Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
Great article, Justin.

It seems like Griddons and Case will gte booed in Norman and maybe Stillwater for them choosing Kansas over their schools. AKA Ryan Robertson who is from STL, and Raef, Collison,a dn Hinrich over ISU. Hinrich actually committed to ISU first.

But anyways great article.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
You better hope he's good

because Case won't be. I've read that they only signed him so OSU wouldn't. He's 160 pounds, he'll need to get a lot bigger to play in the Big XII. In a less physical conference I could see him having some success, but still not that much. He'll be a backup pointguard for his career. He doesn't have the body to play starter's minutes. Giddens isn't as good as MU's likely wing player to sign in this class, Olu Famutimi. Hope you have fun when he's dunking over Giddens twice a year.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Hollis Price is a special player

That guy's got serious skill. Whether or not Case does is questioned by many. He doesn't even crack most top 200 lists. I've even heard that he may not be in the top 400. I don't know how reliable that is, but it does show that he's not a blue chip recruit, or even close.

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
True about case, he is small. There is a season called his senior year to bulk up and improve. Dunking over? Just wait and see. I think Coach Snyder is a good recruit, and he is showing it at Missouri. But, I have on reservation. Seems like his prize ones could not even play and are dumb enough to lose his offer. Plus the up and coming Juniors has not live up to their expectation yet.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Let me chime in here...Jeremy Case is a very confusing committment to the Kansas program. After watching him and the Athletes First team, I left there wondering why in the world he is going to be a Jayhawk.

Apparently the scholarship is a family related situation. I didn't get any details but it came from a credible source.

Now to the Olu vs JR debate. It will be fun to watch if Olu goes to Mizzou. I talked with Ron Flaska, an Arkansas assistant coach, about the two players.

First of all, Arkansas really thinks that they are in the run for Olu. So if they land him, the whole debate is invalid. But assuming Missiouri does get him, it will be a good battle between the two.

Flaska said Giddens has better hops and plays better defense. Olu, however, has a better shot. But when it comes down to it, the matchup is pretty even. Giddens has been slept on for way too long. I wouldn't be surprised if he and Olu are All Americans at the season's end.

·
Registered
7,590 Posts
Case is the son of Oklahoma City U. basketball coach Win Case....

Anyway, he is a top 5 player in Oklahoma this year, (although that's nothing compared to last year's class with 5 or 6 top 100, including Sheldon Williams, DeAngelo Alexander, Kevin Bookout, Kelenna Azuibuke, Julius Lamptey.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts