Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Oladipo for the people
48,149 Posts
I'm actually laughing uncontrollably right now.

How about I give you a minute and you figure out your final stance on Josh Smith. Are you going to admit that you were wrong and he didn't hurt the Rockets or were you right and he did hurt the Rockets by playing poorly and getting benched. Don't start buttering both side of the bread now. It'll slip out of your hand and then nobody can eat it after it hits the ground.

As for Lance go back to the thread and read the reasoning I gave for why he would help OKC. They needed a 3rd scoring option that can create his own shot and hopefully create shots for others. Someone that they missed ever since Harden left. They went out and got Waiters who was an iso scorer and a penetrator which is exactly the type of player I said they needed. I'll concede and say that I wasn't expecting OKC being able to turn Reggie Jackson into Enes Kanter. If I knew that was a possible trade I would've jumped on that seeing I've been a big Kanter fan and have been saying that the Raptors should've acquired him.

Btw, I'm waiting for you to address this thread. You want to tell everyone that you were wrong about Harris leaving Orlando or are you going to keep spinning things to save face?
What? Buttering my bread? You said Josh Smith single handedly saved the Rockets season. You said that didn't you? Just answer yes or no. I don't need to hear how I'm cracking my eggs twice while you dance away from foolish things you've said.

And if you want me to go back to that OKC thread about Lance, do you want me to quote your post where you conceded you didn't even really know who Reggie Jackson was when you made the trade offer? I can do that if you'd like.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,149 Posts
I'm giving him his medicine. A bad kid like him needs to be spanked from time to time.
This is like the third time we've had debates where Irwin tells us to shut up and you jump on it like a life preserver acting like someone's teaming up with you.

It's actually pretty sad.

·
Premium Member
100,006 Posts
I am surprised Harris is back, especially with Skiles as the head coach. With that said, let's not forget that the Magic tried to give his money and roster spot to Paul Millsap and struck out. Option A was to let Harris go, so let's not gloss over that.

I really wish they had let him go too, especially with Aaron Gordon looking ready to play this season.

·
Registered
10,057 Posts
What? Buttering my bread? You said Josh Smith single handedly saved the Rockets season. You said that didn't you? Just answer yes or no. I don't need to hear how I'm cracking my eggs twice while you dance away from foolish things you've said.

And if you want me to go back to that OKC thread about Lance, do you want me to quote your post where you conceded you didn't even really know who Reggie Jackson was when you made the trade offer? I can do that if you'd like.
Did you not watch the playoffs dude? Without Josh Smith the Rockets would've been done in 6 games against the Clippers.

The guy averaged 12 and 6 with a couple assists, a block and a steal in 25 min. For 2 mil a year you're an idiot for even arguing this. This is what I don't get with people. You have Daryl Morey who managed to build a Rockets team that finished 2nd best in the West (as well as being a top team at the time of the trades) while missing 3 of their starters (Dwight, Jones, Beverley) for most of the season. Instead of thinking that the moves he makes are likely good moves, people actually praised Van Gundy and his struggling Pistons for making panic moves and thinking they were great moves. And they were not good moves like I said at the time. Finishing with 32 wins and getting the 8th pick when you were something like 20 games under .500 is stupid no matter how you look it. The problem is compounded when you consider that you lost one of your best players for nothing because you failed at recognizing that the guy's leaving even when he signed a qualifying offer instead of a multi year extension.

Picking up Josh Smith as well as getting Corey Brewer were Genius moves with a capital G. Anyone who doesn't see this don't know shit about the NBA, period.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,149 Posts
Did you not watch the playoffs dude? Without Josh Smith the Rockets would've been done in 6 games against the Clippers.

The guy averaged 12 and 6 with a couple assists, a block and a steal in 25 min. For 2 mil a year you're an idiot for even arguing this. This is what I don't get with people. You have Daryl Morey who managed to build a Rockets team that finished 2nd best in the West (as well as being a top team at the time of the trades) while missing 3 of their starters (Dwight, Jones, Beverley) for most of the season. Instead of thinking that the moves he makes are likely good moves, people actually praised Van Gundy and his struggling Pistons for making panic moves and thinking they were great moves. And they were not good moves like I said at the time. Finishing with 32 wins and getting the 8th pick when you were something like 20 games under .500 is stupid no matter how you look it. The problem is compounded when you consider that you lost one of your best players for nothing because you failed at recognizing that the guy's leaving even when he signed a qualifying offer instead of a multi year extension.

Picking up Josh Smith as well as getting Corey Brewer were Genius moves with a capital G. Anyone who doesn't see this don't know shit about the NBA, period.
I see when I brought up quoting your post saying you weren't really aware of who Reggie Jackson was, you dropped the Basketball Guru act. Smart move.

Morey got Smith for nothing because the Pistons were actively trying to dump him and couldn't find a taker. He was absolutely not one of the Pistons best players. He thought he was though, which is the exact reason they did that deal.

Also, you said Josh Smith saved their season. Season. Now we're talking about a specific playoff series instead of him saving their season like you said. Why?

Smith can get hot. I've seen him do it against the Pacers in a couple series. I also saw him shoot the Hawks out of said series against the Pacers. There's plenty of posters around here who wouldn't take Josh Smith, JR Smith, or a guy like Lance Stephenson for free. Quite often they do more harm than good for their squad. And that's the exact point why we say we wouldn't take them on our teams. There's GM's who agree, and others who always think they can fix said players.

When Josh Smith, JR Smith, Lance Stephenson or JaVale McGee wins a title as a meaningful piece, I'll gladly eat my words.

·
Tangible
14,515 Posts
I am surprised Harris is back, especially with Skiles as the head coach. With that said, let's not forget that the Magic tried to give his money and roster spot to Paul Millsap and struck out. Option A was to let Harris go, so let's not gloss over that.

I really wish they had let him go too, especially with Aaron Gordon looking ready to play this season.
They probably sold him on some win-win bullshit. He gets the contract he wants and they get an asset for trade purposes. Sucks for Gordon and Hezonja because they need those minutes to develop.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,149 Posts
They probably sold him on some win-win bullshit. He gets the contract he wants and they get an asset for trade purposes. Sucks for Gordon and Hezonja because they need those minutes to develop.
Exactly. I don't get this move unless they're going to package him somewhere.

He doesn't fit the team, and kind of made it clear he'd like to move on. Caught me by surprise when he signed.

·
Registered
10,057 Posts
I see when I brought up quoting your post saying you weren't really aware of who Reggie Jackson was, you dropped the Basketball Guru act. Smart move.
It's really sad that you have to keep bringing up this one tidbit over and over again. I have a library of things that you were wrong about and you have this one tiny thing.

And btw, let me refresh your memory. In that thread I acknowledged that I wasn't aware that Jackson was averaging 16 points a game. I knew who he was but I didn't know he was having a breakout season. At which point our conversation shifted and we went on a multi page discussion where you tried to sell me that Perry Jones was a key contributor for the Thunder bench when in fact he didn't even play off the bench. You weren't even aware of Durant's absence where Jones was forced to be a starter. Of course this conversation ended in a barrel of laughs as a string of DNPs and garbage minutes became the norm for both Jones and Lamb. Things got so bad for Jones that he wasn't even playing much after Durant was out for the year. I don't know why you aren't shutting up after being so wrong. You can't possibly be more wrong about this. If we're in the business of arguing who knew more about the Thunder I don't even think it's comparable.

Also, you said Josh Smith saved their season. Season. Now we're talking about a specific playoff series instead of him saving their season like you said. Why?
Without Josh Smith, Rockets lose in Conference semis and season ends. With Josh Smith, they move on into the conference finals. Is this that difficult to follow?

When Josh Smith, JR Smith, Lance Stephenson or JaVale McGee wins a title as a meaningful piece, I'll gladly eat my words.
I guess when you tell people that they don't value chemistry and how Josh Smith hurts chemistry and then he doesn't you're not going eat those words.

It's okay R-Star. I understand.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,149 Posts
It's really sad that you have to keep bringing up this one tidbit over and over again. I have a library of things that you were wrong about and you have this one tiny thing.

And btw, let me refresh your memory. In that thread I acknowledged that I wasn't aware that Jackson was averaging 16 points a game. I knew who he was but I didn't know he was having a breakout season. At which point our conversation shifted and we went on a multi page discussion where you tried to sell me that Perry Jones was a key contributor for the Thunder bench when in fact he didn't even play off the bench. You weren't even aware of Durant's absence where Jones was forced to be a starter. Of course this conversation ended in a barrel of laughs as a string of DNPs and garbage minutes became the norm for both Jones and Lamb. Things got so bad for Jones that he wasn't even playing much after Durant was out for the year. I don't know why you aren't shutting up after being so wrong. You can't possibly be more wrong about this. If we're in the business of arguing who knew more about the Thunder I don't even think it's comparable.

Without Josh Smith, Rockets lose in Conference semis and season ends. With Josh Smith, they move on into the conference finals. Is this that difficult to follow?

I guess when you tell people that they don't value chemistry and how Josh Smith hurts chemistry and then he doesn't you're not going eat those words.

It's okay R-Star. I understand.
Buddy, you literally said he saves their season, and then, after putting in an apostrophe, said he also had a good playoffs. So no, you were literally saying he saved their regular season.

And I didn't know Perry Jones was starting because Durant was injured? It's literally in multiple posts that I said that's why he was important. Because he was injury insurance.

Now, did he play like absolute garbage when Durant got back and lose his role on the team entirely? Yea. Guy wasn't the important role player on the team I thought he was. And Lamb has probably been the biggest let down for guys I was rooting for in years. He has the body to be a great 2 guard in this league, yet he can't seem to put it together. I'm hoping a change of scenery jump starts him. I'm still crossing my fingers, but not holding my breath.

There's the difference though. I can say when I'm wrong. You say **** like "I wasn't wrong. They traded for Waiters which is the same!" No man. It's not. You were wrong. Really, really ****ing wrong. Hell, even in this thread there's been 2 posters to jump in saying they're surprised Harris is back in Orlando. Yet here you are, running your god damn mouth like you always do acting like I was dumb to say he'd be gone.

There's a reason no one outside of myself and Irwin quote you. No one wants to talk to you. If anything, it's a huge insult to myself that I'm included in that list.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,149 Posts
What is it with @XxIrvingxX and his need to drop into random threads and tell people to shut up?
He's the enforcer around here. You don't watch it and he'll put you in your place man.

I'd debate with him, but as he's already pointed out, I'm afraid of confrontation with other posters...

·
Registered
10,057 Posts
Buddy, you literally said he saves their season, and then, after putting in an apostrophe, said he also had a good playoffs. So no, you were literally saying he saved their regular season.

And I didn't know Perry Jones was starting because Durant was injured? It's literally in multiple posts that I said that's why he was important. Because he was injury insurance.

Now, did he play like absolute garbage when Durant got back and lose his role on the team entirely? Yea. Guy wasn't the important role player on the team I thought he was. And Lamb has probably been the biggest let down for guys I was rooting for in years. He has the body to be a great 2 guard in this league, yet he can't seem to put it together. I'm hoping a change of scenery jump starts him. I'm still crossing my fingers, but not holding my breath.

There's the difference though. I can say when I'm wrong. You say **** like "I wasn't wrong. They traded for Waiters which is the same!" No man. It's not. You were wrong. Really, really ****ing wrong. Hell, even in this thread there's been 2 posters to jump in saying they're surprised Harris is back in Orlando. Yet here you are, running your god damn mouth like you always do acting like I was dumb to say he'd be gone.

There's a reason no one outside of myself and Irwin quote you. No one wants to talk to you. If anything, it's a huge insult to myself that I'm included in that list.
Good, then say you're wrong instead of telling me that "Oh but everyone else was wrong TOO." Heres the difference between you and them. They give their point without telling people that they're idiots for disagreeing with them, you do. When you do something like that and then you end up being wrong (which comically this year is almost every single time) then I or somebody else will bring it out and swing it in front of your face and laugh at you.

