Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will our big three that we were supposed to be building upon end up like the Big 3 Dallas had at one time with Kidd/Mashburn/Jackson?

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
They ended up trading all 3 in the same season. Here are the three seperate trades:

1) Jason Kidd, Tony Dumas and Loren Meyer to Phoenix for A.C. Green, Sam Cassell and Michael Finley.

2) Jamal Mashburn to Miami for Kurt Thomas, Sasha Danilovic and Martin Muursepp.

3) Jim Jackson, Cassell, Eric Montross, George McCloud and Chris Gatling for Shawn Bradley, Ed O'Bannon, Robert Pack and Khalid Reeves.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Basghetti ..the same will happen to these guys....

They don't have BULLS PRIDE

I'd expect JC to get traded and probably Eddy too..if not now in the offseason then...

The kid looks so lost..has no IQ and NO desire...

Those chumps are playing like they want the season to end at this moment

I don't care what Ladewski says...If the right offer comes Pax will pull the trigger

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What I found interesting about the 3 trades is they really did not get great stuff for the 3 guys. Other than getting Finley and Cassell(who they later traded) in the Kidd trade they did not get much value. Fans should realize this may happen with our 3 C's as well. Dallas needed to rid of the 3 guys so they could go in another direction. Sure worked well for them, why can't it happen here?

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Originally posted by <b>basghetti80</b>!
Will our big three that we were supposed to be building upon end up like the Big 3 Dallas had at one time with Kidd/Mashburn/Jackson?

Yeah..the J-Unit...too much talent but still one of the worst teams of the league

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Basg

We need to find the right chemistry..and palyers that have the fire...the pride..the heart inside them

This team is playing like it doesn't want to get on the court again...for this season.....

they lost to so many crappy teams....i'm not going to go back...

but Pax must trade the C-flunk-Unit

Start over..cause even if these dudes are nice guys what matters to most of us is the TEAM itself....

I'm all for starting over....

We're just moving on a downward spiral

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Originally posted by <b>basghetti80</b>!
What I found interesting about the 3 trades is they really did not get great stuff for the 3 guys. Other than getting Finley and Cassell(who they later traded) in the Kidd trade they did not get much value. Fans should realize this may happen with our 3 C's as well. Dallas needed to rid of the 3 guys so they could go in another direction. Sure worked well for them, why can't it happen here?
It took Dallas getting what, a new owner, don nelson and Dirk Nowitski to really turn things around? How many years was that after they traded those guys?

We've got a long wait ahead of ourselves.

We need a new owner. A new GM. A new coach. A new roster. Everything

The NBA should give our team to Robert Johnson and they can be the new Charlotte team. Let us just start over with the Bulls.

It's just a complete mess now. We need a guy like Kiki Vandewhehe in here who has a plan. Knows what kind of players to bring in. And what foriegn players to draft. How to clear cap space. all of that.

Trading Rose's bad contract for Davis' bad contract was dumb. We should have tried harder to clear the salary period.

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
Re: Re: Jamal/Tyson/Eddy

Originally posted by <b>unBULLievable</b>!

Yeah..the J-Unit...too much talent but still one of the worst teams of the league
Because Dallas stupidly traded them before they developed together. You put a couple decent big men with that squad and they would have been a force still today.

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Jamal/Tyson/Eddy

Originally posted by <b>RetroDreams</b>!

Because Dallas stupidly traded them before they developed together. You put a couple decent big men with that squad and they would have been a force still today.
Dude, did you ever read on what was going on there? I'm not sure it's comparable to what's going on here, but those guys all hated each other's guts. And they were losing like crazy to boot. I dunno... I don't think those guys were ever going to work. It's too much to expect a bunch of kids to overcome expectations like that :)

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
For those who need a refresher on that whole situation with the 3 J's read this. Sounds eerily familiar to me with what we have here.

http://www.amarillonet.com/stories/021997/nelson.html

The ballyhooed three J's - Jackson, Mashburn and Kidd - were on the cover of the Mavericks' media guide the past two years. They're all gone now.

``This team needs leaders and none of them was willing to accept that responsibility,'' veteran guard Derek Harper said. ``All they saw was losing, losing, losing. That was frustrating for them.''

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Until they start stealing each others girlfriends and trying to fight one another, the situations don't have much in common really.

·
Me lose brain? Uh oh!
5,702 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Jim Ian</b>!
Until they start stealing each others girlfriends and trying to fight one another, the situations don't have much in common really.
and also, until our guys show to be half as productive as those guys were.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts