Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think the Rockets should pick up Iverson or another good shooting guard in a year or two.

The team would be very good then.
Lineup

Francis
Iverson(or someone like tmac)
Eddie Griffen
Maurice Taylor
Yao Ming

Bench
Mobley
Nachbar
Rice
Kenny Thomas

Ooooh Yeah wouldnt beat then

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
How are you planning on getting AI or TMac without giving up any of your key players? Also, I think it would have to be TMac, because AI and Franchise would not work well together. Remember, there is a reason that Stackhouse and Hughes were both traded away, and that is because Iverson *****ed about them taking too many shots.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Sure, and while they're at the NBA superstar store why dont they just pick up a Shaq or 2 and couple of KGs. And just for fun why dont adopt a Kidd while they're at it.

Where will the Rockets get the money to pay Franchise, Iverson or Tmac and Ming? When Ming becomes a free agent he will get max money. Dont forget about Griffin who was a 7th pick in 02 and is improving into a good player will cost a pretty penny. The Lakers only have 2 superstars and dont have much money after that. It may be a pipe dream to have Stevie Franchise side by side w/ TMac and I have those fantasy team ups too, but I leave that for my NBA2K basketball video game or my fantasy basketball league. :p

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didnt mean trade. I meant free agent.

And they wouldnt have to sign a max contract. Just a year or two contract. When u have a team that will be as good as the rockets will be in a couple of years. U can get players that want rings

And I think you have to admit that the league as a whole likes Francis and Rudy and for that matter Jordan a lot better then they like shaq and kobe. Hell they dont even like each other.

And promise you the way i see things going in 2 or 3 years this team will be as good as those teams.

But a whole lot of that depends on Yao and Griffen becoming the players there suppost to be.

And I also see the Bulls now have a chance at the same thing

·
Fomer Admins are Kewl!
15,460 Posts
Originally posted by <b>peleincubus</b>!
I didnt mean trade. I meant free agent.

And they wouldnt have to sign a max contract. Just a year or two contract. When u have a team that will be as good as the rockets will be in a couple of years. U can get players that want rings

And I think you have to admit that the league as a whole likes Francis and Rudy and for that matter Jordan a lot better then they like shaq and kobe. Hell they dont even like each other.

And promise you the way i see things going in 2 or 3 years this team will be as good as those teams.

But a whole lot of that depends on Yao and Griffen becoming the players there suppost to be.

And I also see the Bulls now have a chance at the same thing
Ok well lets see. Iverson and TMAC both just started Contract extensions last year and the year before. So in two years they both will be in the middle of contracts. Why would any superstar only sign a 1 or 2 year contract. I'm sorry but that is utter nonsense. Griffin will become a star, and YAO well the jury will be out on him for a couple of years

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Originally posted by <b>colossus735</b>!
Sure, and while they're at the NBA superstar store why dont they just pick up a Shaq or 2 and couple of KGs. And just for fun why dont adopt a Kidd while they're at it.

Where will the Rockets get the money to pay Franchise, Iverson or Tmac and Ming? When Ming becomes a free agent he will get max money. Dont forget about Griffin who was a 7th pick in 02 and is improving into a good player will cost a pretty penny. The Lakers only have 2 superstars and dont have much money after that. It may be a pipe dream to have Stevie Franchise side by side w/ TMac and I have those fantasy team ups too, but I leave that for my NBA2K basketball video game or my fantasy basketball league. :p
LoL funny

But really you cant just wish something like that and poof it happens. Both AI and T Mac wil be locked up for a while, and the only possible way to get them would be be through a trade, but who would your give up the Franchise?You might be able to with some playes(Griffin etc.) but you might have to give up to much, plus no way you fit them all under the cap. Not to make fun of you but no way this happens, but when 2k3 comes out(which i'm getting, watch out for the Clips:D ) it might.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
He/or She is too much of a Rockets fan. If that was the case, then trust me "We would be voted as a league with the most dump players".

Plus, then a lot of teams would not need GMs. And also trust me "the clippers/cavs/etc wouldn't need to take that long to rebuild their team".

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Real stars don't jump teams so easily...

Look at T-Mac pre-orlando... he wasn't that hot. Look at when Pippen was traded, and when Jordan jetted the Bulls.

-Petey

·
Registered
973 Posts
welll... lets see who the FA Sgs are...

Jon Barry
Raja Bell
Lucious Harris
Lavor Postell

The others like Rip, Wally, and Maggette, are all restricted. So I doubt u'll be able to get them.... looking at the money u have...

how bout 2004

ron Mercer(looks like ur best bet)
Brent BarrY

Everyone else is restricted or they really suck.

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
Originally posted by <b>peleincubus</b>!
I think the Rockets should pick up Iverson or another good shooting guard in a year or two.

The team would be very good then.
Lineup

Francis
Iverson(or someone like tmac)
Eddie Griffen
Maurice Taylor
Yao Ming

Bench
Mobley
Nachbar
Rice
Kenny Thomas

Ooooh Yeah wouldnt beat then
I am a Rockets fan, and I do NOT want Iverson. Francis and Iverson I think are very similar players. I never did like AI. I am not a big fan of his. I rather have Francis and Mobley as the backcourt. Than Steve and AI or T-mac.

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
I think the best player the rockets can get for the SG position is probably Michael Redd. The guy can shoot, though he has yet to prove himself in other categories. He would fit well in the rockets, though.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
I see no need for a new sg on the rockets. They already have Mobley. He played 42.1 minutes a game last year while getting 21.7 ppg, 4.1 rpg and 2.5 apg. Could that be upgraded? Yes. Should it be? No. Francis and Mobley make up the best backcourt in the L IMO. If they need to adress anything its their front court.

·
Fomer Admins are Kewl!
15,460 Posts
Originally posted by <b>R-Star</b>!
I see no need for a new sg on the rockets. They already have Mobley. He played 42.1 minutes a game last year while getting 21.7 ppg, 4.1 rpg and 2.5 apg. Could that be upgraded? Yes. Should it be? No. Francis and Mobley make up the best backcourt in the L IMO. If they need to adress anything its their front court.
I honeslty feel their only problem is with the uncertainty of MING and the SF position. I dont know if they want Griffin to be a 3 or a 4. He is a shot-blocking MOnster. They gotta utilize that somehow

·
Registered
11,876 Posts
i've been wondering the same thing about griffen. i think he will probably be able to go both ways like KG. most of his minutes last season were at the pf position, and that's without the bulk and muscle that he can probably put on. i think he's athletic enough and has a good frame to play a tall sf though i'm sure his outside shot needs some improvement.
as for AI, i think that the pieces are coming together for houston without the need to pick up such a high profile/salary player. mobley is getting the job done very nicely at sg and has great chemistry with francis.

·
Fomer Admins are Kewl!
15,460 Posts
Originally posted by <b>SkywalkerAC</b>!
i've been wondering the same thing about griffen. i think he will probably be able to go both ways like KG. most of his minutes last season were at the pf position, and that's without the bulk and muscle that he can probably put on. i think he's athletic enough and has a good frame to play a tall sf though i'm sure his outside shot needs some improvement.
as for AI, i think that the pieces are coming together for houston without the need to pick up such a high profile/salary player. mobley is getting the job done very nicely at sg and has great chemistry with francis.
The thing abou that is though, Griffin right now shoots the 3 better than KG will for his career.

·
Moderator/Head Decepticon
7,624 Posts
Griffin will end up playing PF, if they eventually want Nachbar to start at SF. Plus, he's more suited for PF anyway, since he is a great Defensive player said above.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Originally posted by <b>LoaKhoet</b>!
He/or She is too much of a Rockets fan. If that was the case, then trust me "We would be voted as a league with the most dump players".

Plus, then a lot of teams would not need GMs. And also trust me "the clippers/cavs/etc wouldn't need to take that long to rebuild their team".
trust me, none of that made any sense

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Originally posted by <b>SkywalkerAC</b>!
exactly adding iverson to any squad that wasnt customed tailored around gettin him the ball and making the little brat happy would equal one thing: locker room poision.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts