Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

In today's Raptor Game Armstrong said something I have long believed:

Murray has no Value on the Market to get you something in return so the raptors only chip to play is Mo Pete + and expiring Montross Contract.agreed

Mo Pete = $1,646,079
Montross = $2,960,000
=================
Total 4.6 Million

perhaps you throw in a Moiso/Baxter to make it happen.

Raps would pick up an interior player with some type of baggage. (over paid, inconsistent, older, trouble maker or some reason for another GM to want a change).

who? According to rumors.
<b>kurt Thomas 5.3 Million</b> - a little undersized - does Isaiah even want to deal with the Raps?
<b>Nazr Mohammed 5.0 Million</b> - Atlanta could use Mo Pete and a change - may work for both
<b>Nikoloz Tskitishvili 2.7 Millon</b> young 7 footer not a real inside player but perhaps they could work with that poential.
<b>Cliff Robinson 4.7Mill</b> - KO has dreams of his interior Defense - he's a 6'10 Curry but he is from the bay area and might not want to finish his career in the snow.
<b>Brendan Haywood 1.25 MIL</b> - Form NC running mate of Vince might fit in well along side Bosh as a shot blocking tandem. Washington has Kwame and Etan Thomas so ...

Armstrong went on to say <b>"...the Raps have to make a trade.." agreed

"...They'll have to bite the bullet move Mo and play Murray or Mason Jr. who he (JA) feel is a shooting gaurd. agreed

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
Originally posted by <b>charlz</b>!
who? According to rumors.
<b>kurt Thomas 5.3 Million</b> - a little undersized - does Isaiah even want to deal with the Raps?
<b>Nazr Mohammed 5.0 Million</b> - Atlanta could use Mo Pete and a change - may work for both
<b>Nikoloz Tskitishvili 2.7 Millon</b> young 7 footer not a real inside player but perhaps they could work with that poential.
<b>Cliff Robinson 4.7Mill</b> - KO has dreams of his interior Defense - he's a 6'10 Curry but he is from the bay area and might not want to finish his career in the snow.
<b>Brendan Haywood 1.25 MIL</b> - Form NC running mate of Vince might fit in well along side Bosh as a shot blocking tandem. Washington has Kwame and Etan Thomas so ...
personally, i'd want skita. he's gained a couple of inches as well as some weight and could be a good big body for the raps in the future.

however, in terms of need we'd want Kurt Thomas of course, but i don't see us getting KT simply for Mo + Montross. other teams can offer alot more than that and i doubt NY couldn't care less about the cap with the way they're throwing money around.

there's Mohammed who is an ok choice. there's something about him that makes me think he wouldn't fit in with o'neill's system :dontknow:

Uncle Cliff? shyea, right. and monkeys fly out of my butt [/wayne]

Haywood? he's having a tough time beating out Etan Thomas for the starting C job in Washington. :dead:

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Re: Re: Jack Armstrong: Mo Pete likely done as a Rap.

Haywood? he's having a tough time beating out Etan Thomas for the starting C job in Washington. :dead:
well Etan Thomas is playing very well.

I dont' want Skita because he's a shooter with OK defense and lack of bulk. he can't play the 5, can barely play the 4 and would take quite a while to develop.

i want KT but Montross+MoPete won't cut it. plus the knicks now need another big body. i would like mohammad. definitely.

haywood would be nice to get, dunno if he's available though. uncle cliffy is a nice addition, but he's on the downside of his career.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Ok, since there was a thread about Nikoloz Tskitishvili stating he is a player we need. Since trick, the intelligent voice, prefers Nikoloz Tskitishvilli, my eyes are all on him considering how the other requested players for Mo Pete either suck, or they aren't the puzzle that would fit into our club, or they are just too old.

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Mattsanity</b>!
Ok, since there was a thread about Nikoloz Tskitishvili stating he is a player we need. Since trick, the intelligent voice, prefers Nikoloz Tskitishvilli, my eyes are all on him considering how the other requested players for Mo Pete either suck, or they aren't the puzzle that would fit into our club, or they are just too old.
ack, i said personally.

if you read it over, you'll notice i pointed out the ones whom we do need.

·
STL4LIFE
5,841 Posts
if we trade Mo Pete who is comes of the bench to add offence and perimeter shooting?

keep this crew give Archi and Baxter plenty of minutes at C/PF unbtil Bradley returns.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I would love it if the Raps got Skita. I see good things coming from this dude.

Peterson does have to go, but if they could get a real centre, that would be best. Haywood would be alright. Maybe someone like Tsaklidas or Gadzuric or somoe to take up space.

·
Tru Warier
13,699 Posts
Do we have to make a trade to get rid of MoPete? We doing fine right now with him, why make a trade? :cry:
And most important thing is that he likes playing as a Rap! I don't care if we're going over the cap, sign him for another year!!

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by <b>Yao Mania</b>!
Do we have to make a trade to get rid of MoPete? We doing fine right now with him, why make a trade? :cry:
And most important thing is that he likes playing as a Rap! I don't care if we're going over the cap, sign him for another year!!
what if the Raps can't/don't resign him? Better to get something while you can - esp if you can move Murray.

How much does Mo Pete command going in to next year?

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
do you guys think he deserves the full mle? (4.5 mil)

·
Registered
668 Posts
I don't think he is worth the MLE. He's so inconsistent. HE has one good shooting game, then the next time out he'll miss everything, and looks brutal. I think he's worth a mil or 2 per season. Maybe he just needs a change of scenery. He's had a rough year and a bit with the Raps, with getting demoted to the bench and everything, it must take its toll on him. I'd still like to see the Raps move him, and get some more size.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
I can't see any team out there using the MLE for a player like MoP who is an average SG/SF.

The MLE is for impact players since most teams are over the cap and have no other means to sign FA's.

If Mo's current role with the Raps is how we plan to use him in the future it would crazy to pay him more than 3 mill.

How many years do we want to sign him for? 5 or 6? That might be how we keep him. A longer term deal than other teams would offer. You just can't give him full raises each year or the ending money becomes ridiculous.

·
Chillin'
20,141 Posts
There's no way he gets the MLE. Tskita isn't coming here for Mo, as already stated in an older thread.... there's just too slim of a chance for a guy with such mad potential.

Haywood would be a good pickup, however. He's not that bad at all when starting and I think that he, like Mo, needs a change of scenery. If we could trade Mo for Haywood and either a 2nd rounder or filler, I'd be very happy with that.

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
i see Mo as our Bruce Bowen.

the only reason why i would want him on our team is because of his d, which seems to get better and better every year.

he's one of those intangibles that you'd like to have if you want to advance in the playoffs.

plus it doesn't hurt to have a 3pt shooter out there to pass to ;)

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Originally posted by <b>trick</b>!
i see Mo as our Bruce Bowen.

the only reason why i would want him on our team is because of his d, which seems to get better and better every year.

he's one of those intangibles that you'd like to have if you want to advance in the playoffs.

plus it doesn't hurt to have a 3pt shooter out there to pass to ;)

uhh mo is way more talented then bruce.. cmon man that's a horrible comparison

and why are you guys talking about the mle when he's on our team. ever hear of the larry bird rule?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts