Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight Phoenix and Phili play and two key mvp candidates go head to head. There are cases to be made for both Nash and Iverson. Iverson is top 5 in scoring, assists and steals. Nash leads the league in assists by a wide magin(11.5) and is a the reason pheonix has had so much success this season.

Nash or Iverson? Who would you choose for MVP?

·
Banned
762 Posts
This is a tough one. I don't know where on earth the Sixers would be without Iverson, plus the fact that he is putting up great numbers and leads the league in Scoring

I might lean towards Iverson just a tad..

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
Iverson is better, in my opinion, so he's closer to being the MVP. Neither is a good MVP choice, however.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
I think Iverson is more deserving for MVP over Nash (I never understand the MVP hype on Nash) but I don't see him winning the MVP.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Shaq. AI over Nash though.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Ps!ence_Fiction said:
I think Iverson is more deserving for MVP over Nash (I never understand the MVP hype on Nash) but I don't see him winning the MVP.

the suns record was 29 - 53 last season this season so far its 53-17. Although nash wasnt the only offseason addition their team has had trouble winning when he isnt playing. There isnt any debate that nash has been a major reason for the suns success and you cant rely solely on stats to judge a players effect on the game. hes an mvp candidate beacause hes the reason the suns are one of the best teams right now in the nba.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Nashaholic said:
the suns record was 29 - 53 last season this season so far its 53-17. although nash wasnt the only offseason addition their team has had trouble winning when he isnt playing. There isnt any debate that nash has been a major reason for the suns success. Thats why hes an mvp candidate: beacause hes the reason the suns are one of the best teams right now in the nba.
well put... i agree 100%

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
Nash. He turned that franchise around. Its not about numbers, and neither should the MVP race be. Steph put up crazy numbers for Phoenix, and they blew, because Steph is a numbers guy, not a wins guy. Nash is a wins guy, and Phoenix is winning bigtime because of him.

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
SeaNet said:
Nash. He turned that franchise around. Its not about numbers, and neither should the MVP race be. Steph put up crazy numbers for Phoenix, and they blew, because Steph is a numbers guy, not a wins guy.
Assuming going to the playoffs and pushing the eventual champion Spurs as far as the Nets did in the Finals is "blowing," then yes...the Suns blew with Marbury.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I would have to take Nash over Iverson mainly because he has turned the Phoenix Suns into a championship calibur team were as Iverson has lead Philli to a .500 record.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
EHL said:
Shaq and Duncan over both. Maybe Dirk too.

i realize others such as shaq and duncan amongst others are also candicates, arguable better canditates. I have to admit that nash cant compare to the numbers or domination of shaq. However id just like to point out that the question refered to iverson and nash although these players mentioned does put things in more perspective.

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
...Except Nash has scored one more point while taking six less shots, and has eleven rebounds. But then again, I'm just watching the box score.

·
do better
41,522 Posts
Nash is more deserving, but here's my list:

Shaq
Dirk
Duncan
Nash
Mcgrady

So neither has a good shot at actually winning, Nash had better finish in the top 5 though.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts