Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone says Garnett and Bryant are the best players in the world. Now you know who is the best player.

James will lead the team to the playoffs by himself. Garnett and Bryant :cry: :biggrin: :no:

·
Registered
261 Posts
Thats a good point, but how would the Cavs do in the Western Conference??

I doubt they would be in the same position if Cleveland was somehow placed in the West.

At best they would be in the same situation and Denver and Memphis, but thats doubtful.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RickyBlaze said:
Thats a good point, but how would the Cavs do in the Western Conference??

I doubt they would be in the same position if Cleveland was somehow placed in the West.

At best they would be in the same situation and Denver and Memphis, but thats doubtful.
they would be in the same situation and Denver and Memphis, so who is better?

·
Banned
662 Posts
Kobe and K.G are the most talented Basketball players in the NBA. By that i mean they have the least flaws with their games. The only thing that seperates them from Duncan and Bron is free throws (duncan cant shoot them) and defensive intensity, Kobe is the most underated defender in the league. I dont know why Iverson does not get this kind of consideration thou.

·
Curse of the Sonics
20,794 Posts
Who says Garnett and Bryant are the best players?

I've heard Shaq and Duncan, Duncan and Garnett, or combinations of those three. Kobe doesn't belong on the same level with those three, and LeBron is even further from it than Kobe is.

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
Sir Patchwork said:
Who says Garnett and Bryant are the best players?

I've heard Shaq and Duncan, Duncan and Garnett, or combinations of those three. Kobe doesn't belong on the same level with those three, and LeBron is even further from it than Kobe is.
Exactly right.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Let's let the Cavs make the playoffs first before we say what they are or are not doing.

They are STRUGGLING. Remember last year they were in the exact same position late in the season and lost 11 or their last 12 to end up the 9th seed.

Until Lebron gets better teammates, you can't take anything for granted.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Why are people so high on Duncan?

Hes just good all around there are no aspects of his game that are outstanding.

Kobe-KG-James neither 3 are the best in the NBA im not sure who is but not them 3.

As for the Cavs when they make the playoffs the 1st round will be difficult for them playing Boston. Tough Road.

·
Curse of the Sonics
20,794 Posts
WestSydeBalla said:
oh I don't know, the best defensive player in the league, while being the 2nd most dominant post player in the league. Add a sprinkle of versatility (handles and jumpshot), and you have a top 3 player at the very least. Garnett and Shaq are the only ones that could realistically be argued over him, in my opinion.

·
Registered
6,763 Posts
WestSydeBalla said:
What makes you think he is the best defensivly? Give some proof for the rest of your opinions.
There is no such thing as defensive stats, but anyone who watches him will tell you hes the bset defensively. He is one of the few players who can actually shut down a post player. Along with being a good man to man defender, he is a good team defender. Guys like Ben Wallace, or Kirilenko aren't really that great man to man defenders, instead, they rack up defensive stats doing what I call, "fishing" for blocks or steals. Duncan will actually stick to his man and block shots and force turnovers

Also, the Cavs suck, they were great in the begining of the season against a very easy schedule, but since all star break, they've been playing against tougher competition and have just looked terrible. This team isn't in a slump, unless by slump you mean, they couldn't defend a chair.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
WestSydeBalla said:

Hes just good all around there are no aspects of his game that are outstanding.

Kobe-KG-James neither 3 are the best in the NBA im not sure who is but not them 3.

As for the Cavs when they make the playoffs the 1st round will be difficult for them playing Boston. Tough Road.

Duncan is the best player in the league. And when it comes to playoff time he is really dominant. He knows when to step up and do what he needs to do for the win. He is always close to averaging a quadruple double in the playoffs.

·
Curse of the Sonics
20,794 Posts
WestSydeBalla said:
What makes you think he is the best defensivly? Give some proof for the rest of your opinions.
He is the best post defender in the league. He can guard a more unorthodox power forward like Dirk Nowitzki, while also being able to guard the biggest most dominant center in the league, Shaq, better than anyone else. Duncan can do a high level job on everyone inbetween those two extremes as well. On top of this, he is the best help defender in the league, because of his positioning and shotblocking. He provides the foundation for a pesky and aggressive Spurs defense that plays up on everyone, and funnels the drives to Duncan.

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
WestSydeBalla said:
Proof is impossible. However, Duncan is an excellent interior team defender, possessing the instincts of a good shot-blocker. He also is an excellent, though not brilliant, individual defender of big men. Impressively, he can even get out on a perimeter player for short bursts and give the perimeter players trouble.

I don't think Duncan is necessarily the best defender in the NBA, but he's a candidate. He does everything very well and possesses great versatility. You can either put him on a strong offensive post player, man-on-man, or let him play last-line team defense. And if he gets caught on a switch with a much smaller player, he can handle himself.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
I diddnt asked for statistic proof in anyway and so far all I have heard is the same exact thing from you guys and I already knew that, but I still don't say he is the best player in the NBA, let alone best defensively. Any game I have ever whatched with the Spurs I have seen Duncan get beat to the basket, Ive seen him make a stupid mental mistake like throwing the ball away Ive never been impressed...Im not saying he is a bad player, He is a good talented player but not as good as people like to string him up to be.

·
Registered
6,763 Posts
WestSydeBalla said:
I diddnt asked for statistic proof in anyway and so far all I have heard is the same exact thing from you guys and I already knew that, but I still don't say he is the best player in the NBA, let alone best defensively. Any game I have ever whatched with the Spurs I have seen Duncan get beat to the basket, Ive seen him make a stupid mental mistake like throwing the ball away Ive never been impressed...Im not saying he is a bad player, He is a good talented player but not as good as people like to string him up to be.
No one outside of Shaq has the effect on the game like Duncan does. Offensively or defensively. He is the most consistent player in the NBA, he scores efficiently, he passes, he defends and he rebounds. There is nothing that Duncan doesn't do. His footwork maybe the best amongst big men in the NBA, and no one in the league except for maybe Kobe has a wider skill set than Duncan. Every player makes stupid mental mistakes every now and then, tell me one player who doesn't.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts