Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 695 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
James Harden turned down a four-year, $52 million contract extension offer from the Oklahoma City Thunder.

Harden is seeking a maximum-level deal worth $60 million over four years.

The Thunder have until Wednesday to sign Harden to a contract extension or allow him the opportunity to become a restricted free agent on July 1.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/Yahoo! Sports

·
Registered
16,561 Posts
Woah, that's a lot of money to turn down.

He's not Franchise material in my opinion, but I'm sure somebody will pay him.
Yep. If I were James Harden, I would seriously consider setting aside that extra 2 mil/year and not have impending free agency bothering him and his teammates this season. No way the Thunder offer a max extension when they can match any offer next summer regardless. Or are max extensions less than max contracts?

But really, someone's going to sign James Harden to a max contract, and that team is going to be very disappointed. I love Harden's game, but he's not a #1 guy. He'd be much better suited as a #2 or #3 guy.

·
Registered
19,468 Posts
Woah, that's a lot of money to turn down.

He's not Franchise material in my opinion, but I'm sure somebody will pay him.
Franchise money? He's like Ginobili. No 6th man ever gets a max deal, even if he's starter caliber.

If this causes the OKC nucleus to implode, sucks for them. It takes some compromise to keep both Harden and Ibaka.

·
Premium Member
51,478 Posts

·
Premium Member
51,478 Posts
Yes they will with expiring contracts like Cp3, Odom, billups, green, hill, Barnes, hollins, turiaf.
Still would not be enough unless the cap goes up to ~$61M and CP3 walks, if CP3 resigns the Clippers will only probably have no capspace.

·
Premium Member
21,879 Posts
Franchise money? He's like Ginobili. No 6th man ever gets a max deal, even if he's starter caliber.
He's a 6th Man by design, not because he's incapable of being a starter. He's not Jamal Crawford.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Premium Member
51,478 Posts

·
Look at your favorite team, now back to mine, mine
8,475 Posts

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Anyways, Harden's probably going to be maxed out by some dumb team like the Bobcats.

I'm glad everyone's calmed down with the "2nd best SG in the league" bullshit with Harden.

·
Look at your favorite team, now back to mine, mine
8,475 Posts
So I guess 52 million wasn't enough for him? Pretentious prick.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
Hey Dre, should I say it?

1 - 20 of 695 Posts