Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Jamal?

829 views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  The Krakken 
#1 ·
How serious is this situation with jamal, i heard a lot of stuff about him being upset with us drafting jay and him not working out like the organization wanted him to- but know for there to be an article in the suntimes today on this tells me it is heating up and jamal may be forcing himself out of chicago by his actions- how serious is this stuff and what does it mean for the season?

#5 ·
The supposed controversy with Crawford is nothing more than a fabrication of the media. Sure, Crawford is not necessarily happy to have the added competition in JWill, but he is not pushing for a trade.

In fact, he has on several occasions gone to Krause begging not to be dealt. The fact that he decided to work out in Seattle this offseason may have slightly irked Krause, but it was just a personal decision for Crawford and consistent with what he's done in other offseasons.

Look, Crawford wants to stay a Bull. He has become very close with Curry and Chandler and he respects JWill's presence. I think he is secretly hoping to crack the starting lineup at the 2G and to share ballhandling duties with JWill.

If he does prove to be the odd man out, then perhaps he will begin to want a trade, but for now I would describe him more as anxious to prove himself than as a malcontent. Don't jump to any conclusions about Crawford just yet, let's see how the 1st half of the season plays out before we talk about dealing him.

#6 ·
If you are right about crawford secretly wanting to be 2G alongside jay then he really has a lot of competition moreso than at the point- jalen and hassell figure to get minutes there and to beat either one of them out for minutes will be might tough- of course jalen could play SF but then you have marshall and erob bottom line i think he is in trouble unless he plays really well which is entirely possible so who knows, the optimist says that it is a nice problem to have two quality players like this

#7 ·
Would anyone consider Crawford a bust if he gets beat out by JWill? I don't think so.

My point is that I think Crawford sees the writing on the wall. In my mind it is almost ludicrous to think JWill will not be starting, given his track record, and Crawford's lack of one. I don't see this as a negative to Crawford other than the fact he might be a guy without a spot.

The offseason is almost over, what it is going to come down to is what they do on the court. No coach or GM ever lambasted a player that came in and performed, about what they did in the offseason. Cartwright alludes to this, and rightly so. If JC plays well, this is all forgotten. If he doesn't play well, this can certainly be used as an excuse, but a direct correlation cannot be drawn from the fact he didn't play at the Berto over the summer.

#10 ·
I have read bunk reports about Craw's rededication to the weight room and how he has put on weight every season. Yet, everytime Jamal steps on the court he looks rail thin-- skinner than you could be if you did any weight training or dieting. In a similar to fasion to how I was when Larry Brown called out the pencil thin AI for not lifiting, I am not one bit surprised that Jamal has not been in the gym.

"coach Bill Cartwright said. "The big thing for Jamal this summer was to get down here and work out and get stronger.''"

Lets hope this ends the "Jamal has put on twenty pounds" threads.

#13 ·
Nor is there any correlation...

Originally posted by <b>BCH</b>!
Would anyone consider Crawford a bust if he gets beat out by JWill? I don't think so.

My point is that I think Crawford sees the writing on the wall. In my mind it is almost ludicrous to think JWill will not be starting, given his track record, and Crawford's lack of one. I don't see this as a negative to Crawford other than the fact he might be a guy without a spot.

The offseason is almost over, what it is going to come down to is what they do on the court. No coach or GM ever lambasted a player that came in and performed, about what they did in the offseason. Cartwright alludes to this, and rightly so. If JC plays well, this is all forgotten. If he doesn't play well, this can certainly be used as an excuse, but a direct correlation cannot be drawn from the fact he didn't play at the Berto over the summer.

......between who will play this season, and HOW any of the Bulls, or any other team players, played during the summer(as a LOT of posters have alluded to.)

Like you say, the offseason is just about over....now playing talks, and BS walks. I say there is sufficient time for all these bulls to play, whether it be at PG, SG OR SF. Didn't marshall play some at the PF position also in his past? I think we will be fine as those who perform...WILL DO THE PERFORMING!!! LOL:rbanana:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.