Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what do we make of that? something up?

QUOTE: For the second time in eight months, Jamal Crawford has fired his agent. Crawford dumped Aaron Goodwin last May and hired Arn Tellem, who also represents Eddy Curry. Crawford and Curry are best friends, and Crawford had hoped that Tellem could negotiate long-term extensions for both players.

But Bulls general manager John Paxson declined to extend Crawford's contract last summer and has said Curry likely won't receive an extension this summer. Crawford will be a restricted free agent this summer and could rehire Goodwin, who also represents LeBron James and Gary Payton. Goodwin has attended two recent Bulls games. Leon Rose is another possibility...

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune...sbits,0,2381454.story?coll=cs-bulls-headlines

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Interesting, very interesting. The timing of this makes me think Jamal has his mind made up, and his agent didnt agree with him or something. I dont know what Jamals decision is though.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Well, that is a bit strange.

If I was to speculate (and that's all we can do at this point) I would guess that perhaps Jamal has made up his mind about what he wants to do, one way or another, and apparantly Arn didn't look like he was going to give Jamal the best chance to make that happen.

And given the current circumstances, I would guess that if Jamal wanted to go anywhere, it would be away from here.

Of course, I'm just talking out of my *ss, so who knows?

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Its simple

Pax has made up his mind about Crawford

He may have told Tellem where he is prepared to pay Crawford which is a long way from where Crawford's expectations are and certainly don't fit the ambit of "marquee player" status

And knowing that he will therefore lose Crawford to offers beyond where he wants to pay him .. it is evident to Tellem that Pax is aggressively shopping his former client to get some compensation before the trade deadline

Think about it

If the hiring of Tellem was to lock in business risk which Pax has rejected and if it appears evident that Jamal is not going to get his dollars with the Bulls and Eddy's future with the Bulls is also questionable .. then what is the point in retaining one of the more expensive gunslingers in the business who will grab more of your lesser pile of chips that you had hoped for and when are likely to be without your best pal to boot

The Curry/Crawford axis / take the Bull by the balls style of contract negotiated , rightly or wrongly , has formally been broken and rejected by Paxson

Crawford is more likely to be gone by the deadline than remain a Bull past that time

And unless his market completely disappears he will not be a Bull this summer for beyond $5.5M ( Bender / Harrington / Artest / Ricky Davis money on the first year of those deals )

Of course its a different market now than from a year or so ago when these guys got paid and Billups signed for the MLE

I think someone is likely to pay Crawford more but it won't be Pax which means Crawford will be gone by the summer and more than likely by the deadline

Crawford for Turkoglu ?

Crawford and Corie Blount for Wally Sczcerbiak which involves Marcus Fizer , Kendall Gill and Rick Brunson going to the Clips for Jaric and Ely - CBA compliant

Curry
Chandler
Sczcerbiak
Jaric
Hinrich

bench

Davis
Ely
Jerome Williams
Robinson
Dupree
Brunson ( resigned when the Clips waive him )

In the summer we make Brent Barry a priority signing to bolster our back court and take the best available big man in our likely top 5 position or take Deng if he is available . If we can't get Okafur or Deng .. deal the pick for a starting quality 2 guard who can defend - and package one of Robinson , Davis or Jerome Williams to make it work

Say a top 4 pick + Antonio Davis for Ray Allen

Curry
Chander
Sczcerbiak
Allen
Hinrich

bench

Ely
Williams
Robinson/Dupree
Barry
Jaric

Nice mix of scorers , shooters , hustlers , and defenders

·
Registered
246 Posts
According to RealGM....

Jamal is getting moved (or atleast its implied).

I'm absolutely pissed.

Paxson is a *******. He is screwing over everything JK did over the last 5 years.

It's sick.

Jamal doesn't deserve to be traded, but yet he's getting moved.

The problem with this team has always been with the interior and not with the perimeter.

The Bulls lack of inside presence over the course of the year is why the Bulls are having such a hard time.

Look at the Portland game...

They finally get a game out of Curry and they leading in one of the hardest places to play in the Western Conference.

Look at the previous 3 games on this West Trip.

Where was the inside offense? Hence, why we lost bad.

If people can't recognize where the real problem with this team lies, then they are absolutely blind.

·
Registered
896 Posts
I love Crawford, but he is a tweener. If we can get something good for him we probably need to do it. I will miss the kid, and in all likelyhood he will become an all-star caliber player somewhere else;however, if we can get the three we need it is time to move on. Curry and Chandler are a different story.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
FJ - Allen i like but Sonics won't do it in my opinion,even if it's a #1 pick.

Sczcerbiak I don't like - and think he's way overpaid,the only way I'd consider giving JC for him is if the filler is ERob

·
Registered
8,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by <b>FJ_of _Rockaway</b>!

If the hiring of Tellem was to lock in business risk which Pax has rejected and if it appears evident that Jamal is not going to get his dollars with the Bulls and Eddy's future with the Bulls is also questionable .. then what is the point in retaining one of the more expensive gunslingers in the business who will grab more of your lesser pile of chips that you had hoped for and when are likely to be without your best pal to boot

The Curry/Crawford axis / take the Bull by the balls style of contract negotiated , rightly or wrongly , has formally been broken and rejected by Paxson

Crawford is more likely to be gone by the deadline than remain a Bull past that time

i think you have hit the nail on the head with this post, FJ.

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
Originally posted by <b>FJ_of _Rockaway</b>!
Crawford and Corie Blount for Wally Sczcerbiak which involves Marcus Fizer , Kendall Gill and Rick Brunson going to the Clips for Jaric and Ely - CBA compliant

Curry
Chandler
Sczcerbiak
Jaric
Hinrich

bench

Davis
Ely
Jerome Williams
Robinson
Dupree
Brunson ( resigned when the Clips waive him )

Call Pax, we have a winner.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Is Wally World healthy?

·
Registered
246 Posts
You guys are simply hilarious.

You think Jamal has horrible D?

And then you want Wally?

Thats fricking hilarious.

Wally is Mr. NO DEFENSE!

Plus, Wally is more injury prone than Camby.

What in the world?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts