Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
30,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At this point in the season Jamal Crawford has 22 points less than last seasons 858, 5 less steals than last years 77, 68 assists less than last years 334. This guy has shown his improvements. Were not even at the allstar break yet and he is there plus he has missed games along the road in which he would have easily scored those 22 points, and got those 5 steals. Which brings up another thing. Why do Heat fans think a Crawford for Wade trade is screwing them over.

Jamal Crawford Age: 23 PPG 17.1 RPG 3.4 APG 5.4
Dwane Wade Age: 22 PPG 15.9 RPG 4.2 APG 4.5

Dwane Wade is injured a lot of the time. They only have about a year apart from each other. Bulls need a real 2, and the Heat need a real PG so the swap would make sense, especially because their contracts are so similiar.

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
FG Percentage

Wade- 46%
Crawford- 39%

People say crawford is a great 3 pt shooter, and say wade has to improve his long range shooting, which is true, but look at this

Wade 31%
Crawford- 31%

EFF- Crawford- +14.92
Wade- +15.00

and did i mention wade is a rookie while Crawford has 3 years of nba experience already under his belt. Wade will keep on improving, and in 2 years, will be a much better player than crawford, guarenteed

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
i think jc will pan out to be better than wade personally but this trade makes perfect sense for both. i would even be willing to give you guys fizer since you need some height.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
I think in 2 years Wade will already be in a level JC will never reach.
Wade is a stud and if no Lebron and Mello in the same draft we'd be talking about him much more!

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Golden Bull 23</b>!
Wade is very injury prone
not true...both his injuries came on "freak injuries"...with the wrist one he went high up for a rebound, got hit in the air, and fell directly on his wrist...with the ankle on he went high for a rebound and landed on Big Ben's foot....its not like he is a chronic ,reoccuring type injury..he just plays hard, and falls the wrong way sometimes...

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
I think if I had a gun to my head, I would rather have Wade on our team. He has more of what we need. That isn't meant as a slight to Jamal either, I just think Dwayne would be a little better fit for us. He's more of a 2 (although he's not a true one, IMO), is a little more aggressive offensively, plays above the rim more, and is better defensively.

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
I'd pick Wade as well. He does a lot more little things better than Jamal right now -- not saying JC won't get to that point, but rather that Wade is already there before the All-Star break of his first season. While Wade is shorter (6'4"), he is stronger and brings considerably more slashing to the table than does JC. Wade's shot selection and ability to play within the flow of the offense is also more mature than JC's.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
I would take Crawford easily .Wade is a tremendous talent as is Jamal but theier situations are TOTALLY different.

Wade is playing on a team with Odom,Jones and Butler and is not the first option on offense.

Crawford is playing on a team in which the starting center just showed up 10 days ago .

Wade slashes more ? Crawford has shot more ft's and with a better percentage.

I like them both and and wanted us to take wade at the draft but I think Crawford can do and does more for the Bulls than wade ever could .

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
Originally posted by <b>TRUTHHURTS</b>!
I would take Crawford easily .Wade is a tremendous talent as is Jamal but theier situations are TOTALLY different.

Wade is playing on a team with Odom,Jones and Butler and is not the first option on offense.

Crawford is playing on a team in which the starting center just showed up 10 days ago .

Wade slashes more ? Crawford has shot more ft's and with a better percentage.

I like them both and and wanted us to take wade at the draft but I think Crawford can do and does more for the Bulls than wade ever could .
wouldnt him being on a better team make his stats harder to get..i dont understand ur reasoning...

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Originally posted by <b>wadecaroneddie</b>!

wouldnt him being on a better team make his stats harder to get..i dont understand ur reasoning...
Not really I think not having to try to score 25+pts a night so that your team has a chance to win takes a great deal of pressure off of Wade .Hes allowed to play off the other guys without much fear of the defenses total attention and with the other 3 guys the offense is clearly less predictable.

Crawford on the other hand since the coaching and position change was asked for the longest time to basically be a AI clone and he has come up short but its understandable as hes not AI.

Before the change Crawford was averaging similar numbers to what he is now but was shooting at a 43% clip.The lack of other scoring threats caused his fg% to plumment.

I think wade is a great sg with good passing skills and Crawford is great pg with good scoring skills .

·
Registered
30,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by <b>Mikedc</b>!
Wade in a heartbeat.

* NBA experience
* Defense
* Aggressiveness
* Basketball IQ
* Contract status

Basically all the same reasons I'd take Hinrich over Crawford are the same reasons I'd take Wade over Crawford.
Crawford has more nba experience , but the rest of your reasons are accurate, except Jamal is better than Hinrich. Hinrich would have lower stats without Crawford. Crawford is the only thing teams were focusing on for awhile, but now they need to shift their focus onto Curry so you will see JC getting more points.

·
Registered
17,149 Posts

Crawford has more nba experience , but the rest of your reasons are accurate, except Jamal is better than Hinrich. Hinrich would have lower stats without Crawford. Crawford is the only thing teams were focusing on for awhile, but now they need to shift their focus onto Curry so you will see JC getting more points.
I guess I should have specified what I meant by NBA experience. What I meant was that even with a fair amount of NBA experience, Crawford is only marginally more productive than Wade. As Wade converges with Crawford, I'm pretty sure he'll pass Jamal's productivity.

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
Hinrich would have lower stats without Crawford.
What would Hinrich's assist numbers look like if he passed to a shooting guard who shot better than 31% from behind the arc? What would his FG% be if he weren't keyed on by the defense because of the Bulls' paucity of scoring threats?

Good team play fosters good individual stats. The former is infinitely more important than the latter.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
MDC, I don't understand how its continually brought up that Jamal has had 3 years of experience as if to say that he's vastly more experienced than any of Kirk or Wade. He's only about a year older than they are, and he came in to the NBA quite raw AND underused. You gotta look at what he actually did during those years. Going on this "oh he's had plenty of years and games to improve" logic is probably what most held Jerry back from trading Fizer for Jermaine O'Neal cause Jermaine had plenty of years, played in about 183 games or so, and still wasn't producing.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Originally posted by <b>VincentVega</b>!

What would Hinrich's assist numbers look like if he passed to a shooting guard who shot better than 31% from behind the arc? What would his FG% be if he weren't keyed on by the defense because of the Bulls' paucity of scoring threats?

Good team play fosters good individual stats. The former is infinitely more important than the latter.
You forgot that Hinrich doesn't pass the ball to Crawford! So really, sp00k thinks your argument should be that if we had a SG that Hinrich would pass to, then Kirk's numbers would be better!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts