rebounds and defense they are going to have to hope that Granger doesn't come back and start chucking the ball like he used to.
Granger is an very good defender, and will take a terrible defender in Lance Stephenson out of the lineup.

And lets even say he did come back and chucked the ball like there's no tomorrow, how exactly would that affect their rebounding and defense? It doesn't make any sense.

And if the Pacers win the Central, over the Bulls, how exactly are they not contenders?

·
Registered
9,297 Posts

Granger is an very good defender, and will take a terrible defender in Lance Stephenson out of the lineup.

And lets even say he did come back and chucked the ball like there's no tomorrow, how exactly would that affect their rebounding and defense? It doesn't make any sense.

And if the Pacers win the Central, over the Bulls, how exactly are they not contenders?
Its quite simple really, chucking the ball leads to fast break opportunities, fast break points = easy baskets, you can't rebound easy baskets.

They are not contenders because they don't have a superstar. The Bulls have a superstar, superstars win playoff series.

·
Premium Member
8,415 Posts

Its a two team race in the West and a 1 team race so far in the East.
Well, the standings do not reflect it only being a 1-team race in the East. If you mean that you don't believe any East team as presently constituted can challenge the Heat (meaning a Rose-less Bulls), then I agree, but the standings show the "race" is actually fairly tight.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts

Well, the standings do not reflect it only being a 1-team race in the East. If you mean that you don't believe any East team as presently constituted can challenge the Heat (meaning a Rose-less Bulls), then I agree, but the standings show the "race" is actually fairly tight.
What we all should have learned by now is that regular season wins don't mean jack come playoff time. The Bulls won a ton of games the past 2 seasons, only to get steam rolled by a more talented team and struggled against teams who were considered "lesser" like the Pacers and Hawks.

I'm amazed. We're only 9 less wins than league leading San Antonio (34 wins) and only 2 wins less than East leading Miami (27 wins), and that is without Rose. I don't know what to attribute that to.
I have to agree with JNRJR, Thibs is a freakishly great coach. This guy gets the most out of the talent, just imagine how good he would be if he had a couple of superstars that buy into his system of basketball?

The only knock on him, is that he plays his guys WAY too many minutes.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Rose

Any idea when Derrick returns and what is his present condition ?

·
Premium Member
14,320 Posts
Re: It's the return of... / Rose update thread

Thibodeau: Nothing New in Rose's 'Far Away' Remarks

Rose told USA Today: “I'm not coming back until I'm 110 percent. Who knows when that can be? It can be within a couple of weeks. It could be next year. It could be any day. It could be any time. It's just that I'm not coming back until I'm ready.”

When reporter Jeff Zillgitt on Monday asked Rose how close he was to 110 percent, the NBA’s reigning MVP replied: “Right now, probably in the high 80s. Far away. Far away.”

·
Registered
799 Posts
Re: It's the return of... / Rose update thread

Quick buzz online is that this is bad news. Maybe some got to excited when they caught a glimpse of Rose on the practice court, thinking he was going to suit up next week.

Couple things; one, I'm glad he is not rushing back. Wait until you're 120% if you want. Also, I wouldn't read to much into the "far away" comment. I fully expect him to start playing soon after the All-Star break. But, again, if he doesn't, I'm fine with that... I don't want to sound like a Cubs fan., but next year is THE year.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts