Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think of A.I.? I like him alot. He is no doubt on of the best right now. I do have things i dislike about him. He cries to the refs alot. I know other ppl do to but what can i say. Sometimes he can be foolish. I was embaressed when SportsCenter showd Snow passing the ball to someone else and Iverson jumping up and down in anger.:upset: I think the media picks on him to much.:mad: F* the media. Leave him alone.:grinning:

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
well......

What else is the media there to do. Iverson does whine alot. He deserves some of it, a lot of times i m glad he is on our team. He is a reat player at what he does. Plain and Simple.

·
Registered
5 Posts
AI is the man

OK yes he does whine to the refs about no calls and yes he get's pissed when the ball should go to him and it doesn't. But would you rather have kieth van horn on your squad who could give a rat's *** who takes the big shot!

AI shows no fear when he goes to the hole. true he shoots alot of free throws, but he definately get's dissed when he is hit on the arm while shooting jumpers. (AI and ray allen both kick there legs out when shooting jumpers, but AI rarely gets the call. He is abused even when shooting three pointers. He is a big time player that deserves to be at the line 15-20 times a game.

Again, let's stop *****in about practice. AI comes to play everyday and gives 120% every game. He never takes a game off. He plays hurt all year long. HE IS THE HEART OF OUR TEAM! He wanst to win and is not ashamed to let people know. And lastly, I would rather lose a game playin full speed, giving 120% and shooting 35x's a game.

·
Fomer Admins are Kewl!
15,460 Posts
Re: AI is the man

Originally posted by Baggs10
OK yes he does whine to the refs about no calls and yes he get's pissed when the ball should go to him and it doesn't.

AI shows no fear when he goes to the hole. true he shoots alot of free throws, but he definately get's dissed when he is hit on the arm while shooting jumpers.

Again, let's stop *****in about practice. AI comes to play everyday and gives 120% every game. He never takes a game off. He plays hurt all year long. HE IS THE HEART OF OUR TEAM! He wants to win and is not ashamed to let people know. And lastly, I would rather lose a game playin full speed, giving 120% and shooting 35x's a game.
I agree with some of the things you are saying but lets break this down. He gets pissed when someone else is passed the ball. THat is plain and simple letting you know he is a selfish player.
Why shouldnt we complain about his practice habits. We as fans put our hard earned money into seeing a finished product and by him not going to practice is not giving us a finished product. The team doesnt know how to play with him, when he gets in to the games everything runs through him. He dont practice so plays cant be drawn up. by the way shooting 38.8% is not acceptable PERIOD

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
overall..........

from Iverson we have established several things. He does have a heart and does want to win. But we don't know if he really does all that he can to make himself win. By not showing up to practice, not only is that bad for yourself, but it really is a bad example for the younger players on the team. If he would attend practice, the chemistry would most defintely be better. Maybe if he was at practice, the plays would flow mroe smoothly and he would have better scoring oppurtunites thus increasing his shooting percentage. And he is selfish, he wants the ball every possesion, and that is good to be confident, but to express this verbally and show disgust in your teamates is disrespectful to them. They are working their @$$e$ off to give you an oppurunity to score 80% of the time, and that other 20% you are whining because your not getting the ball. Thats jsut got to stop, show some decency and accept the game invovles teamwork.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought he only missed like 2 practices. Whats 2 practices? That doesn't eliminate the 600 other practices.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
whoa, whoa whoa................

The other 600 practices? We are talking about he missed 3,4, or 5 practices in a year/season. How many days do you think the team gets in a year to practice. You have 82 games, plus exhibition games, plus non stop travel. SO every practice counts.

Plus do you see Kobe, T-Mac, or Tim Duncan saying that 2 practices doesnt mean anything. From the past we can look at the players who have done such foolish things as oversleep and miss practice. DOes Isiah Rider ring a bell. He was thought out to be a superstar ( though not as much as iverson) and missing practices ruined his entire career. SO yes it does mean something, and you can't give exceptons to certain practices. If 2 practices and the other 600 are what matter, why not have 600 practices instead of 602 ( im not saying there were 600 practices, im giving an example.)

·
Fomer Admins are Kewl!
15,460 Posts
Originally posted by CrazyIverson
I thought he only missed like 2 practices. Whats 2 practices? That doesn't eliminate the 600 other practices.
Remember what Larry Brown said at that Press Conference. He said "PRACTICE" more times then he was there and he said practice 17 times. So that is telling me that he is very non-comitted to winning. Not to compare him to anyone else but the best never stop trying to get better. did you hear Kobe's comment. "After they won some of their guys were back lifting and practicing after they won the championship. AI will NEVER do such a thing.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
600 practices:laugh: funny me. I was just giving an example too. I agree Beez. I think if A.I. won a championship then he would be to laid back the next season and wouldn't try as hard.

·
Beer Drinker!!!
8,247 Posts
Weather u LOVE him or HATE him Ivy is AWESOME,which gives him the POWER to do whatever he wants!

I like him!!!!!!!:upset:

·
Fomer Admins are Kewl!
15,460 Posts
Originally posted by HEATLUNATIC
Weather u LOVE him or HATE him Ivy is AWESOME,which gives him the POWER to do whatever he wants!

I like him!!!!!!!:upset:
But as a heat fan you dont have to put up with his attitude toward practice and his 39% shooting

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
Iverson has all the skills to take his team to a championship, it just a matter of time.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
well......

You can say that about many players, lots of players have the skills to bring their team to a championship. But that time could be determined by how much they put into it. Iverson hasn't worked at practice so thats an excuse for us, I want to know that he tried his hardest and still came up short.

·
Fomer Admins are Kewl!
15,460 Posts
Re: well......

Originally posted by (-) 0 † § I-I () †
I want to know that he tried his hardest and still came up short.
That sure does seem to be the case with his wife. he must be coming up short. ANyway I have heard encouraging news that he has been working out over the summer. I dont know how treu that is but if that is the case then that would be huge. He should start from this point in his career to emulate Isiah Thomas. He could really excel in that type of roll. knowing Iverson that wouldnt be beneficial to him because he would have to shoot 20 times a game against 30 times and you know he needs his 30 shots.:sigh:

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
lol

good call

I hope he is really trying to come back and show those reporters wrong, they should just give him the MVP (riiiiiight) he is an unpredicatable player but if he turned his role to that of Isiah it would be awesome he could really do a job if he did that.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Iverson is going to get arrested!

I was watching Fox Sports Net and the police got a warrant for Iversons arrest. He forced his way into someones apartment while holding a handgun in his hand.

Oh **** the sixers are in trouble!

·
Fomer Admins are Kewl!
15,460 Posts
Re: Iverson is going to get arrested!

Originally posted by Malakian
I was watching Fox Sports Net and the police got a warrant for Iversons arrest. He forced his way into someones apartment while holding a handgun in his hand.

Oh **** the sixers are in trouble!
if its true it wont matter he wont serve any jail time. He is always getting himself into things. Oh well:sigh:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts