Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My gosh.. anyone watching the Chicago/Sonics game?... with the proper coaching this guy could become one of the premier point guards in the league... one play he takes it down the middle, and sees no opening.. so he bounces the ball off the backboard takes two steps in and dunks it in (it was basically the T-mac dunk)... but in addition he draws the foul for a three point play. Flashy plays like this don't make a player good, but they're also not easy to do.

This guy has a shot (when he's not taking those 27 foot three pointers 8 times a game).. He definitely can pass almost with marbury precision... has one of the craziest crossovers in the league...he's 6'5"... two things keeping him from becoming great are shot selection(not improving) and defense(improving)...

Blazers should make a play for him.. IMO

·
Registered
837 Posts
I second that. He is an incredable talent. Like you stateed he is wild and crazy at times but he has NO ONE on that team.

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
OK lets get him... lets get a couple of them

PG + C is what we need.... and to help get them we take on ER's contract..

Crawford $2.5 mil (2 years with qualifier) + Eddy Curry $3.0 mil (3 years)+ Eddie Robinson $6.25 mil (3 years) = $11.75 mil (8 years worth of contracts)

they can take as little as $10.15 mil or as much $13.6 mil

maybe they need some more veteran experience, so who will they take from us as a combination... :whoknows:

Wes has an expiring contract at $7.7 mil, which should interest them
Q rings in as potential at $1 mil
Davis is at $9 mil with 2 years left, some sites say he has a trade kicker
DA $7.8 mil
Patterson is at $5.43 but has a trade kicker
Darius $4.1 mil

Wes & Patterson?
DA and Darius?
Davis and Q + slight filler?

thoughts?

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
I been saying this for a while, Chicago should be the #1 team Blazers deal with for any potential trades. Rasheed plus Qyntel would be a package Paxton would like for Curry or Chandler plus Crawford and we can take Antonio Davis' crappy contract. Id be all for it.

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
No to AD.... :nonono: we do not need to do that.... they have a few bad contracts like us.. but I think they have a few more

we are out of it completely in a year and 6 months.... they are not...

·
Registered
837 Posts
Not Darius. This kid is 22 and getting better. He will be awesome in 3 years. We need to make the commitment to him.

For those guys I would give DD, Person and Grizzlies draft pick.Give them an other pick 3 yrs down the road. We don't need the pick with that team. It would be #30 any way.

We would have a nucleolus of young talent with Rasheed, Ruben, Miles still on our team. A good pick this year, Rasheed resigned for 10 mill/ yr, Miles for 6/ yr for 5 to 6 yrs. Damon off the books next year and we are set to make an other run. Sing a Tracy McGrady/ Ray Allen

PG-Crawford
SG-Woods/DA/Draft Picks
C-Curry/ Sign like a Dampier back up center guy
SF-Miles/Rasheed
PF-Rasheed/Randolph

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
LMAO theres no way they are gonna give us Curry or Chandler if we dont give Sheed or Zach up. It's completely unrealistic to think DD, Person, and a pick is gonna get Curry, hell no. It would take Sheed but even if we are giving Sheed I don't know that they would bite. Curry has a crapload of potential, along with Chandler. I think we COULD get Crawford if we gave up Qyntel plus fillers.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I don't need Chandler. Paxon likes him and question Curry's commitment.

I would give them Q in that trade for those two.
Q, DD, 2 1st rounder with Grizzlies and ours from 3 yrs from now.
Exchange Q for Person if you want for cap reasons. Curry will walk from Chicago 2 years from now anyway.

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
I don't think that Portland could get any of Chandler, Curry or Crawford without giving up Rasheed or Zach, and I don't think we could get two of them without giving up one of the two of them AND taking back Antonio Davis.

I'm not a fan of Davis nor his contract, but if we HAVE to trade Rasheed, I'd be willing to swallow his contract if we could get two of the Bulls' three I listed above.

Ed O.

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
I'd trade 'Sheed (and even take back Antonio Davis) to get both Jamal Crawford and Eddy Curry.

Tyson Chandler may have the better attitude, but I'm starting to think his ceiling is not as high as once thought. He's starting to look like a great rebounder / shot-blocker with limited offensive game.

Curry still holds the hope of being an all-around dominant player, even if his motivation is currently questioned.

I think Crawford can be a star point guard and really isn't too far away from it. Curry is quite far from stardom, but also possesses superstar potential.

A possible future of:

PG: Crawford
SG: Woods
SF: Miles
PF: Randolph
C: Curry

is worth carrying Antonio Davis' bloated contract for a few years. When you want to win a championship, you bet all your chips...because championship talent is incredibly hard to come by. The above lineup is one of the most "bust or dominate" lineups one could conceive of.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
I think that Chandler better fits our team because he makes up for Randolph's lack of defense. Curry is actually very similar to Zach, weak defense but great offensive potential. Chandler fits us better but I would take either.

·
Registered
519 Posts
i did this on Real GM and to my surprise it worked...:laugh:

Chicago trades: PF Tyson Chandler (12.1 ppg, 9.6 rpg, 0.9 apg in 27.1 minutes)
PF Marcus Fizer (6.5 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 0.9 apg in 13.8 minutes)
SG Jamal Crawford (16.9 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 5.6 apg in 34.7 minutes)
Chicago receives: C Dale Davis (5.7 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 1.4 apg in 28.3 minutes)
SF Qyntel Woods (4.5 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 1.0 apg in 13.3 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -25.3 ppg, -7.1 rpg, and -5.0 apg.

Portland trades: C Dale Davis (5.7 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 1.4 apg in 28.3 minutes)
SF Qyntel Woods (4.5 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 1.0 apg in 13.3 minutes)
Portland receives: PF Tyson Chandler (12.1 ppg, 9.6 rpg, 0.9 apg in 11 games)
PF Marcus Fizer (6.5 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 0.9 apg in 29 games)
SG Jamal Crawford (16.9 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 5.6 apg in 46 games)
Change in team outlook: +25.3 ppg, +7.1 rpg, and +5.0 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to Chicago and Portland being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Chicago and Portland had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

·
Registered
519 Posts
since we have a spot open

Chicago trades: SG Jamal Crawford (16.9 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 5.6 apg in 34.7 minutes)
PF Tyson Chandler (12.1 ppg, 9.6 rpg, 0.9 apg in 27.1 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -29.8 ppg, -10.0 rpg, and -6.0 apg.

Portland receives: SG Jamal Crawford (16.9 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 5.6 apg in 46 games)
PF Tyson Chandler (12.1 ppg, 9.6 rpg, 0.9 apg in 11 games)
Change in team outlook: +29.8 ppg, +10.0 rpg, and +6.0 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to Chicago and Portland being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. Chicago and Portland had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Your just not understanding that we can't get Tyson or Eddy for garbage like Dale Davis. lol Once you figure out a deal that consists of Chandler and Crawford and prolly AD coming to Portland and basically Sheed and Qyntel going to Chi Town you are prolly close.

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
Re: since we have a spot open

Originally posted by <b>blazerfan4life</b>!
Even if a trade works salary-wise, you still have to apply some common sense.

Why on Earth would Chicago trade two of their three top prospects, plus a decent bench player, for a Dale Davis that no Portland fan really wants?

We don't even take a bad contract off their hands.

It's like proposing Stoudamire and Person for Tracy McGrady and Drew Gooden or something.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
I think that Chandler better fits our team because he makes up for Randolph's lack of defense. Curry is actually very similar to Zach, weak defense but great offensive potential.
No problems. Put Randolph and Curry on the floor together, convince Snapper to take Mo's place on the sidelines, and play some high scoring, matador defense 70's/80's ball!

Heck, I wouldn't even mind watching a .500 team if they were consistently up tempo and entertaining. If the talent pans out as championship material, that would be icing on the cake.

Dan

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
Re: since we have a spot open

Originally posted by <b>blazerfan4life</b>!

TRADE ACCEPTED

Back away from Damon's stash.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Crawford $2.5 mil (2 years with qualifier) + Eddy Curry $3.0 mil (3 years)+ Eddie Robinson $6.25 mil (3 years) = $11.75 mil (8 years worth of contracts)

they can take as little as $10.15 mil or as much $13.6 mil

maybe they need some more veteran experience, so who will they take from us as a combination... :whoknows:

Wes has an expiring contract at $7.7 mil, which should interest them
Q rings in as potential at $1 mil
Davis is at $9 mil with 2 years left, some sites say he has a trade kicker
DA $7.8 mil
Patterson is at $5.43 but has a trade kicker
Darius $4.1 mil

Wes & Patterson?
DA and Darius?
Davis and Q + slight filler?

thoughts?

Wow. Wow.

None of those.

Jeez..........

We're not giving up two quality young talents, who combine to average 30 points a game even during this god awful stretch of play, for cap relief. No thank you.

:|

Wow....

Originally posted by blazerfan4life!

Oh boy, this one is worse. To put it in perspective, if a Bulls fan asked you for Q and Raadolph for Fizer and Brunson (THINK OF THE SALARY RELIEF!!!), what would you say?

Exactly......

I'm not a fan of Davis nor his contract, but if we HAVE to trade Rasheed, I'd be willing to swallow his contract if we could get two of the Bulls' three I listed above.

Ed O.
Well you can't. :greatjob:

1 - 20 of 77 Posts