Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
35,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well.. Deadly December started out as expected, but ended on an entirely different feeling. We're probably playing with more momentum right now than I can remember in the past 5/6 years, and on top of that, Bargnani is a lock to be traded (according to various reports).

Terrence Ross is starting to fly high and I look forward to seeing him grow over the next month. JV will hopefully be back by the end of this too.

11-20 is where we stand right now. 15 games in January, 10 at home and only 5 on the road. I think if we want to make the Playoffs, we must get to 20 wins by the end of January which would mean taking 9 of these games, which is entirely do-able.

Wed, Jan 2 Portland Trail Blazers vs Portland
Fri, Jan 4 Sacramento Kings vs Sacramento
Sun, Jan 6 Oklahoma City Thunder vs Oklahoma City
Wed, Jan 9 Philadelphia 76ers vs Philadelphia
Fri, Jan 11 Charlotte Bobcats vs Charlotte
Sun, Jan 13 Milwaukee Bucks vs Milwaukee
Tue, Jan 15 Brooklyn Nets @ Brooklyn
Wed, Jan 16 Chicago Bulls vs Chicago
Fri, Jan 18 Philadelphia 76ers @ Philadelphia
Sun, Jan 20 Los Angeles Lakers vs LA Lakers
Wed, Jan 23 Miami Heat @ Miami
Thu, Jan 24 Orlando Magic @ Orlando
Sat, Jan 26 Cleveland Cavaliers vs Cleveland
Mon, Jan 28 Golden State Warriors vs Golden State
Wed, Jan 30 Atlanta Hawks @ Atlanta​

It's a huge month for us, let's hope we take it by the scruff of the neck and get the wins we can.

·
KVBL Champion
7,108 Posts
OKC and Miami I don't expect, but the rest we definitely have a chance to win.

·
Registered
9,107 Posts
Oh man that was a fun game to watch.

Cald/Lowry combined for 0 points and 22 assists!! Caldy took 1 shot and Lowry took 2 lol
DD/T Ross combined for 50!!! and both shot lights out
Quincy Acy is a monster GIVE HIM THE MAX!!
Fields finally has a decent game

Best part of the game for me, 3 starters combined for ZERO points and we still won by 20+ points (has that ever happend before?)

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
How easy was that win?? Amazon when everything comes together and the plan is executed perfectly. We're used to seeing other teams manhandle the raptors with ease ... Really good to see us reciprocate for a change ;-)
I also love how we found a different way to win with Caldy and Lowry scoring zero ... but still making and driving the plays that got us an easy win. Very rare and unique occurance but ohhh so powerful!! Other teams should be afraid seeing the Raps accomplish something like this!!

·
Administrator
67,769 Posts
I did not watch the game, but I've being paying close attention to the downward trend in Damian Lillard's game lately. Here we go again. 7 assists but with 7 turnovers. 18 points, but with 1-for-5 shooting from 3. Do you guys know who was guarding him for most of the game?

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
We'll find out tonight !! I won't jinx the kid but it should be another good game :)
Nice to be excited for a change no??

·
KVBL Champion
7,108 Posts
Ross the Boss

·
Registered
35,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lost two on the bounce. We didn't stand a chance against OKC but I was disappointed with the SacTown game.

·
Registered
35,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No surprise that we are in the hunt for Gay. I just wish Bargnani was involved.

The Toronto Raptors are amongst the teams interested in trading for Rudy Gay should the Memphis Grizzlies decide to trade him, according to sources.

The Raptors have had preliminary talks with the Grizzlies.

Toronto is said to be offering a package centered around Jose Calderon, Ed Davis and future picks for Gay.

The Grizzlies are exploring trade scenarios for Gay, but have not yet determined if they will absolutely move him before the February deadline.

The Raptors tried to trade for Gay in June, even offering a package including their eighth overall pick that became Terrence Ross.
ESPN

·
Registered
35,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Some gossip surrounding Casey and Ed (and probably why Ed is mention in the move for Gay).

“Ed’s been taking advantage of an opportunity but I met with him (on the off-day Monday) and I challenged him. I didn’t think he brought it against Oklahoma City. I thought he could have brought it more, competed harder, banged harder, got to the boards harder. A lot of things. His screens, taking some of the shots he had,” Casey said.

Having spent as much time with Davis as he did in the off-season, Casey knows exactly how best to push Davis’ buttons. Earlier this season he issued a similar challenge to Davis and like this time, shared it publicly.

Davis responded with the kind of basketball Casey knew he was capable of playing.
Toronto Sun

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Well I certainly think that no one brought it against the Kings last Friday night and I was hoping to see a lot more hustle against OKC even if we had little chance because of it. So if this push on Davis will get some better effort and results I'm all for it!!

Good luck tonight team!!!

·
Administrator
67,769 Posts
I'm trying to imagine Rudy Gay on this roster. His presence would certainly mean less shots for Derozan... which might not be the worst thing in the world. If he does wind up in Toronto, I think Bargs has to be unloaded for a defensive PF to put next to JV.

·
KVBL Champion
7,108 Posts
I don't like the lack of defensive intensity and lackbuster ball moving reports about as much as we need scoring. Plus, the contract. But hopefully Casey would be able to improve those things.

·
Registered
35,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Really nice win against the Sixers. Amir and Ed out hustled the life out of Hawes and Lavoy, really good stuff.

DeRozan also played very well.

And.. And... And... LANDRY MOTHERFUNKING FIELDS with a DOUBLE-DOUBLE... This guy is a machine ;)

·
Registered
9,107 Posts
I really hope that Fields can keep that kind of play up. Did you guys here about the apparent fight after the game because of the Jose/Fields alley-oop last play.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/sixers/20130110_Sixers_continue_to_spiral_downward.html

There was plenty of energy after the game as the teams exchanged heated words in the hallways behind the court as both were going to their locker rooms.

It all stemmed from a play with 15.6 seconds left and the Raptors with the ball, up 16. It certainly would appear to be a time when Toronto would hold the ball and run out the clock. Instead, guard Jose Calderon threw an alley-oop pass to Landry Fields, who threw down a dunk. Sixers coach Doug Collins stared down at the Raptors' bench, where, when the game ended, coach Dwane Casey waved at Collins. The Sixers coach didn't respond and a couple of minutes later, as the Sixers approached their locker room, words were exchanged.

In the Raptors' locker room, both Calderon and Casey said they wanted to apologize, saying they didn't know how much time was left. Perhaps the fire that Collins' players showed after the late-game incident will carry over to the next game, which is Saturday at home against Houston. Right now, they need to look anywhere and everywhere for some answer

1 - 20 of 103 Posts