Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Re: OT:LJIII & M-Jax both are starters and had great performace.

jarkid said:
Thanks for your comfort. But we really need big men.
Absolutely.. Marc Jackson just didn't seem like the right guy on the current New Jersey Nets roster, so I won't complain about him having succes on another team... :)

·
Registered
10,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Stefan Nellemoes said:
Absolutely.. Marc Jackson just didn't seem like the right guy on the current New Jersey Nets roster, so I won't complain about him having succes on another team... :)
what should we do if Nenad, Collins, Cliffy encounter foul trouble in playoffs, we really need big men, but we can not sign Robert Traylor.

·
Registered
907 Posts

jarkid said:
what should we do if Nenad, Collins, Cliffy encounter foul trouble in playoffs, we really need big men, but we can not sign Robert Traylor.
Well.. I am danish afterall, so: Sign Chris Christoffersen :biggrin: .. 7'2, can move well.. Won't give you any stats at all, besides good fouls.. http://www.bigchris.dk/ :biggrin:

No?..

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Re: Jackson, Johnson Combine for 40

NetIncome said:
Jackson 24, Johnson 16 in NOK's win over Memphis. I dont miss Jackson, but I do think Johnson had potential.
I disagree. I REALLY miss MJax right now than I do with LJ III. MJax is the big body we need off the bench now. The past couple of games, particularly the Minny and Hawks games, shows how vulnerable we are when Twin and Krstic are in foul trouble. We desperately need another big off the bench.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts

Good job for them. I'm glad they're in a place where they can get the opportunity to show themselves and play to their potential. They just wouldn't have gotten the opportunity here, and I'm sure they're both happy to be getting it there. Even with Frank's recent change in bench play, I still think they are better off in NOK where they can get more playing time and more of an opportunity.

While it would have been nice to have them coming off the bench, Jackson especially as another big-body, I doubt that they would have been able to perform as they have been for the Hornets without the playing time that they're getting now. All-in-all, I'm happy for them.

·
Registered
13,167 Posts

AND1NBA said:
I disagree. I REALLY miss MJax right now than I do with LJ III. MJax is the big body we need off the bench now. The past couple of games, particularly the Minny and Hawks games, shows how vulnerable we are when Twin and Krstic are in foul trouble. We desperately need another big off the bench.
Sure don't seem to miss him. Nets are 13-5 since the trade. Hornets are 5-12.

·
Registered
13,167 Posts

BigThree said:
Good job for them. I'm glad they're in a place where they can get the opportunity to show themselves and play to their potential. They just wouldn't have gotten the opportunity here, and I'm sure they're both happy to be getting it there. Even with Frank's recent change in bench play, I still think they are better off in NOK where they can get more playing time and more of an opportunity.

While it would have been nice to have them coming off the bench, Jackson especially as another big-body, I doubt that they would have been able to perform as they have been for the Hornets without the playing time that they're getting now. All-in-all, I'm happy for them.
The trade was predicated on the Nets freeing up space for Tim Thomas. So all things considered, it was a bad trade...at least for now. Nets do save $2.4 million in salary next season and have the $2.05 million trade exception. So if the Nets trade a draft choice and the TE to get someone decent, it may yet work out.

·
Registered
866 Posts

Mark Jackson's offense, at least what I remember seeing of him, was limited to setting up in the post and shooting turn around jumpers. He had one game where they went down for him, he built confidence and even shot the mid-range pretty well. Before the Nets, I knew him to be a post scorer and mid-range guy in Philly, but when he came to the Nets, it seemed like that all disappeared. Not only did his offense disappear, but his lack of defense made me question whether he could play for our team. He got beat by Etan Thomas in both games he played against the Wizards. He looked slow, much slower than Jason Collins, though I never considered Collins to be quick.

Linton Johnson though, he was a big athletic body. I'd imagine he could finish if he ran the floor, but all I remember of him was his bad hands. I knew nothing about him but I heard he could rebound. I trust Lawrence Frank though because he wouldn't be on the bench without a reason.

·
Premium Member
69,620 Posts

LJIII looks good in a hornets uniform. The guy was launching and making jumpers. Skying for rebounds, decent defense on whoever he was guarding, quite frankly he looked like a completely different player out there.

·
Registered
6,449 Posts

MJax only puts up great numbers in losing efforts. Last yr he started a lot of games for the Sixers & their record wasn't really that good.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts

neoxsupreme said:
MJax only puts up great numbers in losing efforts. Last yr he started a lot of games for the Sixers & their record wasn't really that good.
i refer you to this thread. which highlights a game wherein marc jackson put up very good numbers in a winning effort. which is why the thread was started.

·
Banned
4,647 Posts
They both suck, and they both have been sucking, since coming to the Hornets.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.