Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has never missed a fg attempt or foul shot ever! and he currently leads the NBA in points per minute. Jackie Butler is the future of the NY Knicks! he scored 6 points in 2 minutes tonight. and 2 points in 30 seconds his 1st game. 3-3 from the floor and 2-2 from the line. The sky is the limit :biggrin: :gossip: :razz:

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pinball said:
Lol! You sure that's not Mike Sweetney with a moustache? :wink:
It's funny how his body type really is very similiar to Sweetneys. :biggrin:

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
"Jackie" is a girl's name.

That's all I got. But I'm certain he'll never make it in this league.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Minstrel said:
That's all I got. But I'm certain he'll never make it in this league.
He's very young and very big. and had very good numbers in the NBDL. I wouldnt dismiss him that easily.

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
Fordy74 said:
He's very young and very big. and had very good numbers in the NBDL. I wouldnt dismiss him that easily.
I would. In fact, I just did.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
I remember reading an article about this guy in ESPN the Magazine. He was quite a HS player.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
RP McMurphy said:
I would. In fact, I just did.
any particular reason? or is just the fact that RP Mcmurphy dismisses Jackie Butler's potential at age 19 enough to convince the world that Butler has no future without any specific reason? I'm sorry, I dont know anything about you, so could you please add a few more details as to why this kid has zero potential? Or at the very least get someone who knows you to confirm that if RP Mcmurphy says a player isnt going to ever be any good than that's all you need to know. thanks.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
ToddMacCulloch11 said:
128 points/48 minutes! mvp! mvp!
Wait...if he's considered an mvp candidate....would he...could he be considered as.....

.....the GOAT?

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
Fordy74 said:
any particular reason? or is just the fact that RP Mcmurphy dismisses Jackie Butler's potential at age 19 enough to convince the world that Butler has no future without any specific reason? I'm sorry, I dont know anything about you, so could you please add a few more details as to why this kid has zero potential? Or at the very least get someone who knows you to confirm that if RP Mcmurphy says a player isnt going to ever be any good than that's all you need to know. thanks.
I assumed (from the grinning smiley faces in your first two posts) that you just posted this thread as a joke, and I was just playing along. I didn't realize you're seriously excited about a guy who has played a grand total of three minutes in his NBA career.

No need to go ballistic.

Reactions: Tersk

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
Vermillion said:
Wait...if he's considered an mvp candidate....would he...could he be considered as.....

.....the GOAT?
There's only one GOAT, and it's Earl Manigault.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
RP McMurphy said:
I assumed (from the grinning smiley faces in your first two posts) that you just posted this thread as a joke, and I was just playing along. I didn't realize you're seriously excited about a guy who has played a grand total of three minutes in his NBA career.

No need to go ballistic.
the smilies were for the points per minute and his perfection so far in limited minutes as a joke that he is going to keep being perfect and become a superstar. It was a joke. However, that does not mean there is zero chance he will actually become a good player. Not sure I went ballistic at any point in this thread. Im just a bit curious why there is zero chance at him becoming a good player at age 19. I was hyping him up as a joke, but the truth is no one knows yet what or who he is and what he is going to become.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Jackie Butler actually not only was playing very well in the NBDL but he also did VERY well at the Chicago pre-draft camp, so well in fact he went from being predicted as a total non pick to a mid 2nd round projection on most mocks but he didn't get drafted. I do think the kid could turn out decent though, he's got plenty of talent.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts