Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New attitude?

same article, but I thought it deserved it's own thread.

Now that the Bulls have gotten strong performances from 20-year-old big men Tyson Chandler and Eddy Curry since the all-star break, veteran Jalen Rose is hoping he stays in town for a long time.

"Hopefully, I'm playing with them," said Rose, who is signed through 2007. "Hopefully, I won't be 33 and in Gary Payton's situation where they're saying, 'We're not going to re-sign you Jalen, we're going to get rid of you. Thanks.' Hopefully, I'll be around for that.

"I think they're going to be a force, because how many teams have two 7-footers that actually can play? I think it's going to pose a big-time threat in this league."
Personally, if the kids leap off like he thinks, I trade him for an up and coming scorer rather than having to break chemistry 3 or 4 years into a roll because he's broken down...or because that might bring the org a black eye I address it in trade or FA.

How is our FA money looking anyway??

http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/main_story.asp?intID=3767825

·
Registered
80 Posts
Jalen Rose has always said that he hopes to stick around when times get better. He knows that the Bulls have a great future with TC, EC, and Jay, and he said a few times that since he's helping them through the hard times, he's hoping the management doesn't drop him as soon as we see the light.

sorry, couldn't find any links with these quotes, they must be several months old by now.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
I have seen those same quotes, CF. I believe he said that for the first time soon after they traded for him. And he's been saying it ever since. I don't remember him commenting on wanting to go to Minny after the rumored Wally trade even when teammates were saying Rose and KG together would be sick.

If he plays like he did against the Suns (not expecting him to pull a Big O but at least be more active in initiating ball movement) then I see no reason to get rid of him.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Lizzy</b>!

If he plays like he did against the Suns (not expecting him to pull a Big O but at least be more active in initiating ball movement) then I see no reason to get rid of him.
Me either Lizzy - even thought I have led the charge for Wally .

I would be happy for Jalen to remian a Bull but he really has to play more like he did the other night against Phoenix and move away from running so many isolations like he has earlier in the season

If he can be the guy we traded for and get the right balance in creating for others and himself then maybe just maybe this team can go places

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
When Jay, Chandler, and Curry become dominant and lead the Bulls back to the promise land. I hope Jalen stays for it. It's the right thing to do. Jalen has been great for them and deserves to be rewarded. He gave them confidence and the ball and has been a big factor in their development especially in the second half of this season. I would feel terrible if the Bulls traded Jalen to a bad team just when Curry, Chandler, Jay lead the Bulls deep into the playoffs.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Jalen should know that the more he plays like he did the other night, the faster Eddy, Tyson and Jay will come along. He has to trust them and pass the ball especially when he is double teamed. I hope he learns to do that. They lost alot of games w/ Jalen trying to do all the crunch time scoring. Teams know the plan is to just attack Rose and the Bulls are done. If he assist more and get all his teammates involved (especailly early) their opponents would learn to respect the rest of the Bulls and stick to their man on defense which Jalen can take advantage of late in the games and take his shots.
I hope the victory vs. Phoenix speaks high volumes for this entire team. They all played good defense and shared the ball.

The sooner Jalen sees that the better this team will get.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I keep Jalen. He has shown at times that he's willing to just be a player and not a star, and that he's willing to step out of the limelight and let others shine (Jay, Eddy, Tyson, last year Jamal.) Does he do it all the time? Nah, and thats probably our biggest gripe with him. But then again, JET don't bring it every night, so you can't fault Jalen.

I like Jalen, I only trash him cause I want more from him. But I keep him til the end of his contract, and I resign him to a modest contract for as long as he wants. Hell, if we end up winning championships, I give Jalen a job when he retires. He's the guy who's really bridging the gap for us.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts