Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
I like what I'm hearing from Rose. He's not going to let the young guys get away with hurting the team.

First he challenged Jwill to improve his foul shooting, saying he "choked." Now he is sending a message to Tyson: grow up.
He is doing a great job being the leader of this team. He seems to have a way of getting his point across constructivly, trying to motivate people instead of putting them down.

Hats of to Rose. He is exactly the type of guy we need to help the youngsters grow up.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Quote from the article:

"The first technical foul took root midway through the second quarter. Chandler got the ball in the post and Walker baited him, barking, 'Come on, come on. Bring it.' Two possessions later, Chandler tipped in an offensive rebound, then told Walker about it on the way downcourt."

Sounds like Chandler is learning from Rose already. Rose had previously said he wanted to see more trash talking. I guess Tyson just has to learn where the limits are. From the sounds of things the refs are giving him an aweful short leash, don't you think. Perhaps someone who saw the game could shed some light on this. I hope he's not getting a bad rep already.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Originally posted by <b>7thwatch</b>!
I like what I'm hearing from Rose. He's not going to let the young guys get away with hurting the team.

First he challenged Jwill to improve his foul shooting, saying he "choked." Now he is sending a message to Tyson: grow up.
He is doing a great job being the leader of this team. He seems to have a way of getting his point across constructivly, trying to motivate people instead of putting them down.

Hats of to Rose. He is exactly the type of guy we need to help the youngsters grow up.
Amen! Rose is exactly what this young team needs. A guy who not only makes everyone else better on the court, but someone also doesn't sugarcoat things and isn't afraid to speak the truth. In one breath he'll let you know that you screwed up and you could cost the team a win, but in the next he'll remind you that he's got your back.

Rose is the real deal and is turning out to be a well-respected leader.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
by the way, thanks for the article bullsmaniac :)

·
Registered
936 Posts
"When I screamed, it wasn't to offend anybody; I was trying to get my team fired up. We were losing and I was trying to get us hyped. There wasn't even anybody around me. I don't know who I was taunting. I was screaming to myself."

Sorry, Tyson, but that's a load of crap. I've got you on tape and you were clearly staring down Tony Battie when you screamed. You and Eddy have been hit with technicals before for looking back while running down court and staring at a player after you've slammed one home.

Oh, and BTW, Ty, all that tribal squealing that you think fires your team up...well, listen to your daddy, Jalen:

Chandler suggested that his ejection helped fire up the Bulls, who trailed by 13 points in the third quarter. But teammate Jalen Rose wasn't buying it.

"No, it didn't," Rose said. "He owes us a game on Friday. It was just a bad play by a young kid. But we still love him. If we would have lost, then he would have probably been in a headlock when you all came in here. But we won, so it's all hugs and kisses."

Are you getting the message, Ty? We all love you, buddy, but in case you haven't noticed, Kwame's puttin' up some nice numbers and he's got no personality at all...on the court or off. Bulls fans want to see productivity, not this bun and mustard garbage. So get with the program, stop trying to get your mug on the SportsCenter highlights clips and start puttin' up the kind of numbers you're capable of...you know, the way Kwame's gettin' it done this season.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Originally posted by <b>DickieHurtz</b>!

Are you getting the message, Ty? We all love you, buddy, but in case you haven't noticed, Kwame's puttin' up some nice numbers and he's got no personality at all...on the court or off. Bulls fans want to see productivity, not this bun and mustard garbage. So get with the program, stop trying to get your mug on the SportsCenter highlights clips and start puttin' up the kind of numbers you're capable of...you know, the way Kwame's gettin' it done this season.
LOL. So true.

Kwame doesn't strike me as the most charismatic guy in the world, but in two games this year he's got it done. TC is making Sportscenter though, but in the way 'Sheed makes it as well. Hopefully some 'kind' words from Bill and Jalen set him straight. Hopefully.

VD

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
"No, it didn't," Rose said. "He owes us a game on Friday. It was just a bad play by a young kid. But we still love him. If we would have lost, then he would have probably been in a headlock when you all came in here. But we won, so it's all hugs and kisses."

Perhaps the Chicago Bulls are the first gay team in the NBA... I never kissed any of the other guys in the locker room when we won a game ;)

(i'm just goofing around)

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
AND one more thing TYSON...

"When I screamed, it wasn't to offend anybody; I was trying to get my team fired up. We were losing and I was trying to get us hyped. There wasn't even anybody around me. I don't know who I was taunting. I was screaming to myself."

Sorry, Tyson, but that's a load of crap. I've got you on tape and you were clearly staring down Tony Battie when you screamed. You and Eddy have been hit with technicals before for looking back while running down court and staring at a player after you've slammed one home.

Oh, and BTW, Ty, all that tribal squealing that you think fires your team up...well, listen to your daddy, Jalen:

Chandler suggested that his ejection helped fire up the Bulls, who trailed by 13 points in the third quarter. But teammate Jalen Rose wasn't buying it.

....WE DO NOT WANT, nor does the league, another Rasheed Wallace or Dennis Rodman!!! Let your work ethics be your mouthpiece???:upset:

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
NOT YET, he isn't.....I suppose this is EXACTLY how Rasheed..

Originally posted by <b>BullsAttitude</b>!
Tyson is different from sheed he not mouthing off the refs.
....started his collection of technical fouls!!!:upset:

·
I never slice.
2,282 Posts
Norm Van Lier said it best...

He said he doesn't buy Tyson's "explanation" that he can't help screaming because he get so intense. Stormin' Norman said hanging on the rim screaming is showboating plain and simple, and suggested that Tyson channel that intensity into getting back on defense.

·
Registered
297 Posts

I'm a huge Bulls fan and I love this "bun and mustard stuff" as long as he gets the job done. Tyson is getting picked on by the refs cuz he's young. A normal veteran wouldn't have got that T. I love Tyson's enthusiasm and his game.

Who cares what Kwame's doing? I don't care what his numbers are or what Tyson's numbers are. As long as we win.

Both players are playing really well right now and are making big impacts for their team.

Washington is 1-1
Chicago is 2-0

1 - 13 of 13 Posts