It's funny that you are trying to save face by force-twisting something I said into something that clearly makes no sense. The Rockets regular season was never in danger you idiot, their post season was. It would be one thing if the Rockets were struggling and I said that Josh Smith turned it around when in fact somebody else did. The Rockets never actually struggled this year during the regular season. For them struggling is being 15 games over .500 instead of 25 games. For you to misunderstand the point just further shows how intellectually inept at basketball discussions.

That's why I found it funny in the first place when people criticized the moves made by a GM of a team that was leading the conference at the time.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,149 Posts
Good, then say you're wrong instead of telling me that "Oh but everyone else was wrong TOO." Heres the difference between you and them. They give their point without telling people that they're idiots for disagreeing with them, you do. When you do something like that and then you end up being wrong (which comically this year is almost every single time) then I or somebody else will bring it out and swing it in front of your face and laugh at you.

It's funny that you are trying to save face by force-twisting something I said into something that clearly makes no sense. The Rockets regular season was never in danger you idiot, their post season was. It would be one thing if the Rockets were struggling and I said that Josh Smith turned it around when in fact somebody else did. The Rockets never actually struggled this year during the regular season. For them struggling is being 15 games over .500 instead of 25 games. For you to misunderstand the point just further shows how intellectually inept at basketball discussions.

That's why I found it funny in the first place when people criticized the moves made by a GM of a team that was leading the conference at the time.
Go back and read your post. You can try to wriggle out of it now, but you clearly said he saved their season, then went on to say he also played well in the post season. Either you meant he saved their regular season like it was somehow in jeopardy (or course not), or you were being over the top dramatic (yep), or you can't form a cogent sentence (maybe). It has absolutely nothing to do with my reading comprehension. If you doubt that, go back and read it again.

And please, don't try to align yourself with other posters. They stay away from you for a reason. Not one of them wants you acting like you know how they think. You're a ****ing slime ball. They don't think the way you do.

·
Registered
10,057 Posts
Go back and read your post. You can try to wriggle out of it now, but you clearly said he saved their season, then went on to say he also played well in the post season. Either you meant he saved their regular season like it was somehow in jeopardy (or course not), or you were being over the top dramatic (yep), or you can't form a cogent sentence (maybe). It has absolutely nothing to do with my reading comprehension. If you doubt that, go back and read it again.

And please, don't try to align yourself with other posters. They stay away from you for a reason. Not one of them wants you acting like you know how they think. You're a ****ing slime ball. They don't think the way you do.
Warning people about Josh Smith killing team chemistry and then watching him save the Rockets season and single handedly shoot the Rockets back into the conference finals.
sigh....

Whatever float your boat I guess. Anyone over the age of 10 can read this and come to the right conclusions. I feel like I don't need to further elaborate on this.

Just keep this in mind the next time you feel like jumping in when someone says something on these boards. Chances are they're right you're wrong and you should save everyone the agony of reading through your buffoonery.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,149 Posts
sigh....

Whatever float your boat I guess. Anyone over the age of 10 can read this and come to the right conclusions. I feel like I don't need to further elaborate on this.

Just keep this in mind the next time you feel like jumping in when someone says something on these boards. Chances are they're right you're wrong and you should save everyone the agony of reading through your buffoonery.
If I didn't jump in to tell you how stupid you are, who would you post with?

Honestly. List off a name of the guys you posts with back and forth here regularly. Or... is it just that you write stuff and maybe one out of ten posts gets a reply, and more often than not it's me telling you you're wrong?

Also, when Toby Harris is summarily sign and traded this summer, or by the deadline, what are you going to say then? Let me guess, we'll go into a long line of semantics and you'll still be right. Great. I just wanted to check ahead of time.

·
Look at your favorite team, now back to mine, mine
8,475 Posts
What is it with @XxIrvingxX and his need to drop into random threads and tell people to shut up?
Actually, I just wanted to use that video really badly for something on this site. Felt that was a good opportunity to do so.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts