Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a rumor posted in the rumor section on the RealGM Bulls site that Jalen Rose has been MIA from "voluntary" workouts at the Berto Center, and that he has earned more fines than Charles Oakley did last season. Has anyone heard anything else on this?

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Originally posted by <b>higginj44</b>!
There is a rumor posted in the rumor section on the RealGM Bulls site that Jalen Rose has been MIA from "voluntary" workouts at the Berto Center, and that he has earned more fines than Charles Oakley did last season. Has anyone heard anything else on this?
There is a rumor that both Kelly Hu and Jennifer Lopez came over to my apartment last night. So reportedly last night young Vin let 'East meet West and built the golden bridge'.

Rumors, shrumors.

VD

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
Didn't Jalen blow off a radio interview earlier this summer? He also called in at the last minute to the Jim Rome show. I think the guy is not the greatest on being a stickler for 'voluntary' commitments. And how could he be fined for missing a voluntary workout. There is a reason it is voluntary and those fines would be challeneged by the Players Association.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
VD,

I am certain that Bulls fans would be interested to know if there is any truth to the rumor that the only star-caliber player on the team is pulling an Allen "come on man, we are talking about practice" Iverson.

I am not so sure that the same could be said about a Kelly Hu/J-Lo/VD rumor. ;)

And, why did I know that BCH would be the first one to pop up with an "I told you so" post?

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
Let me add that this was a known issue when Larry Bird was the coach of the Pacers. When Bird was questioned about it he said that he was not going to do anything about it and just leave it for the next guy to deal with.

higginj, the reason I commented on it is because I brought this up when he was traded for. Let me also note that I seem to recall this was a Vescey nugget, so take it for what you will.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And I was merely stating that it didn't surprise me that you were on this like white on rice BEFORE we could even get a confirmation as to whether or not there is any truth to the rumor.

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
And I was merely stating that it didn't surprise me that you were on this like white on rice BEFORE we could even get a confirmation as to whether or not there is any truth to the rumor.
I always have something to say, though I may not always say it. This is good stuff though, and when prefaced with what was said by me before on the subject worth a discussion in my opinion.

·
"Meow."
5,595 Posts
Fined for skipping a voluntary practice... have any of you seen the movie Office Space?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BCH,

I have no problems with anything you have posted here. I am aware that you have raised these questions about Rose before, and I agree this discussion is relevant to those questions.

I just wish we could get some answers as to whether or not there is any truth to this particular round of rumors. My personal preference would be that we get this confirmation BEFORE we have to read eight pages of "I told you so" posts.

Just my $.02

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
BCH,

I have no problems with anything you have posted here. I am aware that you have raised these questions about Rose before, and I agree this discussion is relevant to those questions.

I just wish we could get some answers as to whether or not there is any truth to this particular round of rumors. Preferably, this confirmation will come BEFORE we have to read eight pages of "I told you so" posts.
I agee. I just don't see it getting answered by anyone. The only reason AI gets called out on skipping practice is because Larry Brown calls him out. That is Brown's business to do, but I don't see anyone in the Bulls management proactively announcing disciplinary issues with the media about anyone on their team. Krause did not enjoy the public nature of his battles with Oakley last season and the hefty 50k fine is evidence of that. So it is merely rumor and conjecture, and for all we know half the guys in the NBA could regularly be skipping practice and we would never know or care otherwise.

Let me add a small OT comment about Office Space. That movie gets funnier the older I get and the more it resembles experience in the offices I have worked at. I knew a lot of college guys when this came out and none of them liked it. We were discussing it recently and they had mentioned how hilarious it was now that they are in the working world. I imagine the Dilbert comic strip is viewed much the same way.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Small OT comment :

Gary Cole just kills me in that film - particularly when he is doing JA and he's still holding on to his coffee mug
:laugh:

·
Registered
394 Posts
What was the source for this alleged rumor? I don't mean RealGM, I mean where did the person who posted this at RealGM get his info?

And I find it very, very hard to believe that a player would be fined for missing a "voluntary" workout.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
While I love to see the guys practicing together in their free time.... I'd be more concerned about the youngsters. Reason: Simple, Jalen knows what he needs to do to keep him at the top of his game. Would it help if he's there and bonding ...Hell yeah.

Please don't point out "what kind of example" he's setting. Get to the top of your game and then stay there. The youngsters aren't there and need the work.

GO Bulls.

·
Registered
45 Posts
"I don't really like practice. I don't think I'm going to go anymore"

"So you're going to retire?"

"No, but I'm not gonna go anymore"

I can see the conversation happening now.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Some people seem to not understand the English language. A so called rumor, even from an established journalistic source is more often than not a non truth. The idea that one of a number of numerous ignoramuses who posts here or on another board says something, that is not up to the level of a rumor, which more often than not are untrue.
The mere idea that you can be fined for missing a so called voluntary workout which may or may not be happening and the incident may or may not be true is totally absurd.
If this stuff was on audio and I pointed it toward the garden, the tomato plant would be 20 feet high.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Office space.....LMAO

Originally posted by <b>C.C.C.P</b>!
Fined for skipping a voluntary practice... have any of you seen the movie Office Space?
The guy that mumbled all through the movie got the last laugh, eh? Sure not going on much with the Bulls these days, eh?

In a related note, I have seen or heard Jalen on two or three interviews this summer....have not heard any of the other Bulls tho?

Whats with the dancing bananas???:upset: :rbanana: :gbanana: :banana:

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Considering that Rose is rolling around LA getting shot at, I seriously doubt he has been making the mandatory practices. That would seem to lend some credence to this rumour.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
I always thought of the voluntary practices as being for the younger guys. They are the ones that go from 20-30 games seasons to 82+. They need the conditioning. The vets are the guys that have been dealing with the longs seasons for years and their bodies are older. I never imagined that any veteran players would attend the summer voluntary practices. Does anyone think Shaq, Webber, Payton, Garnett, Kidd or any of those dudes go to voluntary practices?

If Rose was fined for being an *** last season then that sucks. I hope he grows up for the sake of the team. A 29 year old vet not going to a voluntary practice doesn't really worry me. Him getting shot at in a super safe neighborhood is a little disconcerting...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts