Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Better NFL prospect..

I imagine the majority will vote for Wright. I think both look like studs. But damn, I love Russell. If that dude gets drafted on a team with a great QB coach and an already good starter and can sit for a year or two like Culpepper, he could be a great pro.

·
Home where I wanted to go
9,855 Posts
TheATLien said:
Better NFL prospect..

I imagine the majority will vote for Wright. I think both look like studs. But damn, I love Russell. If that dude gets drafted on a team with a great QB coach and an already good starter and can sit for a year or two like Culpepper, he could be a great pro.
Physically, they are both studs. Both are big, strong, athletic, and can make all the throws. Wright is a little bit ahead of Russell at this point but who is to say that Russell doesn't catch up to right in a few years. As talented as Wright is, he needs to improve his TD/INT ratio and his completion %. He also takes too many sacks, although most of them happened early in the season against FSU.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
TheATLien said:
Better NFL prospect..

i like em both, you would think that both will come out after next year although they would have another year of eligibilty. both have the prototype size that scouts are looking for and both have strong arms to go with that size. wright is the faster of the two but that doesnt necessarily mean he's the better athlete. kyle is probably going to have an advantage with miami's system and their fleet of receivers that they have there. doubt that either will leapfrog brady quinn in the 2007 draft(not saying they arent as good) but both should be top 10 picks.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think LSU has better WR's, but Miles is holding their passing attack back with his conservative play calling. I mean Miami got some good WR's too, but LSU is stacked.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
TheATLien said:
I think LSU has better WR's, but Miles is holding their passing attack back with his conservative play calling. I mean Miami got some good WR's too, but LSU is stacked.
i totally disagree with the wide receiver comparisons and add to that miami has the best tight end in the country in olsen.

·
Premium Member
12,829 Posts
Miami has talent at WR, but LSU is stacked at the WR position. It's ridiculous how conservative Miles is with those WRs.

Wright and Russell are both going to be to top 10 picks when they come out. Imagine if Quinn, Wright and Russell all come out the same year. That's three serious QBs in one draft.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
sMaK said:
Miami has talent at WR, but LSU is stacked at the WR position. It's ridiculous how conservative Miles is with those WRs.

Wright and Russell are both going to be to top 10 picks when they come out. Imagine if Quinn, Wright and Russell all come out the same year. That's three serious QBs in one draft.
the reason i like the 3 you mentioned is because they have the size to go along with the arm strength to get the ball down the field, and in the case of notre dame and miami they are playing in pro offenses. i never did care much for the run and shoot or west coast offense, whatever you want to call it. i guess you could add vince young and omar jacobs so it could be interesting.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
rainman said:
the reason i like the 3 you mentioned is because they have the size to go along with the arm strength to get the ball down the field, and in the case of notre dame and miami they are playing in pro offenses. i never did care much for the run and shoot or west coast offense, whatever you want to call it. i guess you could add vince young and omar jacobs so it could be interesting.
Also add Brian Brohm in the mix and you have a serious QB class. I think Young and Jacobs are gone after this year but imagine in 07.

1. Quinn
2a. Russell
2b. Wright
4. Brohm
5. Henne

Damn.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
bruno34115 said:
Also add Brian Brohm in the mix and you have a serious QB class. I think Young and Jacobs are gone after this year but imagine in 07.

1. Quinn
2a. Russell
2b. Wright
4. Brohm
5. Henne

Damn.
brohm and henne are more than likely in the 2008 draft but you're right there are a lot of good young qb's out there. i think booty at usc, morrelli at penn state and bomar at oklahoma are going to be very good down the road also.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
rainman said:
brohm and henne are more than likely in the 2008 draft but you're right there are a lot of good young qb's out there. i think booty at usc, morrelli at penn state and bomar at oklahoma are going to be very good down the road also.
I also really like Booty and Morelli but I am not sold on Bomar.

·
Have a GREAT day!
13,796 Posts
I think one thing you can say about JaMarcus Russell is that he is a WINNER. He has lead this team from first half deficits on numerous occasions since last season when he was a freshman. If Saban hadn't put in Flynn in the Capital One bowl before Russell we would be talking about his heroic comeback vs Iowa instead of Drew Tate. He brought LSU back in that game, Oregon St, Arizona St., Auburn, and Alabama

He's got an arm like a battleship gun and a ton of heart. People knock his smarts all the time but he really has improved leaps and bounds from what he was.

·
Have a GREAT day!
13,796 Posts
bruno34115 said:
I predict OU wins a championship with Bomar...

Right after LSU does with Russell...next year... :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Jsimo12 said:
I think one thing you can say about JaMarcus Russell is that he is a WINNER. He has lead this team from first half deficits on numerous occasions since last season when he was a freshman. If Saban hadn't put in Flynn in the Capital One bowl before Russell we would be talking about his heroic comeback vs Iowa instead of Drew Tate. He brought LSU back in that game, Oregon St, Arizona St., Auburn, and Alabama

He's got an arm like a battleship gun and a ton of heart. People knock his smarts all the time but he really has improved leaps and bounds from what he was.
Damn streight. People can knock both Wright and Russells stats but thats because they are raw. Just wait they are improving and will be something to brag about in the future.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
bruno34115 said:
bomar has played well down the stretch, they needed to get their o-line situated there and they havent really had peterson healthy until the last few weeks. bomar has about as good a resume as anyone at about 6-4 and 215 with 4.5 speed and a strong arm.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts