Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know much about this guy. He puts up good stats in limited min. Is it bc hes playing in garbage time or does he have some bright future? (had he gone to college he would be a sofmore.)

·
X-Mas Taker
8,947 Posts
i think he has a bright future , he has good touch , a very good passer, he's strong, i think he may be an oakley lite soon enough , i just dont know if he has a future in ny with frye, i would like to see him get traded to a team that can start him in a year or so like the hawks .

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Da Grinch said:
i think he has a bright future , he has good touch , a very good passer, he's strong, i think he may be an oakley lite soon enough , i just dont know if he has a future in ny with frye, i would like to see him get traded to a team that can start him in a year or so like the hawks .
isnt he playing center.why cant he be currys backup for years and if curry has health problems then start. the knicks frontcoutrt or curry butler frye and lee cann be around for at least 10 years

·
Registered
981 Posts
He's nothing like Oakley...

He has soft hands and great post offense but his tenacity and defense are not in the same universe as Oaks. He is a low post player who will probably be a good backup or low level starter at center in the future.

·
Registered
173 Posts
He has OK feet---not very fast, but fluid. In his limited exposure, you can see that he has Great Hands. He doesn't have the great "Center Size", but he looks pretty physical. He seems very willing, and he's surprisingly polished with the ball. From what I've seen, he can finish plays. That all adds up to a pretty nice combination for a 19 year old guy!---He's gonna have a decent NBA career.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WTChan said:
Would yous compare him to Diop? He's actually a good backup this year.
i think diop can be a very good player. he has shown flashes of greatness. hes been held back by foul trouble. hes probaly the best shot blocker min. for min. in the leauge and is a great rebounder. his offense comes from his incredible strength and athleticism. i wanted the knicks to get him instead of james, but i guess he was too much of a risk

·
X-Mas Taker
8,947 Posts
majew16 said:
isnt he playing center.why cant he be currys backup for years and if curry has health problems then start. the knicks frontcoutrt or curry butler frye and lee cann be around for at least 10 years
he is a little short to be a fulltime center , for curry you kind of want a backup who could start for stretches if you can manage it.

he is more of a post oriented 4, the problem is the knicks have a bunch of 4's and he is just 20 years old , he has to wait for his time to come because he isn't such an athlete or so highly touted that he just has to get time, so he doesn't . i have the feeling that if he played more he would be decent in a backup role right now and an eventual starter in a year or so.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts